Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

A Brain Teaser

last reply
14 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Ok you go back to 1956 for one week and allowed to take three (3) things from 2011 what would you take and why? And can bring back one (1) item from then

However you must be aware of the Political, Social and economic climate of the year and the decade you will be in for one week. And you must also use existing power sources if any. As well as be aware of the edge of paranoia the decade had and differences in technological advances.

I'd bring money and buy as much stock in GE as possible. ;)

(edit to original posting: alright then gold instead of money)
first thing ill take would be a decent bed god the woven ones back in the day ended up sagging ... definitely take a book on the last one hundred years top investment and take advantage of the opportunity to return to the present with future options, i would like to meet my grandparents ... things are looking up! what would i bring back hmmmm my parents smile
Quote by ForbiddenEden
I'd bring money and buy as much stock in GE as possible. ;)

There would be a difference in the money
Well, my first thought was my GPS, because I get lost in a paper bag, but I'm thinking that it would probably be best used as a doorstop in the 1950's given the satellite technology then! ;)
I would take with me:
A Kevlar vest (safety first - at the time too many bullets were flying through Europe)
A video or sound recorder (I know they make some tiny little things that look like pens or light)
Medicine (Pop it in some univesity's mail box with a message "analize and duplicate pls", help speed up the process, save lives and all that...)
Bring back... hmm, nothing really. Actualy, come to think of it again, I'd bring back the Romanian National Treasure that was stored for safe keeping in Moscow and Russia refused to return after WW2 and send it back to it's people, where it belongs: in Romania!
Take:
Money from that era to buy stocks I know would stay stable over the years(with plans on how to retrieve them when I returned to my time).
Clothes from that era(to blend in).
Crib notes on key events from that time(written on paper so they could be burned and not found by that era's people).
Return with:
Not sure.Probably best to keep the past in the past.
Things I would take:
A map of Los Angeles
A map of Los Vegas
Enough cash to buy up a few hundred acres of << ahem >> "worthless" desert

Why:
Can we say "Thousand Oaks", boys and girls?

What I'd bring back:
Clark Gable
Quote by KristySwallows
Take:
Money from that era to buy stocks I know would stay stable over the years(with plans on how to retrieve them when I returned to my time).
Clothes from that era(to blend in).
Crib notes on key events from that time(written on paper so they could be burned and not found by that era's people).
Return with:
Not sure.Probably best to keep the past in the past.

One of the best ones I have heard on this post and most realistic
Quote by princesskarly
My iPodheart

you must be aware of the Political, Social and economic climate of the year and the decade you will be in for one week. And you must also use existing power sources if any. As well as be aware of the edge of paranoia the decade had and differences in technological advances.
I would take $3,000 in period currency

The first $1,000 would be put into Mcdonald's stock

The rest would be taken to a lawyer who would be instructed to set up an investment corporation, with me as the principal stockholder, to be managed according to the following instructions:

1958 - Buy 100k shares of Winnebago stock at a penny a share
1972 - Sell Winnebago stock at $22 a share
1973 - Buy Winnebago stock at $2 a share
- Buy Dollar General stock at 3 cents a share
- Buy Exxon stock at $3.25 a share
1982 - Sell Winnebago stock at $14 a share
1983 - Buy Winnebago stock at $3.25 a share
1985 - Sell Winnebago stock at $14 a share
1991 - Buy Winnebago stock at $2 a share
1999 - Sell Winnebago stock at $28 a share
2000 - Buy Winnebago stock at $14 a share
2004 - Sell Winnebago stock at $75 a share
- Buy Exxon-Mobile stock at $30 a share
2008 - Buy Winnebago stock at $3.25 a share
- Sell Dollar General stock at $28 a share
2011 - Sell Winnebago stock at $16 a share
Quote by ShyDreaming
I would take with me:
A Kevlar vest (safety first - at the time too many bullets were flying through Europe)
A video or sound recorder (I know they make some tiny little things that look like pens or light)
Medicine (Pop it in some univesity's mail box with a message "analize and duplicate pls", help speed up the process, save lives and all that...)
Bring back... hmm, nothing really. Actualy, come to think of it again, I'd bring back the Romanian National Treasure that was stored for safe keeping in Moscow and Russia refused to return after WW2 and send it back to it's people, where it belongs: in Romania!

another excellent reply
well. i have to agree with several who said they would make investments, but i would do it a little differently. i would set up a bank account in a bank that still exists, then an investment account with a firm that exists today and also back then. and while i might do some buyind and selling of specific stocks, i would look for stocks that have just steadily improved through the years, until the time i turned 21.

then i would write a letter to myself, with all the buy/sell info as well as any other pertinent info (like NOT to Marry the guy i did). i would put in enough info , so i would believe me. might also include some other info, about certain discoveries or inventions so i could either be the one to "discover" or "invent".

in the letter, i would also provide some key historical info to see if i could do something to prevent certain things likes assassinations, 9/11, school shootings like Columbine and others, some bridge collapses, and possibly some things like levee collapse in new orleans. would also provide some health info on loved ones who died preventable deaths, so intervention could be done while there was still time.

letter would be set up in a trust somewhere to be given to me on my 21st birthday. then i would take it over from there. the last hting i would do would be to buy up a bunch of toys and baseball cards from the era, then put them somewhere safe and provide the info about them in the letter, advising when to sell them. and i guess that would qualify as what i would "bring back" with me.