10 things you don't want to hear on an airplane intercom

last reply
21 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
10. This is your captain speaking and I don't feel that life is worth living anymore.
9. We're cruising at an altitude of... ah, hell, I don't know.
8. Could somebody come up here and tell me what this button does?
7. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Just kidding.
6. Would a flight attendant bring me a martini? And keep 'em coming!
5. This is...uh...this is...uh...your...hmm. I seem to have lost my memory.
4. Passengers on the left side of the plane -- does that engine sound funny to you?
3. Welcome aboard flight 109 -- you bunch of jerks!
2. Good God, Steve! We're going to crash! Oops -- is this intercom on?
1. We'll be on the ground in 10 minutes. One way or another.
Lurker
0 likes
We'll be on the ground in 10 minutes. One way or another.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
LOL
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote from the Airplane (1980) Movie:

Rex Kramer: Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes
Seeker
0 likes
7. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Just kidding.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Another good quote is from the movie Madagascar II

The Pilot says, "I have good news and bad news."

"The good news is, we will be landing soon....the bad news is, it will be a crash landing!"
Lurker
0 likes
That reminded me of this true story I heard about years ago.

An Onur Air pilot warned his British passengers their plane was unsafe moments before he quit the Turkish airline and left the aircraft.

The Mirror newspaper said the unnamed pilot warned all the passengers on his plane, which had been chartered by the British firm Goldtrail, that the craft was unsafe for flight and left behind frightened passengers by disembarking in Antalya, Turkey.

This is your captain speaking, the pilot said after allegedly hearing strange noises in the engines during warm-up. I am resigning. Do not fly with this plane. It is not safe. Do not fly Onur Air.

Many of the craft's passengers later flew out in a replacement flight, but 20 remained behind after heeding the pilot's warning and were stranded in Turkey, the Mirror said.

Goldtrail exec Rebecca Copeland dismissed the pilot's actions, saying they were simply the actions of a disgruntled employee.

There was a problem between him and the airline, he turned it into a bigger one, Copeland told The Mirror. The fault was a small technical problem. It was not major because the aircraft is still flying.

http://news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/Asia/20060925/460324.html
Lurker
0 likes
OMG, as if I wasn't afraid of flying before.....
Forum Whore
0 likes
Quote by fystee
Another good quote is from the movie Madagascar II

The Pilot says, "I have good news and bad news."

"The good news is, we will be landing soon....the bad news is, it will be a crash landing!"

Lurker
0 likes
Self medicating with those little bottles of jack daniels and diet coke tends to make flying a more relaxing experience lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Loislane
Self medicating with those little bottles of jack daniels and diet coke tends to make flying a more relaxing experience lol

I totally agree!
Lurker
0 likes
Does any one know how to fly a plane?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BBB856

I do.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
" .. Does any one know how to fly a plane? .."

That's got to be close to No. 1, but how about "I thought you filled it up before we left."
Lurker
0 likes
Sadly, while on a plane I have heard #4 and #1. The last time I flew, the landing gear came off. So many things have happened while I was on a plane that most of my family won't fly with me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BBB856

LMAO! We are all pilots!
0 likes
Quote by fystee
4. Passengers on the left side of the plane -- does that engine sound funny to you?

I was on a flight last year where one of the pilots walked down the aisle right to where I was sitting at the very back of the plane. He stood beside me and leaned over like he was listening for something, then returned to the front of the plane again without saying a word. Freaked me out a little bit!
Matriarch
0 likes
Robert Smith of "The Cure" fame refuses to fly. The only time they've toured in Australia he came aboard the QE2 I believe. I don't blame him, I hate flying long haul.
Smiley Guru
0 likes
Quote from the movie Fools Gold...

Tess Finnegan: [as they sit in an airplane] We're flying! How do you know how to do this?
Ben 'Finn' Finnegan: Playstation!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well, I was once talking to one pal, an airline staff and a Mr. in his 50's. He told me and account about one of his trips Bogota - Caracas, many years ago, in the 80's, and this happened during a flight -Venezuelan DC-10 airliner. This Mr. said that he was concerned about listening strange noises apparently coming from the aircraft rudder as is swayed with creaking noise. This guy who was in cargo management at this particular airline was seated in the last row.

On another ocassion, a Colombian pal who travelled within Venezuela, told me that the pilot had gotten out of the cockpit and had walked along the aisle to stop halfway; ducked and pushed open a latch to get down there, while passengers whitnessed the scene. This pal didn't mention about more details, but I figure out the pilot would be checking some problem or condition in the landing gear.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Excuse me ladies and gentlemen we are about to take off and should be arriving at JFK on roughly nine hours, by the way all of the lavatories are out of order
I'm always perving...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by fystee
Quote by Loislane

I totally agree!

Now why dilute perfectly good Jack Daniels with anything, other than more Jack Daniels!