last reply
89 replies
7.3k views
0 watchers
8 likes
Sexy Seductive Siren
1 like
Quote by CKC

So True, Now the very people who don't want the shots want me to mask up again while blaming conservatives for being the problem. Not going to happen …

I'm not wearing a mask to protect their stupidity, Be they Conservative or Liberal… Stupid is stupid..
Meagan
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Quote by dirtriderco
Both sides need to stop politicizing Covid. Period.

Easier said than done when you have people like this pastor politicizing their congregations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/07/27/tennessee-pastor-greg-locke-masks/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F343f5bf%2F61002cd09d2fda945a1af267%2F596bcae5ae7e8a44e7dda785%2F32%2F72%2F61002cd09d2fda945a1af267

"Since the early months of the coronavirus pandemic, Greg Locke, the pastor at a Nashville-area church, has repeatedly called covid a hoax, undermined emergency mandates and refused to comply with guidance from public health officials.

This week, Locke took his defiance a step further, making a sharp warning regarding mask-wearing.

If “you start showing up [with] all these masks and all this nonsense, I will ask you to leave,” Locke, 45, told scores of Global Vision Bible Church parishioners during his sermon on Sunday. His statement was followed by cheers and applause.

“I am not playing these Democrat games up in this church,” he added."
Meagan
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
1 like
Quote by HeraTeleia
Noll, sorry for the delay in response. I believe the wait is at least 15 minutes at all vaccination locations, no matter the vaccine, and I know that some providers require up to 45 minutes of observed wait time. I didn't see in my post where I mentioned an hour long observed wait, but that's neither here nor there. The observed wait time varies.

It's kind of like Gardasil 9, the HPV vaccine (and, incidentally, the only vaccine ever to hit 100% coverage, meaning it "takes" in everyone). For whatever reason, it can cause dizziness, lightheadedness and syncope. Patients are vaccinated, given apple juice and observed for at least 15 minutes). Anecdotally, in the case of vaccinations of my two older sons--no problems. Hopped off the exam table and strolled out every time. The youngest, though, did have syncope (fainting) with a controlled fall. I believe it was his third dose--like his brothers, he'd tolerated the first two doses fine.

With both their first and second doses of the Pfizer vaccine, they were given Quaker Soft and Chewy granola bars, sliced apple (prepacked) and apple juice. Both were fine, and they pocketed everything but the apple juice.

The message is this: If you have an egg allergy or a history with issues with vaccines, discuss this with your provider--I don't know that the "traditional" vector vaccines, the Janssen product and the Oxford/AstraZeneca product, are produced using chicken eggs, but I'd guess that they are produced in that manner. Otherwise, if you have the option, go for the Pfizer or Moderna mRNA products. And yes, the second dose of Moderna will kick your ass.

This isn't a reaction--it's that the Moderna product is essentially the actual virus, with a lipid coating. Pfizer removed/modified substantial chunks of the RNA of the virus; Moderna, to my understanding, removed/modifed only a very small amount of the virus. So when you receive the second dose, your body, having produced B- and T-cells (as opposed to antibodies, with the vector vaccines) that are specific to the SARS2-nCoV-19 virus, sees the second Moderna dose as the real virus and your immune system goes into full elephant-on-meth on the "virus." Which is a good thing.

However, in some individuals (including myself and perhaps 10 other nurses I work with), because the immune system thinks it is fighting off the real thing, causes your body to slow or stop production of anything "normal" , like red and white blood cells and instead starts producing "killer" T-cells as fast as possible. "Killer" T-cells are specific to the virus, and they are produced in the long bones, same as "normal" blood cells. In my case, since "killer" T-cells are produced over about seven days, almost to the hour, and in those long bones and ribs, not only did my upper arms (humeri), ribs and femurs hurt, literally bursting with "killer" T-cells, but I had very bizarre delayed fatigue. As in, I fell asleep the Friday morning a week after receiving the second vaccine--and didn't wake up for something like 26 hours.

This same thing happened, again in least 10 of my colleagues, and the bizarre sameness for all of us was that when we woke up, our bedding was totally undisturbed, as if we hadn't moved at all while asleep. The immune system essentially decides that nope, don't need higher cognition, we need to kill this fucker, and thus the sleep and the ensuing 24-48 hours of feeling like I was walking in Jello.

Again, this is a good thing, but yah, be prepared.

Only saw your reply just now. In your previous post you stated "The latter is why you now have to sit and be observed for up to an hour after receiving either of the two primary vaccines in current use." That's where I got the hour from.

I wasn't aware Moderna and Pfizer were that different. I got Pfizer btw, so I didn't get to experience the hefty response you described. One thing I noticed was after my second dose there was a very short moment where I was unable to find words. Like being drunk. It was really a short moment, and I wouldn't have thought anything of it if my brother hadn't pointed out earlier that he had a similar experience after his first Pfizer shot. In both cases it was just a few hours after getting the vaccine. I haven't heard anyone else who experienced something like that, and it could just be a coincidence of course, but I thought it peculiar. Do you know of anyone experiencing something like that?

No sweets or drinks are provided here. The nurse who gave me my first dose told me to drink plenty of fluid, that's it. I guess that's to help your body get rid of the stuff the vaccine is dissolved in. From what I heard from others, most didn't even get such advice.

We had a very slow start here, but fortunately we've been catching up. According to polls up to 89% of the Dutch population is willing to get vaccinated. I guess that will lower a bit if the number of infections dwindles down. But it would be great if we could get reach that number.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Quote by dirtriderco

The lack of public trust across the board is appalling and covid is being used to erode personal choice and freedoms across the board.

I would have to do some research on this pastor's threat to have people who wear masks in his church removed from his church. My first take is that as a private organization, his church (or the trustees of the church) have the right to ban anyone they want for any reason they want from their property. I know, here in Virginia, more and more businesses are defining themselves as a no gun zone which has irritated many gun carriers in this state. Private properties/businesses aren't bound by the second amendment or any other. (A reason why private businesses, for example, can require a person to have a valid covid vaccination card to enter their premises. A lawsuit dismissed here in Fairfax County who claimed they couldn't be forced to carry or present a Covid Passport as the plaintiff argued.)

As I posted earlier, constitutional rights are not absolute. The best way to phrase it is that your constitutional right to whatever ends when it impacts the constitutional right(s) of another party. I wrote a long time ago that the split in this country (and it isn't just a division between republicans and democrats) is more about change - those who think change has happened too quickly and those who believe that change hasn't happened fast enough or go far enough. We are used to seeing the U.S. as homogenous (if not racially, at least in general attitudes) and we're seeing a country that is not only not homogenous, but increasingly splintered in dozens if not hundreds of different directions.
Meagan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Agree with everything Meagananne said. If you want to be convinced of the merits spend a week in a COVID ward and meet all the people there sucking on a tube and wishing they had been vaccinated. Its awful.
0 likes
I got my vaccine and so did my husband and daughter
Very mild side effects

Though MOST in my area is refusing the vaccine and most reasonings seem to be misinformation from Facebook and loyalty to Trump and Republicans ?‍?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Latest news from the CDC is that 80 % of the new cases of Covid are now the Delta varient which apparently came out of India . They are saying that the infection Rate is up 63% since July .

I have a friend who is a nurse , her brother and three co-worker's who were vaccinated have reinfected with the Delta varient . She says that where she works 3 of the ER staff that were vaccinated have now come down with the Delta varient .

Looks like my hesitancy to stop wearing a mask when I go into stores May have not been so stupid .
0 likes
Quote by JimMiller
Latest news from the CDC is that 80 % of the new cases of Covid are now the Delta varient which apparently came out of India .

Of the 13 countries that ourworldindata.org has variants data, Japan has the least Delta cases, making up 82% of their new cases and Australia and the UK both have the most: ~100%.

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer

0 likes
Quote by JimMiller
Latest news from the CDC is that 80 % of the new cases of Covid are now the Delta varient which apparently came out of India . They are saying that the infection Rate is up 63% since July .

I have a friend who is a nurse , her brother and three co-worker's who were vaccinated have reinfected with the Delta varient . She says that where she works 3 of the ER staff that were vaccinated have now come down with the Delta varient .

Looks like my hesitancy to stop wearing a mask when I go into stores May have not been so stupid .

We got our second vaccine dose today. It was Pfizer. No horrible side effects at all.

WHY did we wait so long, stupidity for the most part.

The Delta variant is nasty shit! Even if fully vaccinated you can still catch and spread it.

Our school district decided against masks in our schools. Fights would break out in the meetings among parents.
So glad my kids are out of school.

All of our major hospitals up here, their pediatric units and ICU's are FULL!

We never once stopped wearing our masks in public, especially indoors at the store.

Continue to wear a mask, and get vaccinated.

0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

No.

I don't see myself from this point forward not wearing a face mask or gloves.

My No became a Yes.

My parents, Krew and I are fully vaccinated even though I was the last one to get vaccinated.
We still wear mask around each other. We are impatiently waiting to be given the third shot seeing as it's necessary but first come the ones that truly need it.

Yes, my left arm was useless for three days.
I didn't take any meds(straightedge) and just rode the pain out.

Yes, CDC messed up when they stated, "If you are fully vaccinated, you don't have to wear mask at all.
They really shot their asses there and I live in L.A. where many still choose not to be vaccinated.

Stop making it about politics. Get vaccinated.

The people you look up to in politics who spew misinformation about Covid-19/Delta might(are totally vaccinated, come on) be vaccinated.
Why they continue to have this agenda is beyond me.
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS
We are impatiently waiting to be given the third shot seeing as it's necessary but first come the ones that truly need it.

I think we need to focus on getting the rest of the world vaccinated first. With large parts of the global population unvaccinated the chances of new mutations that, like the Delta variant, spread more easily or worse, are more deadly, is just too big.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Get vaccinated. Plain and simple.

What she said,
The Linebacker
0 likes
I got the Mederna vaccine, both shots. With the first shot l barely knew l'd had it. The second shot l got on a Friday morning and worked all day without feeling effects. That evening l developed a fever. The next day, Saturday, l was quite sick all day, feverish, exhausted, miserable. Saturday evening all sickness ended rather abruptly. And that was that.

I know that the desired response to the second Mederna shot is several hours of sickness. That shows you are building antibodies.

I plan on getting a booster as soon as it is available and l am eligible.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Stop making it about politics. Get vaccinated.

The twice impeached former resident at the White House finally spoke up at a rally this weekend in Alabama - where he told everyone in attendance that he'd been vaccinated and he recommended that they all get vaccinated.

He was promptly and loudly/roundly booed by his loving supporters for being a turncoat. Alex Jones called him a dumb SOB on his podcast because of these comments in the video attached.

Typical Trump - a day late and a dollar short. Why couldn't he have been saying this from the git go last year when the vaccinations were becoming available - instead of merely trying to lay claim to their existence.

Only I Can Fix It - is what I remember him saying all the time.

Listen to him backtrack after he hears the booing mob.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
0 likes
I just got my second of Pfizer. I had no issues at all with either shot.

I think that since us rich countries have so many vaccines and so few people willing to take them, lets give them to the rest of the world. We all made deals with pharma companies to ensure that our populace will be vaccinated, but how about we let the idiots whither in their trailer parks as they spend their last dollar on horse de-worming pills, when a vaccine is available and free.

India will probably need vaccines. Let's send them there. If you dislike brown people, well then let's send them to Australia.

This is a global pandemic, so let's stop wasting our resources on brainwashed cult members and send vaccines to other places that actually want them.
0 likes
Had both vaccinations, minor issues but no problems, covid is a bigger problem.
2 likes
Nope. Not until they can show information about long term effects and what it could do.
And until people can sue when shit goes wrong? Nope.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
This is a great forum, I really enjoy reading all the topics.
Active Ink Slinger
2 likes

I am against mandatory vaccination on general principle. My body. My choice. I also don’t much care to be taking an experimental drug that failed the animal trials. Having said all that, I took the J&J vaccine because it is a traditional vaccine, like the flu shot. My wife chose the Pfizer, got Covid anyway, took Ivermectin and had Long Covid for six months.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Yep - got both Pfizer shots. Was not in risk category. After my first shot, I had a little fever and mostly muscular pain for 2 days, but all good. Did a full medical test after both shots, everything normal, no clotting, nor issues found. I still wear a mask even if here we've gone maskless. 

It makes travel easier and I do travel a lot. 

Rainbow Warrior
1 like

I'm all vaxxed up (Moderna), and all my employees are as well.