last reply
82 replies
8.0k views
1 watcher
15 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Burquette
Love means caring about another person's well-being more than you care about your own. It doesn't matter if it's a love of God, a spouse, a child or a friend. That's my opinion, anyway.

Exactly this, and trust.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Verbal
I was JUST discussing with my daughter the idea of unconditional love (she has her first official date this weekend for Homecoming!) and tried to drive home that while parental love is unconditional, romantic love should ALWAYS be conditional - if he treats you poorly, if you give way more to the relationship than he does, get out! It was, to be honest, more a lecture than a discussion.

Personally, I think it is a pooling of your lives together, so that the other person's desires and needs become the same as your own, and carry equal importance. There is a lot of beautiful synchronicity involved, where your lives simply intertwine naturally because you recognize some deep connection with each other.

But there is hard work involved too, because there are going to be disagreements, and misunderstandings. Love itself isn't enough. Love doesn't conquer shit. You have to have the commitment and patience to work things out when it's not all flowers and sunshine. That's when the work of truly understanding each other begins, compromising in those areas where you disagree, and not only accepting but embracing and celebrating the uniqueness of the one you love.

Well said. Your daughter is fortunate you fell in love with the other parent ; )

-I’ve got a neice. When that came to be I consciously gave that Unconditional Love thing a very welcome opportunity. The intent being that I’m not gonna get back what I might traditionally want (or even expect) out of such an approach but I don’t give a shit. I don’t have the right to expect anything from her so I’m not gonna. I’m just gonna Give. How refreshing.

Oddly, I ended up receiving far more than I had through the “barter” approach with others. Weird.

So naturally I then thought a lot about, ‘Well how do I incorporate some of this Unconditional approach to my wooing? How do I use this in terms of Romancing another? Oughta help me be a lot less of an asshole.’

But the answer is: you can’t.

It IS a barter system. You’ve got to work out the kinks enough through that process to where you ultimately decide, “Okay. I’m With this. And so are you? Let’s put a ring on it then”. At which point, as you indicated, you need to be ALL in there - having now made the commitment - and Love your partner with all you’ve got and then some, patiently and with eternity in mind (not to mention new little lives in the mix).

When the compromise does not occur? Then the both of you are not in Love enough - equally.

And that’s when you begin to thank and appreciate your own hand in a more appreciable and committed manner...
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Love is a verb.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Active Ink Slinger
1 like
Love is complex.

Currently, it’s inconvenient and anxiety inducing. But it can change your entire outlook on the world. It can lift you and just make the world a nicer place.

In the past, it’s nearly destroyed me.

Learning to love yourself is the hardest, but most valuable thing you’ll ever do
Don’t tempt the lonely and perverse
Voice Actived Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Burquette
Love means caring about another person's well-being more than you care about your own. It doesn't matter if it's a love of God, a spouse, a child or a friend. That's my opinion, anyway.
I believe you summed up Love exactly.. It touches you emotionally when someone you love is touched negatively, like being hurt or in pain. You feel that thier negatives should be bourne by you..
Active Ink Slinger
1 like
It means a lot more today than it did 50 years ago. I love her more deeply and in so many ways.
Saucy Little Minx ♥️
2 likes
Love is the absence of judgement

When you can’t experience anything without wishing the other person was there to see it, too.”
~Kauai Hart Hemmings
Sexy Seductive Siren
1 like
Honesty, Commitment are two words that jump to mind. Bria said you can be open if you're secure in the commitment.
Meagan
1 like

Someone that I can look past flaws for. Someone that can do the same for me. Kindness, intrigue, curiosity and tenderness in a person.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

To me, love is synonymous with acceptance.

It means that we accept a person, situation, task, or object just the way it is, and engage with it on its terms. I think it's the key to happiness in life. And when everybody does it, everybody gets acceptance of their terms. That is the bit people hesitate to trust others with, because it can go wrong.

So daring to love is a risk in this world, implying that those who decide to love must have courage.

1 like

Love is work and commitment. I dont think most people are unselfish enough to really accept one another and do that work. I am a definte ex romantic turned cynic. I have loved and received love. I consider myself lucky in that way. At this point I wouldnt accept anything less. Its hard to find people who dont view as disposable to some extent. Im too soft emotionally and too tired to pursue it again.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Love is respect, its caring, its wanting the best for that person and doing everything you can to help them succeed. It's wanting nothing but good things for someone else.

Its being able to be vulnerable with each other and knowing that you are safe. It's also the willingness to be challenged and understanding a different point of view. Sometimes that's agreeing to disagree.

It's being able and willing to communicate your thoughts and feelings, and knowing that sometimes you just need to stop and regroup.

It's wanting to make that person smile every day, and knowing that while things aren't always sunshine and rainbows, you aren't weathering it alone. That they are your priority. That they aren't second best. Making sure that every day they know you choose them.

But it's also just being able to enjoy someone's else company when doing nothing at all, it's making each other laugh.

It is a deep connection that I don't think you can ever describe in a way that truly does it justice.

Amateur Muse, Professional Lover
2 likes

What is love? Being able to explain my feelings in a single look at him.

This is my collection of muses and stories. Stories of note include:

Little Bird - A true story of submission and dominance set in Paris between an older couple and their younger lover.

Le Weekend - Six lives intertwined during one weekend create events that change their lives forever.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Love is a worship, an offering for something they give you.

Easily amused
2 likes

Seeing the world through two sets of eyes

Tintinnabulation - first place (Free Spirit)
Comet Q - second place (Quick and Risqué Sex)
Amnesia - third place (Le Noir Erotique)

1 like

Making me laugh and cry. Wanting and needing MY body above all others. Being my partner in crime and wine. My friend my lover my muse.

0 likes

Above and beyond anything—unconditional commitment and priority to another/others above and beyond your care and love of self.