Login

Movie Quotes Game

last reply
40 replies
3 watchers
16 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I’m interested to see if people like this game. I’m a movie fan and can often remember movies based on quotes. So here’s the game.

I’ll post a movie quote to get us going (nothing too easy but trying to make it a popular movie) and you reply with a guess as to which movie you think it is. Feel free to post your own quote for a different movie in your reply if you want.

So here goes for the first game:

“He was a mean dog”

The Goddess
1 like

Quote by SilentOrgasm

“He was a mean dog”

Forrest Gump

xxx

“Say hello to my little friend!’

His GODDESS 💋💋💋💋💋💋

Every second of every day. 💕💝

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Venus…. Superb and yes Forrest Gump. xxx

“Say hello to my little friend!’ = Scarface.

Next quote:

“Don’t you just love it when you come back from the bathroom and your food is waiting for you…”

1 like

Pulp Fiction, if I am not mistaken.

"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the universe, anything at all, you would've hidden from it in terror."

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Superb buddy, yes Pulp Fiction.

Your is a tough one. I can’t tell from that quote… I assume it’s a movie not a tv show…? Please give me another quote from the same movie…

P.S. love the I.T crowd and Dr Who too

1 like

Quote by SilentOrgasm

Superb buddy, yes Pulp Fiction.

Your is a tough one. I can’t tell from that quote… I assume it’s a movie not a tv show…? Please give me another quote from the same movie…

P.S. love the I.T crowd and Dr Who too

Definitely a movie. Thanks.

"I'm flying blind on a hawkman rocket cycle."

The Goddess
2 likes

“I'm flying blind on a hawkman rocket cycle."

Flash Gordon

xxx

“I would rather be with the people of this town than with the finest people in the world.”

His GODDESS 💋💋💋💋💋💋

0 likes

"Freedom? We have it! And fame? Nah. It's an empty purse. Count it, go broke. Eat it, go hungry. Seek it, go mad."

The Goddess
0 likes

Quote by Geekguy1976

"Freedom? We have it! And fame? Nah. It's an empty purse. Count it, go broke. Eat it, go hungry. Seek it, go mad."

Ahhh Sugar… smile

Idea of this that you guess the quote about before adding yours. So let me try again…

“I would rather be with the people of this town than with the finest people in the world.”

His GODDESS 💋💋💋💋💋💋

0 likes

Quote by Venus18

Ahhh Sugar… smile

Idea of this that you guess the quote about before adding yours. So let me try again…

Roxanne, lol.

0 likes

Let me try this again...

0 likes

Quote by Venus18

“I'm flying blind on a hawkman rocket cycle."

Flash Gordon

xxx

Mater from the Cars movie

Be brave and upright that God may love thee”

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Quote by Geekguy1976

Let me try this again...

Krull.

“I’m gonna go get the papers, get the papers”

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Jimmy Two Times, The Goodfellas.

"May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined."

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Quote by TheMonster

Jimmy Two Times, The Goodfellas. - Absolutely

"May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined."

That’s tough… I’ll guess The Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy?

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Quote by TheMonster

Jimmy Two Times, The Goodfellas.

I have no idea with this one buddy… is it a relatively well known film?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by thesexynun

Um he said it way better I’m like what???

This is one of the times we don’t want to make it too hard… 😏

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

It's not _that_ hard... 80's 'so bad it's good' movie, with Peter Weller, Jeff Goldblum, Christoplher Lloyd, John Lithgow...

I tend to use that quote as a very sarcastic replacement for "thank you, Captain Obvious" lol

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by TheMonster

It's not _that_ hard... 80's 'so bad it's good' movie, with Peter Weller, Jeff Goldblum, Christoplher Lloyd, John Lithgow...

I tend to use that quote as a very sarcastic replacement for "thank you, Captain Obvious" lol

Just looked at IMDB and I think I guessed the movie from the cast but won’t cheat and name it as I really didn’t know it…

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by SilentOrgasm
I really didn’t know it…

Then I must recommand watching it... For a good laugh. 😉

1 like

Quote by TheMonster

Weller, Goldblum, Lloyd, Lithgow, Clancy Brown as well. Penny Pretty. John Big Booty. One of the greatest ending theme sequences of a time.... Do I need to say more?

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension. One of my favorite guilty pleasure, if its on I am watching it movies.

0 likes

"When single shines the triple sun

What was sundered and undone

Shall be whole, the two made one

By gelfling hand or else by none..."

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Quote by Geekguy1976

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension.

Well done. And as far as Clancy Brown's concerned, I had included him in my list at first (along with Vincent Schiavelli), but since most people don't know who he is unless you tell them "he played the effing Kurgan!", I removed him. Same with Schiavelli, everybody knows his face but the people who also know his name are rare... 😉

I know your quote ("gelfling" is a dead giveaway by the All-Maudra!), but I'll let someone else have a go first...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by TheMonster

Well done. And as far as Clancy Brown's concerned, I had included him in my list at first (along with Vincent Schiavelli), but since most people don't know who he is unless you tell them "he played the effing Kurgan!", I removed him. Same with Schiavelli, everybody knows his face but the people who also know his name are rare... 😉

I know your quote ("gelfling" is a dead giveaway by the All-Maudra!), but I'll let someone else have a go first...

Omg so confused 😂

0 likes

Quote by SilentOrgasm

Omg so confused 😂

Confusion is not my chief weapon. Usually its surprise and fear and....lol

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

...and ruthless efficiency... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope... Wait, I'll just come in again.

(And now this thread definitely is confusing! 🤣)

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Well, I've left enough time for someone else to guess where Geekguy's quote came from. It's Dark Crystal...

I'll make this one relatively easy:

"As a duly designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension."

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by TheMonster

Well, I've left enough time for someone else to guess where Geekguy's quote came from. It's Dark Crystal...

I'll make this one relatively easy:

"As a duly designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension."

Who you gonna call…. “Ghostbusters”