Login

Something positive you learned from 2020

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
0 likes
I see theres a thread about what the worst thing about last year was and I think that's how wrong spirit to approach things with. Life is all about change, sometimes good and sometimes bad, sometimes pleasant and sometimes ghastly.

What did we really learn or gain from the previous year and the changes it brought to our lives?
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not to take anything for granted. Even little things became important in 2020.
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
0 likes
For me I learned several things I didn't know before hand.

1. That I was spending time, energy and money on things I didn't need and didn't make me any happier.
Since they've been removed I have more time for the things that really do make me happy.

2.I learned that the things that do you the most good need a little effort to achieve.
I've learned I can actually write and I enjoy the process a heck of a lot.
For someone who started out trying to convert the process of writing role playing scenarios to creating short stories, it's been a heck of a learning curve.
I was so broken hearted by my first rejection far more then I expected I would be.
I didn't run away, I knuckled down, kept trying and these days I dont need quite as many attempts to get over the fences these days.

3. That there are people out there that dont know us from Eve but who really do want us to achieve the goals we set for ourselves

By this I refer to our esteemed modsquad who answer questions, encourage you to be a better writer and slowly nudge us to getting to where we feel we've achieved something.
Factor in he never ending story queue, keeping an eye on the chat rooms, patrolling the forums and maintaining the servers.
I'm amazed and astonished they're as sane and helpful as they are. Genuinely.

4. That stretch goals can be amazing.
My goal for last year was to get a single story published, just the one. I got 2 completed and a clutch of poems too.
The fact I threw my hat into a competition and didn't get bounced right away.
I'm gobsmacked.
Feels like I ran a race, I didn't win the gold medal but I showed that race who was boss and trampled it under foot.

5.That if you're willing to connect with people, sometimes people connect back.
Isn't that one of the treasures of life.
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Lurker
0 likes
Besides hording toilet paper was that the loss of spontaneous intimacy was crushing
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
People really do come together to help those hit the worst. The volunteering to make and deliver meals and goodies at our church was never this high before 2020