last reply
187 replies
10.1k views
2 watchers
17 likes
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by Magical_felix

You leave young ironic alone, he’s a venerable young boy and you better not try to wrap him up in your nationalist bullshit.

please stick to the topic. thanks.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Constant Gardener
1 like

Quote by Ironic

It'll take a while to fix those problems. Gov. Newsom has a lot of work to do before California regains the seats in the US House it lost.

What are you blathering on about now?

California lost 1 congressional seat - and that's due to a slow growth in population (determined by the 2020 census).

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/2021-04-California-House-Seat-Census-Population-16133275.php

https://apnews.com/article/census-2020-government-and-politics-california-dd4a4f3ce3070231b0aecdc1cac3e97b

California's current congressional delegation in the 118th Congress consists of its two senators, both of whom are Democrats, and its 52 representatives: 40 Democrats and 12 Republicans.

California has not had a statewide Republican officer since January 2011. Republicans were last elected to a statewide office in 2006, when Arnold Schwarzenegger was re-elected as governor and Steve Poizner was elected insurance commissioner.

Newsome's a governor of an extremely blue state, not in any immediate danger of being over run by GQP.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Wild at Heart
0 likes

Quote by WellMadeMale

What are you blathering on about now?

California lost 1 congressional seat - and that's due to a slow growth in population (determined by the 2020 census).

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/2021-04-California-House-Seat-Census-Population-16133275.php

https://apnews.com/article/census-2020-government-and-politics-california-dd4a4f3ce3070231b0aecdc1cac3e97b

California's current congressional delegation in the 118th Congress consists of its two senators, both of whom are Democrats, and its 52 representatives: 40 Democrats and 12 Republicans.

California has not had a statewide Republican officer since January 2011. Republicans were last elected to a statewide office in 2006, when Arnold Schwarzenegger was re-elected as governor and Steve Poizner was elected insurance commissioner.

Newsome's a governor of an extremely blue state, not in any immediate danger of being over run by GQP.

Not to mention that a lot of Californians, myself included, wouldn't mind losing another seat if it means a lot of the people who moved here from other states would leave. The ones leaving now never had what it takes to make it here and they really should go back to the midwest, south and the east coast.

The Europeans, North/South Americans, Asians and pretty much anyone on a visa, I would like you to stay though.

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes

Quote by Ironic

With the increased emigration to other states, it's not likely to remain the same.

Things that are attractive to tourists can be entirely different from the things that are attractive to inhabitants.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by ElCoco

Just when you think the US can’t get crazier, you come across this 50 seconds of public comment before the SF Board of Supervisors on Tuesday

This is one of the most eloquent and powerful speeches I’ve ever heard. pic.twitter.com/ANIefLbTui

— Titania McGrath (@TitaniaMcGrath) May 4, 2023

It might be hard to tell if this is a crazy, whacked-out weirdo or a “regular” citizen having a Howard Beale moment at how the city’s government has let the place go to hell. My guess is it’s just another SF weirdo.

or it could be someone who is emotionally unstable or has mental issues or has just hit their limit on what they can deal with and needed to respond/be heard. i don't think using the term 'just another SF weirdo' is appropriate. i am sure that every city has people who might act/react similarly.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
1 like

Quote by ElCoco
ot

It could be, but until you give me some reason to believe you, "weirdo" is appropriate.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/weirdo An odd, eccentric person. People who scream and shout out their hatred of others are odd and eccentric.

Other cities have weirdos too, but SF has its share and then some, IMHO.

not really interested in making a case for you believing me or not. you either or you don't. not going to lose any sleep over either choice. smile that all said, most people use 'weirdo' in the derogatory sense, despite the actual meaning according to the dictionary - and, as you can see from Chrysis "fruitcake" comment below, he gleaned the same impression as i did. t

as for your comment that SF has more than it's share, unless you have actually spent time there, i have to assume you're making an assumption not based on actual experience - which is fine, we all do that to an extent. just thought i'd point that out.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by ElCoco

Thanks for sharing your opinions and your assumptions. smile

that is the whole point of the think tank. if you want to go all passive-aggressive and snarky and come off as an asshole, at least keep it on topic.

The Linebacker
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

You are mistaken.
While others may not agree, given that bizarre, anti-social behavior, I think ‘weirdo’ is an entirely apt description of that “speaker”. I proposed the alternative ‘fruitcake’ so the delicate sensibilities of the easily offended might remain undisturbed.

I went, in September of last year, to the West Coast, and while there I saw the destruction wrought by years of local mismanagement on what was once a very pleasant city. I saw many weirdos/fruitcakes there, although, doubtless, some will think them icons of normalcy.
Governor Newsom has much work to do.

No, she is NOT mistaken. Your POV/opinion is different from hers. Her opinion being different from your is not a mistake.

So, in YOUR opinion what is a weirdo/fruitcake? Asking because you said you saw many.

The Linebacker
0 likes

Chryses, you said nothing of meaning. And failed to answer the question.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

I accept you still do not understand the mistake sprite made.

what mistake? for the record, i don't like the use of either "weirdo" or "fruitcake" to describe people when the only information you have to work with is a 30 second clip posted online. IMO it veers very close to calling someone a "retard" which i am obviously not a fan of. so, again, what mistake did i make, so i can defend myself?

0 likes

Quote by Chryses

You need like nothing I post.

… chuckling … , this is simply not your most popular account Chryses. You gotta live with that.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

You mistakenly inferred that you and I agreed about the use of the term 'weirdo,' "... as you can see from Chrysis [sic] "fruitcake" comment below, he gleaned the same impression as i did." That mistake.

You need like nothing I post.

I think those who address others in a public forum by screaming and screaming their hate qualify for many descriptions, "weirdo" and "fruitcake" being on that list.

Back to you.

ok - sorry i thought you might have actually said something with a tinge of empathy attached to it. what the hell was i thinking? cool. i can go back to pretending you don't exist anymore. at least on this account.

The Linebacker
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

I accept you still do not understand the mistake sprite made.

I accept that you refuse to answer the question. As it requires details that expose more about your character, or the guise this particular account of yours generates.

The Linebacker
0 likes

And once again, Chryses, you've avoided answering the question.

Now, regarding your statement on weirdos and fruitcakes, do you qualify the January 6th Pro-Trumpers who screamed their hatred and violently assaulted The White House as weirdos and fruitcakes?

Yes or No

Constant Gardener
0 likes

Those were simply disgruntled tourists, with way too many BLM and Antifa instigators. All but the tourists were instigating.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

In case you were unaware, the building attacked in the January 6 United States Capitol attack was the United States Capitol, not the White House.

True.

Now, regarding your statement on weirdos and fruitcakes, do you qualify the January 6th Pro-Trumpers who screamed their hatred and violently assaulted the United States Capitol as weirdos and fruitcakes?

Wild at Heart
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

I expected you to be aware the Capitol was attacked and not the White House. I hope Buzz is now too.

Given my opinion that the individual providing public comment (using the form of screams and hate rants instead of coherent speech) in San Francisco is a weirdo, and your inquiry of my opinion about the ‘weirdoness’ or ‘fruitcakness’ (or lack thereof) of the January 6 rioters, permit me to provide some backstory from an authoroty with unimpeachable credentials

Comparing the behavior of that individual “speaking” alone to provide public comment to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors to the behavior of the rioters, influenced by mob psychology, is, I believe, comparing apples to oranges.

What do you call an old guy who pretends to be a woman online?

Wild at Heart
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

Felix

What about an old dude who pretends to be a business lady named Penny?

0 likes

Quote by Chryses

I expected you to be aware the Capitol was attacked and not the White House. I hope Buzz is now too.

Given my opinion that the individual providing public comment (using the form of screams and hate rants instead of coherent speech) in San Francisco is a weirdo, and your inquiry of my opinion about the ‘weirdoness’ or ‘fruitcakness’ (or lack thereof) of the January 6 rioters, permit me to provide some backstory from an authoroty with unimpeachable credentials.

Comparing the behavior of that individual “speaking” alone to provide public comment to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors to the behavior of the rioters, influenced by mob psychology, is, I believe, comparing apples to oranges.

Again you used a lot of text to say nothing.

The question was whether you qualify the January 6th Pro-Trumpers who screamed their hatred and violently assaulted the United States Capitol as weirdos and fruitcakes? Yes or no will do.

0 likes

Quote by Chryses

It works for you.

Apparently not.

0 likes

Quote by Chryses

Better luck next time, but avoid trying to get me to compare apples to oranges, or the behavior of an individual to that of a mob.

No one did. I surely never even mentioned the individual you refer to. I, and Buz before me, referred to your statement about who you consider weirdos and fruitcakes ('I think those who address others in a public forum by screaming and screaming their hate qualify for many descriptions, "weirdo" and "fruitcake" being on that list.', with 'those' making it a general statement).
But you've never been forthcoming when being asked for your opinion about something specific, so no surprise here.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

... chuckling ... And his and your comments came about after his frustrated complaint about my opinion of the appropriateness of the term 'weirdo' for that individual.

Please comment on the topic rather than just ramble on in circles. Thanks. I'm very close to going in and cleaning up all your comments that don't actually add to the dialogue.

The Linebacker
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

... chuckling ... And his and your comments came about after his frustrated complaint about my opinion of the appropriateness of the term 'weirdo' for that individual.

Chryses, you avoid revealing answers with your cop out 'chuckling' silly comment. Try actually contributing to the topic. And when calling people weirdos and such? Why not explain your thinking? Is it prejudice?

The Linebacker
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

We can discuss this offline if you wish, but as that is off-topic, I will not respond here.

Like, in California? Now I'm 'chuckling'.

I knew you wouldn't respond here.

The Linebacker
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

Sorry to disappoint you again, but until you get public permission for me to respond to your off-topic questions in these public forums, you, like Felix, will have to express your curiosity some other way to get a response.

Oh, l am not at all dissapointed in you not having balls to answer the question.

But go ahead and 'chuckle'.

I'm laughing all the way to California.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

Some dreams have become nightmares.

the thing is, this kind of thing happens in a lot of other states too - the violence towards women - the difference is that Californians speak up against it while others just let it continue unabated.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

Residential homeowners in San Francisco have lost $260 billion in value on their homes as home sales prices there have fallen 17%, while nationwide home prices have fallen by only about 3%.

San Francisco’s housing price decline reflects the fact that the city has lost more than 65,000 residents, roughly 7.5% of its population. San Francisco’s population loss has been the largest among all major cities in recent years.

Departing San Franciscans have on average,represented households of very high income. Between 2019 and 2021, San Francisco lost nearly $15 billion of household income, even after accounting for
those who moved into the city. Taxpayers who filed 2019 tax returns from San Francisco and 2021 returns from a new location reported an average annual adjusted gross income (AGI) to the IRS of nearly $196,000 per household.

they needed to come down. home prices in SF were out of control and unstainable, which also explains the huge population loss. no one could afford to live there.

0 likes

Quote by Chryses

Residential homeowners in San Francisco have lost $260 billion in value on their homes as home sales prices there have fallen 17%, while nationwide home prices have fallen by only about 3%.

San Francisco’s housing price decline reflects the fact that the city has lost more than 65,000 residents, roughly 7.5% of its population. San Francisco’s population loss has been the largest among all major cities in recent years.

Departing San Franciscans have on average,represented households of very high income. Between 2019 and 2021, San Francisco lost nearly $15 billion of household income, even after accounting for
those who moved into the city. Taxpayers who filed 2019 tax returns from San Francisco and 2021 returns from a new location reported an average annual adjusted gross income (AGI) to the IRS of nearly $196,000 per household.

More people will be able to afford a house. A good thing in my mind.

Wild at Heart
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

Chryses discovering what a bubble is... Tell us about the bubble going on in Podunk, Shitsville or other such places lol

Seriously though, now look up what is happening to home values in the Bay Area outside of SF. My home has more than doubled in the last 10 years.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by Chryses

Yet another reason for the State to assume control of a failed local political experiment.

We're talking California, dude, not Texas or Florida.