Who's Giving Back?

last reply
35 replies
4.5k views
1 watcher
1 like
Simple Scribbler
0 likes

If financially giving, I prefer to witness what my money does, so I mostly give just within my community.

0 likes

I've been giving my time this yr.

Been helping adults sign up for Medicare, become citizens and assist them w/ anything having to do w/ Social Security. I no longer give/donate money to anything.

Resident Otaku
0 likes

I give a regular amount monthly to my local children's hospice. My son is under them, but they also provided care to a friend's 4 year old in his last few days 😔 I also give to Duchenne charities because that is the condition my sons have. I've done fun runs, raffles and organised a local music event.

Previously I used to help out the cub scouts, which was entirely voluntary but due to being an atheist I was made to feel unwelcome a year in by one of the other leaders. Really enjoyed it, but with my ill physical health I didn't look for another group to join. I was a Brownie and a Girl guide growing up so helping others as much as I can has been ingrained in me.

I'm now a full-time carer for both of my boys with Duchenne. One uses a powerchair and needs help with everything so I don't have time for voluntary work now.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

I contribute to a number of local environmental organizations for specific project needs. I don't support any that send me a calendar or tote bag. I am also an anonymous patron to a small, ongoing group of female natural science and fine arts students whose work I admire. Miss Pixel always gives a nice check to the county feline rescue clinic.

0 likes

Southern Poverty Law Center,Convoy of Hope,Doctors without Borders ,OPB,Portland Gospel Mission.Oregon Food Bank.I'm not rich and I'm not poor either But I give as much as I can when I can.There are a lot of people in desperate conditions that need a helping hand