Anyone Feel like helping a noob??

last reply
2 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
So tried getting my 1st story published, and ya no go. Was gammar stuff, saying was going from present to past tense. I am going to have a read and edit later but was looking to see if anyone could give a hand.

Thank you
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Switching between past and present is a problem most newbie writers face. While waiting for your first Pulitzer to show up, you might try:

Find a grammar site that will give you a heads-up on the subject. There are many.

Try reading your story out loud. Many folks find it easier to hear the switches than to pick them up visually.

Practice, practice, practice (sorry, couldn't help myself) smile

Most of all, welcome to Lush. Stop by Rumplations sometimes and somebody might even buy you a drink.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SexiSkye

So tried getting my 1st story published, and ya no go. Was gammar stuff, saying was going from present to past tense. I am going to have a read and edit later but was looking to see if anyone could give a hand.

Thank you

I'll be honest, I don't really remember having that problem.

But it's really easy to get past I think. If you're writing a story, I always find it best to be one step ahead, so while writing, in your head plan the next part. Example.

I looked at my watch, I must go to the shop I said to myself.

Now, as I was writing that^ My character was at the door, because I was planning ahead.

Just remember to plan in the present, not past. (:

Good luck and welcome.