Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Anyone else play the piano or other musical instruments?

last reply
68 replies
6.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Accordion and the piano.

(mine is red like this one, but with black buttons with a diamond)

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Drums
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I’ve tried the piano off and on for ages and never seem to make any progress.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Piano, professionally.

(And some other instruments which, if revealed here, would make me just a touch too identifiable...)

GrushaVashnadze's best stories:

Alison Goes to London (RR) - "love this... fun, and funny, and sexy" (sprite)

The Cursed Cunt (RR) - "holyyyyy sheeeiiit.... Your writing is fucking fantastic" (CarltonStJames)

A Worthless Filthy Fucking Smoking Trash Cunt Whore (RR) - "Brilliantly done. Of course." (naughtyannie)

Snow White and the Seven Dildos (RR) - "Fuck. It's perfect.... honestly genius and so fucking well executed." (VioletVixen)

Metamorphoses (RR) - "so imaginative and entertaining" (saucymh)

And There Came Two Angels to Sodom - "What a deliciously worded story! So juicy, so raunchy" (el_henke)

Fuck-Talk (with VioletVixen) - "Jeez. I feel rendered wordless by how much clever fucking fun this is" (Jaymal)

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Mellophone... duh.... That's a marching brass horn. Also French Horn... Trombone... could play baritone or tuba... maybe trumptet (3rd trupmet. lol)
Lurker
0 likes
if you didn't play an instrument, you'd say i play the piano, guitar, and harmonica.

if you played any of those, you'd probably say i don't.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
the guitar is not my bitch I am hers
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hopp3r
I played piano for about two years when I was in elementary school before my music teacher moved away. Instead of finding a new one, I took up the violin and played for seven, all through middle school and high school. In college, my dormmate had a guitar so I started teaching myself that and have been on and off ever since (mostly off, unfortunately). I grew up in Bremerton so just like everyone else from there, I know how to play one bass line (if you’re familiar with MxPx, you know which one I’m talking about).

I would love to get back into music but it’s difficult to find the time. The rational thing would be to find somewhere to take lessons again, building off of what’s already there, but to be honest, I’ve been more interested in the prospect of vocal lessons lately. Ugh, there’s just never enough time.

you're not alone in that it's difficult to find the time, hopp3r.

today is the first day i saw this thread, so i hope it's not too far beyond an acceptable response timeline...

but one of the best things a music teacher taught me long ago, was that you can practice for just a few minutes and it's totally okay. such a great teacher. saudades...

if you practice one tune for less than five minutes (the typical length of a "45" rpm(?) on vinyl = a single recording on each A side and B side), then it's a completely reasonable amount of music "for the room." tah-dah! "thanks, folks, don't forget to tip your server," etc.

the notion of the "music class" is fine, but as a person who plays a musical instrument there isn't any negative part of adding to my practice time (even in tiny increments)...unless I, myself, bring it with or put it into the mix, which of course, would be a basically human thing for me to do. so we've all done it before.

but the LESSON from that GREAT TEACHER OMG was that if you put the instrument on a proper stand (tripod with a soft-ish restraint so it doesn't fall) and just place it in the corner of the room where you sit (when you're at home)...

then you start to find 5min or less intervals in which you can practice a tune. or a scale, or anything you want to play within local noise ordinance guidelines.

in my case it's whenEVER i watch a sports event. commercials? nope...

commercial broadcasting is on MUTE and you just pick up the instrument and see how much you can play before the game's back on. over time, i realized i appreciate not having to listen to beer or fast food advertising as much. plus, it's practice time without having to set aside any extra time. it's already been set aside and you sat down to watch the game, right? i'm so grateful for the music teachers in my life.