type of people to be around with

last reply
36 replies
3.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Would you rather be in the company of someone who is always happy and energetic, almost "childish" or someone who is quiet, serious, and mature?
Lurker
0 likes
Happy, energetic and almost childish. Generally, it's a lot more fun being around people like that.
Lurker
0 likes
Up for a laugh, legal (so if I accidentally hit on them I'm not arrested!), likes me for all my loud sarcasm, doesn't mind the occasional moment.

And isn't a prude.
Lurker
0 likes
open minded, happy, almost childish, generous, blah blah blah
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As much as I do prefer to be around happy and energetic types more often than not, the 'childish' part of that equation can and does get very old very quick especially if they never know when to be serious or quiet. I tend to be one of those people that feeds off of the energy of others therefore I like to surround myself with people who have a good balance of both fun and serious - they're both great qualities.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There has to be a combination of both, it's not very fun to be around someone who never let's loose and has fun. Most of the time I like to be around people who are funny and childish, I always act really silly and goofy around people I know really well.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by Autumn17
There has to be a combination of both, it's not very fun to be around someone who never let's loose and has fun. Most of the time I like to be around people who are funny and childish, I always act really silly and goofy around people I know really well.

I swing both ways. In fact, I think you NEED to be able to swing both ways to get full enjoyment from life.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
Bubbly rather than childish it's more fun! fun! fun! for me.
Lurker
0 likes
I am people watcher and I prefer logical thinkers and people who use common sense. However, that doesn't seem to apply among the masses amymore.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
I prefer someone who possesses all of those qualities and knows when they're appropriate.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
I prefer someone who possesses all of those qualities and knows when they're appropriate.

I totally agree with slipperywhenwet on this one. There are times to be serious and times to have fun. You have to know your limits.....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Definitely the happier of the two, as I'm the serious one majority of my time its great to see others let loose. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quiet, serious and mature. Us QSMs have lots of fun, but in our own way. I don't mind happy and energetic, it kind of wears me out to think about it, but childish? Not for me. Forces me to use energy that I prefer to use elsewhere.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I like happy, intelligent, quick-witted, energetic people who don't take themselves too seriously and know how to have fun.

Let's face it - everyone needs to be serious sometimes, but there are some types that pride themselves on it (as a defining trait) and yet aren't 'mature' at all. Sometimes they present with a holier-than-thou judgmental attitude, possibly caused by an unfortunate tendency to conduct their life's affairs with a giant stick up their arse. The underlying issue is actually often an inherent predilection to being completely childish in attitude and outlook. Those are the people I prefer to avoid.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I like happy, intelligent, quick-witted, energetic people who don't take themselves too seriously and know how to have fun.

Let's face it - everyone needs to be serious sometimes, but there are some types that pride themselves on it (as a defining trait) and yet aren't 'mature' at all. Sometimes they present with a holier-than-thou judgmental attitude, possibly caused by an unfortunate tendency to conduct their life's affairs with a giant stick up their arse. The underlying issue is actually often an inherent predilection to being completely childish in attitude and outlook. Those are the people I prefer to avoid.

This!

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I'm such an independant and intellectual creep, I pay a lot more attention to what people have to say than how they actually act. Substance over style. I do prefer the company of happy and confident people, but I must admit that overly expressive people sometimes get on my nerves. I like reflective people, however they might express their thoughts. I love learning when I speak with others.

Myself I'm quite serious and reserved, but often drop hints of thoughtful twisted humor. Still, I don't take my seriousness too seriously (whatever that might mean), and surely don't pride myself on it. I'm an eternal child with the mind of a 90-year-old man. Despite my stoic attitude, people tell me I emit a very empathic vibe from the moment they see me. I'm really not the kind of guy you would invite to light up the party (I don't like parties really), but I'm not the one who would destroy the ambiance either.

I'm a complicated person, I know.

I feel more sane than a lot of people out there, though.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

This right here! ^^^^^Dancing_Doll always seems to know exactly how I feel... That's the kind of person!^^^^^
Site administrator
0 likes
hhhmmm ... maybe many people have friends who are one or the other of those two types and other types too since there are times perhaps we want both depending on our own mood. If I had to pick I would go with the former. Ive probably said the same as others above but oh well I thought I would try and have a lil fun in the forums today smile.
Lurker
0 likes
I do like people who have fun but like people to be themselves. I like honesty in people also.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Intellectual people, not that I want to have mind blowing conversations. Just that, they have realistic ideals and opinions, regardless if we're talking about stupid things or trying to solve world hunger! haha
Lurker
0 likes
I need a mixture of both.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
95% of the time happy and energetic, almost "childish"
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
I'm such an independant and intellectual creepy, I pay a lot more attention to what people have to say than how they actually act. Substance over style.

I guess you don't understand the nuances of body language. Sometimes the loudest words are the one's that aren't spoken.

Quote by SereneProdigy
I'm a complicated person, I know.

I feel more sane than a lot of people out there, though.

Seems like you're quite humble too. Never mind the fact that you are a physiotherapist or phsycologist when you say you feel more sane than most people. It would be amazing to get into most peoples heads and know what is "sane" or "normal".

Good man, carry on.....
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Damn, look at dudlicious. Laying it down. I like the use of the backhanded compliment followed by the carry on. Cutting, strong. Look at this fucking guy go.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

I learned a little from the "master of disaster" BITCH

What is the master of disaster? Is that the pet name for your lady friend's, you know... énorme gode?
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious
I guess you don't understand the nuances of body language. Sometimes the loudest words are the one's that aren't spoken.

I do understand every bit of it, but as loud as signs of come at me or back off jerk can be, I don't quite find them intellectually stimulating.

Quote by Dudealicious
Seems like you're quite humble too. Never mind the fact that you are a physiotherapist or phsycologist when you say you feel more sane than most people. It would be amazing to get into most peoples heads and know what is "sane" or "normal".

Good man, carry on.....

I've seen guys being litterally pissed off by not receiving enough social attention, and girls crying because they didn't feel the most beautiful in a bar of three hundred persons.

I do feel more sane than these people. And yes, I studied psychology.

Between, the reason you quote me and analyze my every word is...?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

Nope just you......

Oh cool.

Look, he said stuff. Get him dude. Go all alexander colin on his ass.