Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Sprite's Pet Peeves - writers should check this out before submitting stories - it's just go

last reply
62 replies
6.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Delphi

lol I assure you there's no ulterior motive--that'd be ridiculous. And I think it'd be difficult to offend any story verifier, unless you write something excessively against Lush rules. Also, you're not the only person 60 or older who writes here. We don't subscribe to agism; verifiers treat everyone the same. Lush has standards for writing, offers forums and links to aid in learning, and incredible members and mods willing to help out total strangers even if it's difficult. We will continue to build our community of dirty, sexy writers and bring their well written stories to the front page of the site.

In the past week or two, we've been having glitches and have been working our asses off to help writers pass stories even through those issues. You can always PM the verifier who modded your story if you think there's a problem. Not doing so, yet publicly swinging at the mod team, accomplishes nothing.

Well, you never know, as in The Shadow radio show...what evil lurks in the hearts of men. That place you'd never guess was there, only to be surprised when it slips & makes itself known. God, I miss Archie Rothman's, " Time Machine" on WMMS at night 40 years ago.
Anyway...There are definitely glitches, as Liz & I discussed back & forth. Some corrections seemed to be overdubbed by remnants of deleted versions. In hindsight, I should've left them intact. I hadn't stopped to think that comparisons might need to be made. I'll leave the last one. Maybe I should have one of you look at my latest re-write? Maybe it'd give me a fresh perspective. Although I do have my own preferred style of writing I won't enjoy compromising to the point it isn't me anymore. That I will not do. I've been back & forth in re-writes & email discussions with Liz for as many times. Each time, some new complaint surfaced that wasn't mentioned before? Thus my thoughts on the matter any average person might think? That said, a lil " outside" help might be nice. But at least after Christmas day, unless told otherwise?
*PS- I really gotta stop writing late at night, or in the wee hours. I finally caught the improper tense changes, which switched things from present to past & such. I can't believe I missed that? Besides swapping " and" for "&", and " okay" for "OK", words for numbers. Changing some of the wording as well. Definitely an improvement. But I'll definitely have to proofread after uploading. To many odd glitches?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Elder1

Well, you never know, as in The Shadow radio show...what evil lurks in the hearts of men. That place you'd never guess was there, only to be surprised when it slips & makes itself known. God, I miss Archie Rothman's, " Time Machine" on WMMS at night 40 years ago.
Anyway...There are definitely glitches, as Liz & I discussed back & forth. Some corrections seemed to be overdubbed by remnants of deleted versions. In hindsight, I should've left them intact. I hadn't stopped to think that comparisons might need to be made. I'll leave the last one. Maybe I should have one of you look at my latest re-write? Maybe it'd give me a fresh perspective. Although I do have my own preferred style of writing I won't enjoy compromising to the point it isn't me anymore. That I will not do. I've been back & forth in re-writes & email discussions with Liz for as many times. Each time, some new complaint surfaced that wasn't mentioned before? Thus my thoughts on the matter any average person might think? That said, a lil " outside" help might be nice. But at least after Christmas day, unless told otherwise?...

My offer still stands -- I'll do some editing on your story. The mods here are good people and have a lot of work on their hands. I think I know what the site demands regarding grammar and punctuation.

Remember, English is an ever-evolving language, so what you were taught is probably a little different to what we now deem acceptable.

I am otherwise engaged with friends and family over the festive period, but have time on my hands from Boxing Day night onwards. Feel free to drop me line.

Tabs X
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Elder1
My story Reaching Out has been " fixed" 5 or 6 times, & each time a particular mod finds a whole new set of faults not mentioned previously.

I'm still waiting for you to send it to me for editing.