President George H. W. Bush

last reply
4 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
The Linebacker
0 likes
President George H. W. Bush has passed away. Presidents Carter, Clinton, Obama, and of course, George W. Bush, with their wives will attend the state funeral. All have submitted glowing statements on his life.

I am sure all the ex-presidents will say more great things but do worry that current president Trump may say something rude and embarrassing to our nation. Hopefully not.

George H. W. Bush and his wife, Laura, were great benefactors to Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta, part of the historically African-American university/college system in central Atlanta.

After their presidencies, Pres. Bush and Pres. Clinton, who ran against each other for president, became very close friends.

In a bit of a funny note, Bush, a lifelong Republican, voted for Hillary Clinton for president, not Trump.

I got to meet President George H. W. Bush in person and it was a great experience.
0 likes
Bush was actually not a bad President for a one-termer. I wouldn't have voted for him on a number of grounds, but he was at least worthy of respect, unlike 45. Brian Mulroney, who was Prime Minister of my country during the Bush years, spoke at the funeral today. The longstanding friendship between Mulroney and Bushes speaks volumes about the state of Canada-US relations back then (when the original FTA and NAFTA were negotiated) versus today. Trudeau and Trump barely speak to each other, let alone take vacations together (to be fair, I and other Canadians were a bit nervous about that closeness and would prefer something somewhere in between the two extremes).
The Linebacker
0 likes
I have to say and am a bit surprised, Trump has been on excellent behavior at the state funeral for President George H. W. Bush. Presidents Carter, Clinton, younger Bush, and Obama, with their wives were all together, and Trump behaved with class. Thank goodness.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Buz
I have to say and am a bit surprised, Trump has been on excellent behavior at the state funeral for President George H. W. Bush. Presidents Carter, Clinton, younger Bush, and Obama, with their wives were all together, and Trump behaved with class. Thank goodness.

Medication works wonderd
Lurker
0 likes
R.I.P President Bush
Lurker
0 likes
The information you share is broad knowledge and should be read by people to open their eyes. I am very grateful for that. time calculator