Prolog or authors note

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hello,

It says in the rules that “messages to the reader” should be left at the end of the story. But how to deal with say a, note from the author or a prolog? Like the ones you might find in the beginning of a book. A place where I, as the writer, introduce the story behind the story, the premises etc?

It’d make little sense to post it bellow chapter one; so would it be ok to start of in such a way?
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
0 likes
Messages to the reader appear on the form under the story but appear above it when published.
Check my first comp entry for an example I put a lexicon at the start of mine.
Example of reader note
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Thanks.
Love the Irish lexicon btw smile
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
0 likes
Glad you liked it.
Welcome to Lush.
We have a writing group to help new writers find their feet if you think we can help you.
Also do visit Rumps bar in the Pub forum.
I frequently tend bar over there, it's full of writers and dedicated readers.
One of the best places to network, share your troubles and we all love to meet new writers and celebrate their work.
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.