Presidential Tweets

last reply
37 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Forum Kan-Guru
0 likes
One thing I don't understand about this whole 'scandal' is... hasn't he already deleted other tweets? For example, when 'covfefe' happened, everyone was surprised that that tweet stayed up on his account for hours before being deleted. Is the difference that people were too busy making covfefe jokes to care?
Convict
0 likes
Quote by noll

OK. Not sure what that has to do with my post though.

Seriously? You said The Spa is a safe place for Trump followers, when commenting on me starting the thread in here.

Quote by PhilU
One thing I don't understand about this whole 'scandal' is... hasn't he already deleted other tweets? For example, when 'covfefe' happened, everyone was surprised that that tweet stayed up on his account for hours before being deleted. Is the difference that people were too busy making covfefe jokes to care?

It was only one word, and not even a real word. Hardly something For anyone to get their knickers on a twist over.
0 likes
Quote by PhilU

liz once suggested i change my name to browncovfefe. thoughts?
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee

liz once suggested i change my name to browncovfefe. thoughts?

I think it would be ok, once you get clarification on what covfefe is.
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by trinket
Seriously? You said The Spa is a safe place for Trump followers, when commenting on me starting the thread in here.

Seriously. I didn't comment on you, nor on this thread as a whole. I commented on a specific post by principessa in which I said that I thought that the Spa was supposed to be a safe space for all, including Trump supporters.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Convict
0 likes
Quote by noll

Seriously. I didn't comment on you, nor on this thread as a whole. I commented on a specific post by principessa in which I said that I thought that the Spa was supposed to be a safe space for all, including Trump supporters.

Thanks for clarifying. And yes, Trump supporters would be included in "all". There isn't any need to not include them is there?
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by PhilU

I agree and had said as much, but that was deleted or edited (or both). The law Trinket was referring to is pre-social media days and maybe needs to be updated to address this either way.
Convict
0 likes
Quote by PhilU

Quote by NymphWriter

I agree and had said as much, but that was deleted or edited (or both). The law Trinket was referring to is pre-social media days and maybe needs to be updated to address this either way.

For the purpose of this thread, Does it really matter if he's deleted tweets prior to these? As for "covfefe", why would anyone complain about that being deleted? The tweets he deleted were a record of his political support for someone. Cofveve was not.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by trinket
For the purpose of this thread, Does it really matter if he's deleted tweets prior to these? As for "covfefe", why would anyone complain about that being deleted? The tweets he deleted were a record of his political support for someone. Cofveve was not.

My point was simply that the law you referenced needs to be tweaked or adjusted to address exactly what you brought up especially since it was written pre-social media. This way it's clear if a sitting president can delete tweets that have typos, misspellings, or for whatever reason a person chooses to delete their tweets... "covfefe" is just an easy example to reference... that's all.
Forum Kan-Guru
0 likes
Quote by trinket

Yeah, but who gets to decide which tweets are worth keeping and which are not? And if we draw the line at "actually making sense", then how much of Trump's correspondence would be worth keeping at all??
Convict
0 likes
Quote by PhilU

Yeah, but who gets to decide which tweets are worth keeping and which are not? And if we draw the line at "actually making sense", then how much of Trump's correspondence would be worth keeping at all??

My original post said I thought he'd crossed a line by deleting any of them. While it doesn't specify internet/social media posts of any type, I believe the existing law covers it. I don't think he should be allowed to delete anything at all. You and nymphwriter brought up the cofveve tweet so I commented on it.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by trinket

Thanks for clarifying. And yes, Trump supporters would be included in "all". There isn't any need to not include them is there?

No, that's why I said what I said ;)

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by trinket
Quote by PhilU

My original post said I thought he'd crossed a line by deleting any of them. While it doesn't specify internet/social media posts of any type, I believe the existing law covers it. I don't think he should be allowed to delete anything at all. You and nymphwriter brought up the cofveve tweet so I commented on it.

This is why I said the law you mentioned needs to be updated to address the internet and social media posts so if a sitting president posts something and then deletes it for whatever reason, there is a clear understanding of if this is allowed or not. Then it's clear if as you said Trump or any future president crosses a line by deleting things like tweets over typos or other nonsense.
Forum Kan-Guru
0 likes
Quote by trinket

Ah, yes, you did indeed say that. I wasn't really meaning to be critical of your post - I was more thinking of the media that didn't seem to kick up much of a fuss about him deleting other tweets. But yes, the law would seem to cover all his tweets, so either the law should be modified a little. Or, perhaps he could think for a moment before each tweet - "is this something I might want to delete later?" And then maybe spend less time shooting his mouth off and more time, I don't know, running the country or something like that?