Copyright Law and protecting your work

last reply
33 replies
11.0k views
1 watcher
4 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes

@CallmeJayne, I hadn't considered the fact that my concept may not necessarily be very unique, but has perhaps not been done before (at least as far as I can see) because it isn't a particularly good or publishable idea. lol That was some cold water on my face there. 🤣

I clicked on the link you posted, but for some reason, there is no erotica section I could find, leading me to think maybe self-publication is the way to go. Kind of leaning that way anyway, since trying to go the traditional publishing route can get really difficult when navigating submission, papering my walls with rejection letters, and that's not even factoring the problems finding an agent.

I don't care about the money if I publish online, to be honest. They can have their 50% as far as I'm concerned. I only want to see if my stuff is worthy of being read. As far as the site's subscription services, to be honest, I am not one who is into cam-girls and such. I was just a little put off by the fact that creating threads in a text-based message forum was something that they charge for. No biggie, I guess, as I can always just look up threads and respond in them like I did here.

I may actually need to pay for an editor, or better yet, find someone I can trust to share my ideas with and some of my writing, and pay them a fee for evaluating and critiquing my work. Alternatively, I could try posting my work here, but based on what I have read, story-wise on this site, my writing may very well be too long-winded for LushStories, as I tend to describe a lot, and get into various story elements in an attempt to both differentiate myself from regular sex stories, where the action really gets started very quickly, and because I tend to be very detail oriented, which may not be good for posting stories online here. To give you an example, one of the MANY books I have started and written more than a small amount in, I don't even get into anything overtly sexual for like 50 pages.

1 like

@SuccubusLover

You seem like a nice man.

I'm not American, but they must publish something like 'The Writers And Artists Yearbook'. That will tell you everything you need to know about the how, what, and who of publishing.

You might also find this useful:

https://blog.reedsy.com/best-self-publishing-companies/

Particularly if you are looking for a professional editor.

Best of luck. And don't go talking to any cam girls. 😊

Rookie Scribe
1 like

Quote by CallmeJayne

Best of luck. And don't go talking to any cam girls. 😊

Why not? What's wrong with being grifted by attractive women on the screen who aren't interested in me at all, and only want my money? 😲

I will check out that link from work today or when I get home. THANK YOU for the info!