How do series work on this site?

last reply
20 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
4 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It looks like the title of the story is in effect one of the chapters of the series. In other words, once I check the chapter story box and put the series name in that box - well, what goes in the title box? The same name as the series? The way I'm used to doing it elsewhere is exactly that; each "story" is a numbered chapter with the same name. I hope I explained that clearly.
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
You can treat it that way.

My Series Name

My Series Name Ch. 01
My Series Name Ch. 02

But Lush allows you to group things without the need for chapter numbers. For example, my Magic of the Wood series:

Magic of the Wood

Steward of the Wood
Daughter of the Wood
Forever of the Wood ( Pt. 1 of 2 )
Forever of the Wood ( Pt. 2 of 2 )

So on and so forth. As you can see, you can even include multi-part stories in the series if you wish.

The titles don't even have to have anything to do with the series name.

The Ancient Peoples

Serpentine Destiny
Feather and Scale
Tangled Coils

You have a lot more flexibility here, but you do still need to produce everything in sequence in order to link them up as a series. There's no ability to insert a story in the middle of the timeline without editing every single story in the series from where you're inserting the middle story to link them up in the new order.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thank you for your response. Yes, I have seen the series blue boxes under the titles. When I tried it in drafts mode, it didn't seem to be there, but I suppose that is to be expected. I wasn't surprised to hear about the inability to insert stories in the middle, but that's true on other sites too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just remember to check the series box on the first story and enter the name of your series where it asks, then title each chapter whatever you want but enter the exact same series name to link it (don't check the series box after the first one, however!) It will prompt you with the series name when you start to enter it, so its easy to click on that to get the series name exactly the same.

It took a little trial and error and a helpful moderator, but I finally got it figured out.

Please take a peek at my stories! Here's a small variety pack:

To Soar With Eagles | Lush Stories An emotional story of love and loss that may touch your heart. Sexy... yes, of course, but uplifting as well! And a Recommended Read!

I Like Big Cocks and I Cannot Lie: Part 1 of 2 | Lush Stories A 2-part story of my bisexual husband and I engaging with a very well-endowed friend!

The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Lush Stories My thoughtful husband gifts me an erotic beach massage session with a large and talented Jamaican masseur... and oh my!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks, I think I got it - or I'll know for sure in a few days! I gather that entering the series name should be done at the very end - timewise - before posting, because it doesn't remain there when I reopen a story that's in the middle of the editing process.
"the Great God (snicker)" - James 'Bear' Llewellyn
0 likes
Quote by LakeShoreLimited
Thanks, I think I got it - or I'll know for sure in a few days! I gather that entering the series name should be done at the very end - timewise - before posting, because it doesn't remain there when I reopen a story that's in the middle of the editing process.

The series name should only be entered on the 1st chapter. Every chapter that is linked back to the 1st one will have the little blue label.

In my experience, I just follow down the page. So:
Category, Title, etc., body,
Click the box 'Group the linked stories as chapters of this story' and add series name (if it's the 1st chapter) or link back if it's the 2nd or subsequent
Copyright box, mod notes, continue.
This will then show the blue label when you are happy with the piece and have pressed publish.
Hope this helps

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Once more in Love Poems - My Forever Beauty

My 2 previous submissions:

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Please read and enjoy. If you really enjoyed a story someone has written; how about clicking on 'Like' and/or 'Favorite'.
Why not leave a comment too?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by kiteares

The series name should only be entered on the 1st chapter. Every chapter that is linked back to the 1st one will have the little blue label.

In my experience, I just follow down the page. So:
Category, Title, etc., body,
Click the box 'Group the linked stories as chapters of this story' and add series name (if it's the 1st chapter) or link back if it's the 2nd or subsequent
Copyright box, mod notes, continue.
This will then show the blue label when you are happy with the piece and have pressed publish.
Hope this helps

Sorry, that sort of contradicts what the people above said. The box should be checked only for the first chapter, but if the subsequent chapters don't also have the series name, then how does the software know what they are linked to? Maybe I missed something there.
Testing The Waters.
0 likes

Sorry, that sort of contradicts what the people above said. The box should be checked only for the first chapter, but if the subsequent chapters don't also have the series name, then how does the software know what they are linked to? Maybe I missed something there.

That's done by the "Link This Story" link, as shown below on one of mine.

Each subsequent story in the series after the first links back to the previous story in the series. That's how it keeps them grouped. The above image is from the edit screen for the second story in the series, "Feather and Scale", which links back to the first, "Serpentine Destiny".
0 likes

It is slightly different and I really noticed when RR posted their screen shots. Bear in mind, I've done this for 6 series and am now on my 7th.

Chapter 1:

- The heading has the name of the chapter (When The Ball Was Over) with the series blue label (It Can't Be Right) underneath. Obviously, there is no previous chapter to link to.
- Chapter Story - box checked
- Series Name - completed
- Link This Story - empty.

Chapter 2:

The heading now has the name and link of the 1st (previous chapter) along with the current chapter title and blue label.
Chapter Story - box not checked
Series Name - here is where I seem to differ. I do NOT populate this after the first chapter. When I went into edit to grab the screen grabs I saw it was populated. Just to make sure I was not going totally mad, I added a test chapter as I normally do, sure enough when I pressed continue the blue label was there, when I went back to edit it, the field had populated itself.
Link This Story - to the previous chapter.

How does the software know? Gav would have to give the definitive answer to that one, I know that it works this way for me.

The best thing for you to do, IMO is try it. You have two stories (Nora...) edit them and add a series name and check the Chapter Story Box in Nora Considers Domination. Publish it.
Then you have to edit the second, unlink and then relink it for the software to connect the dots.
These edits have the benefit of not needing Mod approval (or didn't when I went through a couple of series adding the name)

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Please read and enjoy. If you really enjoyed a story someone has written; how about clicking on 'Like' and/or 'Favorite'.

Charming as fuck
0 likes
Kiteares is correct - you only need to type the series name once. If you link chapter 2 to that first one (then link chapter 3 to chapter 2 and so on), the series name will populate because of the link.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thank you for all of the help. I should have the first chapter posted near the end of the week and the next one a few days later.
0 likes
Quote by CharlotteRusse1
Can you link old stories together?

Yes.

Start with the 1st chapter - Edit it and add the information (like above). When you publish it should update that chapter immediately, doesn't need a mod to approve it (last I checked).

Then go to the 2nd chapter edit, continue and publish. You don't need to add details, the process of editing and publishing will update them but you will need to go through each chapter like this. It can be a bit tedious.

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a series link retrospectively? I've read the thread above and can't find any blue boxes anywhere. I tried going via the edit story function but that sends an already-approved story back to the moderators creating unnecessary work.

Partner-in-Lust / Cummunist
1 like

Quote by JamesMerton1960

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a series link retrospectively? I've read the thread above and can't find any blue boxes anywhere. I tried going via the edit story function but that sends an already-approved story back to the moderators creating unnecessary work.

You should be able to add your stories to a series without them going back to the queue.

If it does, don't worry, just send me a message and I'll take care of them.

Curiosity is one of those insatiable passions that grow by gratification.
Dirty Stop-out
1 like

Quote by JamesMerton1960

Those instructions were all for the old site. Now, you just go back to edit the story, add a series title at the bottom. You can reedit the stories in the series via the stories page on your profile. Just click on the series button, choose the series you want to reorder and move them up or down.

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

For a book club with a difference... try this lesbian romp

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

Quote by AvidlyCurious

You should be able to add your stories to a series without them going back to the queue.

If it does, don't worry, just send me a message and I'll take care of them.

Hi - sorry if I’m in the wrong place with this question. How long does it take for a story to be reviewed?

Thanks smile

0 likes

Quote by Shhhdonttell

Hi - sorry if I’m in the wrong place with this question. How long does it take for a story to be reviewed?

Thanks smile

Hi!
It depends on how many stories are in the queue and moderators available at any given time, but usually it takes between 1-2 days for Platinum and Gold members, and between 3-7 days for the rest.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

I have read most of the answers and one of the best things about a series timeline is that you can go into the timeline and move them up or down as needed. if you go into a series that you've started, there is a place If you go into any story of that series and look at the title page, you'll see the series name in a long rectangle, and to the right, there is a second rectangle with a mysterious symbol in it. Click on it, and all the members connected to the series will be listed in the order Lush has them, with arrows to move them up or down. This does not go to the moderator. you do need to check because i've seen stories with time lines all messed up

Second, when I've started a series and added names, I edit the story with a note to the moderator that all I've done is add the story to a series. It gets done very quickly for me.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

I am an engineer and have also been very good in science and math but poor in English and grammar. I submitted a semi true story a few months ago and it was rejected because of errors and spacing. I don't see the glaring errors that shpould reject a story. I need some editing help. Could I get a volunteer to help me. I would appreciate it. Thanks

Sonny2212

1 like

Quote by sonny2212

I am an engineer and have also been very good in science and math but poor in English and grammar. I submitted a semi true story a few months ago and it was rejected because of errors and spacing. I don't see the glaring errors that shpould reject a story. I need some editing help. Could I get a volunteer to help me. I would appreciate it. Thanks

Sonny2212

The return note mentioned the issues that needed some work (other than spacing), as well as a few guides to help you. I'll send you a message for more clarity.

AC