Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Stephen King On Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, Lovecraft & More (55:51)...

last reply
6 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
That was really rather enlightening. Interesting interview.

The 50 Shades comments (around the 47 min mark) made me laugh.
Lurker
0 likes
That was so cool. Thanks for posting this. An hour well spent with best in the business.
Princess Blondie
0 likes
It was a good listen. I thought the other guy was a bit annoying, basically making fun of New England accent, but I guess there is going to be one in every crowd. Thanks for sharing.
†Jinxy Approved†

Lurker
0 likes
LOL - that's great. I'm like him when I write, "I know fuckall about what's going to happen." because the concept changes and sometimes trying to fit it into a pre defined box is pointless.

At 42:00 - fabulous bit, there - his view into creating characters and making them original. . .start '...totally unjudgmental...' - and the importance of taking note of little things you observe and building up from there. Character study - every day habits and hum drum life all make characters sound so real.

*raises hand - I've read 50 shades . . . no shame*

(spoiler = )Though I'm struggling to imagine King reading erotica I do agree with him on Ana as a character, absolutely. But Ana's NOT why I liked the books (the first 2 books - I didn't like the 3rd because i don't give a damn about her being stupid enough to get knocked up) - I like Christian. Ana's shallow, immature and outright annoying - but Christian is complex, appealing, intelligent, and very well developed. . . . I don't get what he sees in Ana - at all - other than she looks like his mother. She's a brat, an immature, self centered listless brat. I couldn't stand her. . . but Christian was very well developed.

Only because it was a Twilight FF to begin with (regardless of what James and publisher might say - it's obvious it is) . . . she could have at least improved on the 'clumsy, awkward, shiftless, gawky, virgin' concept a little bit *shrug*
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
Superb - thanks for sharing. I didn't mean to watch it all but Stephen is magnetic watching. The only book of his that I have read is 'On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft' but I'm planning on reading more.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's good to be the King! Awesome... thanks for posting.