Mozart's Grave

last reply
7 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When Mozart passed away, he was buried in a churchyard. A couple days later, the town drunk was walking through the cemetery and heard some strange noise coming from the area where Mozart was buried.

Terrified, the drunk ran and got the priest to come and listen to it. The priest bent close to the grave and heard some faint, unrecognizable music coming from the grave. Frightened, the priest ran and got the town magistrate.

When the magistrate arrived, he bent his ear to the grave, listened for a moment, and said, "Ah, yes, that's Mozart's Ninth Symphony, being played backwards."

He listened a while longer, and said, "There's the Eighth Symphony, and it's backwards, too. Most puzzling."

So the magistrate kept listening; "There's the Seventh... the Sixth... the Fifth..."

Suddenly the realization of what was happening dawned on the magistrate; he stood up and announced to the crowd that had gathered in the cemetery, "My fellow citizens, there's nothing to worry about. It's just Mozart decomposing."
Matriarch
0 likes
That's a shocker Keep 'em coming
Lurker
0 likes
Still funny.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Congratulations: never heard anything so great, amazing story. Two hands clapping!!
Composing or decomposing?

Lurker
0 likes
Umm ... being a professional classical musician I have to tell you that I know that story and that it is NOT Mozart, but Beethoven who it is about! Beethoven wrote 9 symphonies, hence the countdown from 9 on ... whereas Mozart wrote 41. And, Mozart was buried in a mass grave somewhere in Vienna and nobody ever found his grave, its remains are unknown!
Lovely story, however!
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
dont care whos its about i think its funny!
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yeah, lovely story. I always like to know the real facts .....

*The Dark Room*

How do you talk to an Angel available from Amazon.