Login

Too much money!!!

last reply
14 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I Gave the
clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'you gave me
too much money.' I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar
bill back.' She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me
to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the
quarter, and said 'We're sorry but they could not do that kind
of thing.' The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1
and 75 cents in change..
Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.
Seriously, how far in the deep south are you? If the MANAGER couldn't figure it out!?!? I do this kind of thing all the time. Crazy. And sad.
Quote by Mr_Sfstk8d
Seriously, how far in the deep south are you? If the MANAGER couldn't figure it out!?!? I do this kind of thing all the time. Crazy. And sad.

Dude I live up north and we get plenty of idiots like that.
Unfortunately, Stupid doesn't have any borders. But at least you made out with an extra quarter! guffaw
I love it when the restaurant pays YOU to eat!
Quote by EnGorged
Unfortunately, Stupid doesn't have any borders. But at least you made out with an extra quarter! guffaw

There are lots of people who can't count back change, it's really kind of sad.
Algol
Here's one of my favorite making change skits of all time...
S.O.S.=stuck on stupid You can't fix stupid
Quote by Charlie_Brown

it is so sad to realize what has happened to our country and the world.
Carpe Diem

Red out
Quote by Redwolf
Quote by Charlie_Brown

it is so sad to realize what has happened to our country and the world.

I agree wolf.
Quote by Mr_Sfstk8d

First off, not all Southern people are stupid. I'm from the south. Second, it might have been someones first day there, in that case, it is always funny laughing at the new ones!
I'm from the South too, sort-of. And I've lived all over the US (plus Korea) and I'm pretty well versed on the pro's and con's of a number of states' educational systems as well as the gross popular education level in various regions of the US. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if this came from someplace Deep South (AK, MS, LA, GA, WV, etc.) but it's not the ONLY region in the US this could happen. But what really floored me is that the Manager screwed the pooch on this one too. THAT'S pathetic.
Quote by Mr_Sfstk8d
I'm from the South too, sort-of. And I've lived all over the US (plus Korea) and I'm pretty well versed on the pro's and con's of a number of states' educational systems as well as the gross popular education level in various regions of the US. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if this came from someplace Deep South (AK, MS, LA, GA, WV, etc.) but it's not the ONLY region in the US this could happen. But what really floored me is that the Manager screwed the pooch on this one too. THAT'S pathetic.

As said I am from up north in Connecticut to be exact and have had stuff like that happen here so it's not as some have put it a regional thing. LOL
lol I'm from MA and it happens ALL the time. Which is why we go to Wendy's normally.