I'm looking for a good editor

last reply
2 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've been fortunate to have an excellent editor critique my last few stories before publication. This person didn't just spot obvious misusages, mistypes, poor grammar, etc. They also changed sentences that weren't incorrect to make them better. For example, changing the way I said something to make the important part of the sentence stand out, making compound sentences so everything wasn't so chronological. (Then she said... Then she did this... then she did that, etc).

Due to some personal issues, they no longer have time to help me. I really hate going back to publishing without an editor.

I wonder if there are volunteer editors on this site that will help. I hope to find someone that really understands how to put a paragraph together.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I'd be happy to help. I know I'm new, so you don't know if I'm any good, but if you want to send me something I can give it look over and you can let me know if you like how I edit. If you want to find someone else I won't take it personally.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Replying, although it's been a bit since the original. Still need an amazing accurate editor? (did i say amazing?)