Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Stuck in the world of REJECTION

last reply
6 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
I need some help. I dont know how many times i have submitted my story but i cant get it approved. Something is always wrong and i am at my wits end i cant figure anything else out. Being rejected for grammar and such of anyone can please help me proof read it would be awesome
Try reading it out loud to yourself, line for line. This helps a ton. And check out what those little red and green squiggly lines under your words are all about. A lot of times these can be ignored. A lot of times they can't.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Hi. I would start with your word processing software. I can assure you that without Microsoft Word I would be lost. It has excellent spelling and grammar checking protocols that help me a great deal.
On a Mac or IPad, the Pages program is just about effective.

Next, try googling the issues that are plaguing you. Some very good and easy to understand guides are available free that will do wonders in explaining things to help you improve.

Another learning excerise is to read other stories that have past, especially those with EP's. Take the time to see how other writers have dealt with the issues that you are struggling with. You can learn a great deal from this.

When you are rejected, send a polite pm to the mod and ask what it was that was wrong. If you show a desire to improve, we are very willing to help if we have the time.

There are other things you can do, depending on the exact issue you have. Feel free to send me a pm if you would like further assistance.
Im lost i dont know what else to do have had several people read it and they cant figure it out ethier...
Quote by PandoraBox
Im lost i dont know what else to do have had several people read it and they cant figure it out ethier...

I know it can be a frustrating process, but the moderators who've processed your story have given specific advice regarding what needs to be done. I pointed out the problems in my last notice to you and also provided examples to show you what was needed. Other moderators have done the same thing.

The main problem is past/present tense. You switch back and forth between the two, often in the middle of a sentence. You just need to choose one tense and use it for your entire story. Eg: I stand or I say, I stood or I said. This means changing all your verbs so they read in the same tense.

The other area that needs attention is punctuation, mainly in your dialogue. Links have been attached to the rejection notices pointing you in the direction of some resources that will help you.

Here's the one for dialogue:

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst27829_Formatting-Dialogue.aspx

You can also find some excellent writing advice here:

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_topics33_Morgan-Hawkes-writing-tips-and-advice.aspx

And some more here:

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_topics32_Essential-Reading.aspx
Pandora. your story is now published. I took the time to make numerous corrections - hopefully this is a learning experience for you - i sent you a msg with advice - heed it. the next one is all on you. compare what i did with what you gave me to work with. please. if you want to be a good writer, the onus is on you to work at improving your craft rather than letting someone else fix it for you.

thank you.

sprite
senior story mod
lush stories.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

If you read the notes written by the moderator in your rejection, you should know where your mistakes are. The linked resources relate to the areas of your mistakes. You should read them carefully and understand them before editing your story. As well, do not rely on spell check alone as it allows for errors that are words. There are many tools available to you in the Writer's Resources. Read them and use them.

If you are serious about writing, you will have to learn the rules involved, just as you did when you learned how to drive. It is up to you to make the effort. While help from others can assist in the short term, relying on this will leave you in the same place with your next story unless you understand the changes they suggest and learn from them.