Proper Pronunciation

last reply
10 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
An American was waiting on a London street corner. An attractive English girl was passing by when a gust of wind blew her dress above her waist.
"A bit airy..." remarked the American. Hearing this, the Cockney girl replied indignantly, " 'ell yes! What did you expect - feathers?!"
Lurker
0 likes
Then they went to her place.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't get it.....
Lurker
0 likes
Airy as in 'Hairy' ha ha think maralyn monroe with the wind blowing the skirt up she was all hairy. then she though he said airy as in air. so that is why she replied what did you expect feathers ha ha. hope that clearer for you.
Lurker
0 likes
LOL Good one HB.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HoneyBee000
"A bit airy..." remarked the American.

It took me a minute to get it as well, LOL. I think the problem is that no American would say "A bit..." that's very English and I don't think they would say "airy" either. I think it would probably have worked better if you had someone British say the first part, perhaps from London?

I think an American would say, "It's a little windy huh?" but then that don't work with yer joke, now does it?

Ok, now that we've thoroughly picked this joke apart...ummm...LOL?
Lurker
0 likes
sounds like we just had ourselves an on-line poetry discussion haha lol
Lurker
0 likes
Don't worry HB, I liked the joke! It was funny!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HoneyBee000
Airy as in 'Hairy' ha ha think maralyn monroe with the wind blowing the skirt up she was all hairy. then she though he said airy as in air. so that is why she replied what did you expect feathers ha ha. hope that clearer for you.

ok....lol!
Lurker
0 likes
Well, we ran that joke into the ground, eh?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes