Login

Highly Trained Armed Security In Schools - Reallocate IRS Funds to Do It

last reply
492 replies
14.9k views
3 watchers
91 likes
0 likes

This School Guardian Act is the smartest legislation to go before Congress in ages!

OAN Geraldyn Berry
UPDATED 2:50 PM – Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Under legislation proposed on Tuesday by Senator Rick Scott, funds allocated for thousands of additional Internal Revenue Service (IRS) workers would be diverted to a grant program enabling schools worldwide to hire armed law enforcement officers.

According to a news release from the senator’s office, the School Guardian Act would divert approximately $80 billion that Congress authorized for the tax agency’s expansion into initiatives to prevent and address school shootings, like the 2018 17-person massacre that occurred at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida, as well as other recent incidents.

The families of those victims have shown their support for Scott’s plan.

With the help of a block grant program established by the School Guardian Act, the U.S. Department of Justice will be able to pay for the full-time employment of one or more police officers to provide security at each K–12 school across the nation.

“There’ll be an armed police officer or a sheriff’s deputy or an individual who has completed the rigorous training produced through the Guardian program at all these schools,” Scott said.

The program would reportedly be funded by reallocating currently unused portions of the $80 billion appropriated to the IRS in the Inflation Reduction Act.

The bill was endorsed by Stand with Parkland, the Florida Sheriffs Association, and the Florida Police Chiefs Association.

0 likes

They are likely talking about U.S. schools in foreign countries. DOD has quite a few.

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
4 likes

From a non-American view point this seems totally fucked up. It kinda admits that the current lack of gun control leaves kids in danger. But instead of dealing with the cause, it focuses on the symptoms, by throwing more arms in the mix. Totally bonkers.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes

Gun control in criminal’s hands will always be a problem, but amongst law abiding citizens, gun control is not a/the problem. Funny how society will place armed security in places throughout society to protect “valuables,” when there are few things in life to even come close to protecting children, and innocent peoples’ lives.

Quote by noll

From a non-American view point this seems totally fucked up. It kinda admits that the current lack of gun control leaves kids in danger. But instead of dealing with the cause, it focuses on the symptoms, by throwing more arms in the mix. Totally bonkers.

———————

To what do you attribute “the cause?”

Gun control in criminal’s hands will always be a problem, but amongst law abiding citizens, gun control is not a/the problem. Funny how society will place armed security in places throughout society to protect “valuables,” when there are few things in life to even come close to protecting children, and innocent peoples’ lives.

Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
5 likes

LOL.

This country is so fucked.

The response to a gun problem is not more guns. The solution has never been more guns. No amount of mental gymnastics and outright delusion is going to change that.

Anything that normalizes gun violence in schools is fundamentally fucked, and has no chance of success.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

2 likes

Quote by JustAMan

Having way too many guns in society, and having way too easy access to guns.

0 likes

Quote by noll

Having way too many guns in society, and having way too easy access to guns.

———————

The Netherlands were invaded and lost at least twice in the past 400 years. I am fairly confident that had a good portion of its citizens been armed and trained to use those arms that history would’ve favored the Netherlands better.

Which countries came to the aid of the Netherlands to secure its freedom?

ManyUnited States citizens own, train with, and are willing to die for the right to do so because we refuse to let tyrants try to subjugate us, a free people. Legal access to guns in the USA is not at all easy.

The real issues in the USA are human psychological ones—suicide by guns is the primary (about 65%) cause of deaths by guns, with the remaining 35% being criminals with illegally obtained firearms. Mass shootings in the USA do not even account for half of 1% of firearm related deaths, but the would be tyrants in the world and our country blow this issue way out of proportion for political and power reasons.

0 likes

Quote by Dani

LOL.

The response to a gun problem is not more guns. The solution has never been more guns. No amount of mental gymnastics and outright delusion is going to change that.

Anything that normalizes gun violence in schools is fundamentally fucked, and has no chance of success.

———————

Seriously, if our country is so fucked, why live in it? You must have a better one in mind from which to make such a statement.

The real problem is NOT guns, it’s behavior and it’s mostly suicides (Please see my comments directly above?). If you stated that adding more “illegal” guns doesn’t help, I would totally agree.

What purpose is served by putting others down when they have the same right to a different opinion? I though the Think Tank is here for constructive and positive discussion?

Please explain how having highly trained security as a line of defense for children-to-adult students and staff normalizes gun violence?

Wild at Heart
1 like

This is the logic that led to the atomic bomb and now we are stuck in this reality. This course of action will lead to planet killing weapons eventually.

0 likes

Quote by Magical_felix

This is the logic that led to the atomic bomb and now we are stuck in this reality. This course of action will lead to planet killing weapons eventually.

————————

“What” specifically is “the logic” you are referring to?

We have had the potential to destroy our planet with nuclear weapons for decades and haven’t done so.

Wild at Heart
0 likes

Quote by JustAMan

————————

“What” specifically is “the logic” you are referring to?

We have had the potential to destroy our planet with nuclear weapons for decades and haven’t done so.

The escalation of force amplifiers being a solution to problems. When force amplification is the solution to everything you get to the atomic bomb.

Just because it hasn't happened yet is the *insult removed by moderator* man's argument. It's like a guy running his mouth thinking he's so tough before someone eventually knocks him out. It's just bound to happen.

Nuclear war is bound to happen as society gets stupider, and stupider.

0 likes

Quote by JustAMan

———————

The Netherlands were invaded and lost at least twice in the past 400 years. I am fairly confident that had a good portion of its citizens been armed and trained to use those arms that history would’ve favored the Netherlands better.

Which countries came to the aid of the Netherlands to secure its freedom?

ManyUnited States citizens own, train with, and are willing to die for the right to do so because we refuse to let tyrants try to subjugate us, a free people. Legal access to guns in the USA is not at all easy.

The real issues in the USA are human psychological ones—suicide by guns is the primary (about 65%) cause of deaths by guns, with the remaining 35% being criminals with illegally obtained firearms. Mass shootings in the USA do not even account for half of 1% of firearm related deaths, but the would be tyrants in the world and our country blow this issue way out of proportion for political and power reasons.

LOL, being quite selective with Dutch history. Anyway, this is not about the Netherlands though, as we don't have gun issues on the scale the US has them.

You refer to a world war to make excuses for gun issues in contemporary US society. That alone shows just how bizar this train of thought is.

0 likes

Quote by Magical_felix

The escalation of force amplifiers being a solution to problems. When force amplification is the solution to everything you get to the atomic bomb.

Just because it hasn't happened yet is the *insult removed by moderator* man's argument. It's like a guy running his mouth thinking he's so tough before someone eventually knocks him out. It's just bound to happen.

Nuclear war is bound to happen as society gets stupider, and stupider.

——————-

The Think Tank is supposed to be for POSITIVE AND CONSTRUCTIVE conversations. Why do you resort to casting insults and hatred at me and others who have our own truths to share?

Please STOP responding to my original post?

0 likes

Quote by noll

LOL, being quite selective with Dutch history. Anyway, this is not about the Netherlands though, as we don't have gun issues on the scale the US has them.

You refer to a world war to make excuses for gun issues in contemporary US society. That alone shows just how bizar this train of thought is.

——————-

The Think Tank is supposed to be for POSITIVE AND CONSTRUCTIVE conversations. Why do you resort to casting insults and hatred at me and others who have our own truths to share?

Wild at Heart
0 likes

Quote by JustAMan

——————-

lol what 🤣🤣🤣

0 likes

Quote by JustAMan

——————-

Where does it say that about the Think Tank? The pinned post outlining the Think Tank rules actually starts with "This forum is likely to get heated in places, if you have a problem with threads that could easily cause offence, then please visit the other forums instead."

So if you don't want others to respond to your posts here, then don't post here. It's quite simple actually. If you can't handle critical feedback then I suggest you'll post in the Spa from now on. That's totally fine.

Look, what you find insulting is up to you, but your claim of me casting hatred at you makes no sense and is simply not true. You share your truth, as you say. Well, I share mine.

0 likes

Quote by JustAMan

———————

Seriously, if our country is so fucked, why live in it? You must have a better one in mind from which to make such a statement.

First of all, this is ignorant on so many levels. Seriously, who brings this level of vitriol to the "Positive and constructive arguments" for which you're currently advocating? Second of all, you say this as if I choose to live here, and assuming I have the resources/ability to relocate, hence this being such an ignorant post. I can live in a fucked country and still opine that it's fucked, because this country is fucked.

Quote by JustAMan

The real problem is NOT guns, it’s behavior and it’s mostly suicides (Please see my comments directly above?). If you stated that adding more “illegal” guns doesn’t help, I would totally agree.

This is the same outdated and debunked, tired ass dialogue we hear every time someone wants to dance around the issue of guns, and escape all related accountability. You want "constructive" dialogue, start with something with substance.

Quote by JustAMan

What purpose is served by putting others down when they have the same right to a different opinion? I though the Think Tank is here for constructive and positive discussion?

I don't need you trying to recite the rules of the Think Tank to me...I've been enforcing them since before mass shootings were a daily occurrence in the U.S.

The description of the Think Tank has never used subjective terms like "positive" or "constructive." It's here for people to get their debating rocks off. Positive and constructive is in the eye of the beholder. To you, it seems to be anyone who is able to withhold their disgust and shock at terrible approaches to dealing with mass shootings in the U.S.

Pro-tip: The Think Tank wasn't designed to be an echo chamber. It's specifically for heated conversations. This means that sometimes people might tell you how ignorant and unhelpful your opinions/beliefs are. If you want to disguise ignorant and dated talking points as some sort of prolific dialogue, and you want to do so unopposed, try The Spa.

Quote by JustAMan

Please explain how having highly trained security as a line of defense for children-to-adult students and staff normalizes gun violence?

Sure thing. Responding to mass shootings as the result of a gun issue with armed and "highly trained" security means that we've accepted the inevitability of mass shootings at schools. And instead of dealing with the gun issue, we've chosen to treat the symptom instead of using legislature that would significantly reduce and potentially eliminate mass shootings. "Yeah Timmy, ignore those people with guns strapped to their backs and focus on your education. They're here to make you feel safe and protect you with return-fire from other people who will come in with guns to kill you."

The cognitive dissonance of you even asking a question like this borders on astounding.

0 likes

Quote by JustAMan

——————-

Are you serious? You don't get to create a thread and then ask people to stop responding because you don't like the responses.

You don't get to decide who responds to your posts in a public forum. Feel free to block people to cultivate the forum experience you'd like to have, but outright asking people to stop responding to you, as an adult in the Think Tank no less, is pretty ridiculous.

Constant Gardener
0 likes

Worst idea in the history of ideas, ever voiced.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
0 likes

Quote by Dani

Are you serious? You don't get to create a thread and then ask people to stop responding because you don't like the responses.

You don't get to decide who responds to your posts in a public forum. Feel free to block people to cultivate the forum experience you'd like to have, but outright asking people to stop responding to you, as an adult in the Think Tank no less, is pretty damn ridiculous.

Quote by noll

Where does it say that about the Think Tank? The pinned post outlining the Think Tank rules actually starts with "This forum is likely to get heated in places, if you have a problem with threads that could easily cause offence, then please visit the other forums instead."

So if you don't want others to respond to your posts here, then don't post here. It's quite simple actually. If you can't handle critical feedback then I suggest you'll post in the Spa from now on. That's totally fine.

Look, what you find insulting is up to you, but your claim of me casting hatred at you makes no sense and is simply not true. You share your truth, as you say. Well, I share mine.

Please review Lush Policies?

0 likes

Quote by JustAMan

Please review Lush Policies?

No policies have been violated in the Think Tank. In the event that they are, a moderator will take action.

Kindly stop derailing your own thread with inaccuracies related to Lush policies, or more generally speaking, unnecessary commentary on how you believe others should engage in debate/conversation with you. Please and thank you.

Threads that veer too far off topic run the risk of being locked or removed.

Rainbow Warrior
3 likes

You've all missed the real motivation for this cynical plan which even the GOP knows won't work to protect children. It's to have an excuse... ANY excuse to protect the rich from tax enforcement, so they can continue to cheat with impunity. Take money from the IRS, so they can only scrutinize the simple returns of the middle class.

Her Royal Spriteness
2 likes

Quote by JustAMan

———————

Gun control in criminal’s hands will always be a problem, but amongst law abiding citizens, gun control is not a/the problem.

tell that to the recent bunch of kids getting shot for accidentally visiting the wrong house - yep, all shot by "law abiding citizens" - ringing the wrong doorbell is now punishable by death.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
1 like

Quote by Dani

LOL.

growing up in Oakland, we kids just armed ourselves. seems to have worked pretty well. screw your pacifistic ways. i'm all about the violence, baby. #thug4life

seriously, tho I have a carry conceal permit now. and a hand gun. i have yet to take it anywhere besides the shooting range. the reality is that, yes, i would love to see the gun issue solved but it's not going to be. not in my life time, not in the lifetime of anyone currently alive, i'd guess. my optimistic side says we should continue working at it - thing is, we've worked and worked at doing what we could to change things and the result is nothing has changed (unless you count the occasional death threat that we sometimes get - that's new).

it's got to change from the top and it's such a hot button issue that few politicians are willing and/or able to make changes. everytime something occurs there's lots of thoughts and prayers, but that's about the extent of it. sadly, the only solution seems to be for those of us for stricter common sense laws to jump on the band wagon and arm ourselves to the teeth.

yes, i agree, the solution is NOT more guns. that said, the reality is that there really is no real movement for an actual solution.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Advanced Wordsmith
5 likes

What sort of country do you live in that you have to have armed security guards to protect children at schools? What a fucked up country !

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by robjw

What sort of country do you live in that you have to have armed security guards to protect children at schools? What a fucked up country !

The US, and notice i'm not disagreeing with you.

1 like

Quote by Chryses

Schools in DOD facilities, foreign or domestic, are among the last locations in need of training and arming their staff. The on-base personnel, military and civilian, are already well-versed in the discipline required for maintaining orderly and safe school environments, and their children are brought up with that discipline as normal.

Unidentified, armed intruders seldom get past the entrance gate(s).

No need indeed, because they're probably also in countries that have way stricter gun laws.

The Linebacker
0 likes

Unfortunately, armed police guards are becoming a necessity in the USA.

0 likes

Quote by Chryses

That depends upon the agreement the US secured with the host country. If it is a treaty, the treaty supersedes local law. Ref here diplomatic immunity.

There would still be hardly any guns around because they have stricter gun laws.