Useless interesting or amusing facts

last reply
101 replies
6.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
Quote by techgoddess
I find this comment extremely offensive and I am insulted beyond measure. I did not attack you in such a horrendous way. You may think you are funny, but I think your reference to Nazi/Hitler is crossing the line and extremely vulgar.

A) Egocentric much? Why would you assume that it was in relation to you that I posted my interesting or amusing fact about Godwin's Law? I never assumed that you were blaming me for the high price of cars in the US' absurdly consumerist economy.

2) If you are insulted beyond measure, take comfort in the fact that Jesus REALLY loves you.

3) Is this the part where I apologise for my supposed vulgarity? Let's just go with Jesus REALLY loves you.

And yes, Lex was right. The Godwin's Law post was prompted by Chef's posting of a Hitler picture on another thread. Chef, you vulgar wench!! YOU CROSSED THE LINE!! APOLOGISE TO TECH RIGHT NOW!!!
Lurker
I forgot to post an interesting fact. In the 1994 genocide in Rwanda, Tutsi and moderate Hutu were killed at the rate of about one every 12 seconds. More than 300,000 Rwandans are estimated to have taken part in the killings.
Mr Nobody
You lot are getter wierder and madder by the week ...

Am I the only sane person left here
Lurker
Sure you are.
Lurker
I don't have an interesting fact.
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
Quote by lexylove
Quote by techgoddess
I find this comment extremely offensive and I am insulted beyond measure. I did not attack you in such a horrendous way. You may think you are funny, but I think your reference to Nazi/Hitler is crossing the line and extremely vulgar.

Tech, I think the Hitler comment references a post by Chefkathleen in this thread:

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst5601p2_Guns-Yaaay.aspx

And I would have realized this how? I haven't read the guns postings as I don't have anything to add to those.

And while you are quick to defend his actions, if his comment was not meant for me....why direct it at me personally by attaching it to my post?

I honestly was just trying to be a bit humorous with my ending line about the way 101.1 was written, considering how much back and forth there had been. Please tell your friend Durrasch I am amazed he would be so easily offended. Apparently he dishes out well, but doesn't receive as eagerly.

Here's a fact that isn't so useless....77,000 people were murdered during the Holocaust in France. Some of them were my relatives. Very touchy subject for me. There are some things that aren't funny. Some might accuse me of being overly sensitive. I really don't care. I am who I am.

Dirty Talk Competition story: His Voice

New Mac & Grace story: Boardrooms & Boudoirs - Part Three -Chapters 9-12

The Last Dance - Part 4 & Part 5

The Last Dance is a love story, but not your ordinary love story. I’d love for people to check it out. Thanks! 🥰

New short story: Under The Doctor's Desk

New micro: Another Man’s Wife

Lurker
Easy....just pointing out that it wasn't, in this case, an attack on you. I'd hope you would clarify similarly if the roles were reversed here. Perhaps not, as I didn't realize I was woefully out of line.

And please direct your ire at who it's focused on, instead of sarcastically asking me to do it for you in public. I didn't realize that I was guilty by friend designation, and from now on I will not tag you with quotes unless absolutely necessary. Sorry to offend you.

This is disappointing.

Quote by techgoddess
Quote by lexylove
Quote by techgoddess

Tech, I think the Hitler comment references a post by Chefkathleen in this thread:

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst5601p2_Guns-Yaaay.aspx

And I would have realized this how? I haven't read the guns postings as I don't have anything to add to those.

And while you are quick to defend his actions, if his comment was not meant for me....why direct it at me personally by attaching it to my post?

I honestly was just trying to be a bit humorous with my ending line about the way 101.1 was written, considering how much back and forth there had been. Please tell your friend Durrasch I am amazed he would be so easily offended. Apparently he dishes out well, but doesn't receive as eagerly.

Here's a fact that isn't so useless....77,000 people were murdered during the Holocaust in France. Some of them were my relatives. Very touchy subject for me. There are some things that aren't funny. Some might accuse me of being overly sensitive. I really don't care. I am who I am.
Lurker
Quote by techgoddess

Since I'm here, and I can read, I won't wait for Lex to relay your message to me. I attached the Godwin's Law remark to my response to you because you were the one who slagged me for straying off-topic.

I'm not offended by your hypocrisy, either. Where did you get the idea that I was? Because I point it out doesn't mean it offends me. For you to offend me, I'd have to hold some small regard for your opinion. I don't. I stated that I had lost the little bit of respect which I had reluctantly held for you, not that I was offended. If I misinterpreted your attempt at humour, it was because of the line with which you opened your post.

I have to agree with Lex, too, when she says that if you have an issue with me, take it up with me. For fuck's sake, the whole lot of your little clique seems to have a real problem just saying something directly to the person you have an issue with. What's the deal with that?

Interesting fact: Anne Frank's father, Otto, was among the survivors released when the Soviets "liberated" Auschwitz on 27 January 1945.
Her mother, Edith, had died in the camp 3 weeks previously. Anne herself died in March 1945 at Bergen-Belsen, one of one and a half million Jewish children killed in the Holocaust.

Another interesting fact: Even though that last little fact about the Frank family's fate was included in this post, take comfort, Tech, in knowing that I don't hold you responsible.
Lurker
And my avatar isn't aimed at everyone Rocco, just a select few of you.

OH, so you're calling me and a few others "a cunt"?

Yeah, that's real class there.
Matriarch
Is it time for the Llama yet?

Can't we all just get along
Lurker
Quote by roccotool
And my avatar isn't aimed at everyone Rocco, just a select few of you.

OH, so you're calling me and a few others "a cunt"?

Yeah, that's real class there.

Yep.
Flutterby Pharie
I think its time to lock this thread or something.....its kinda getting outta hand!
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥