Login

The Travelers Diary

last reply
1 reply
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm a little bit obessed with flying and my mission is to see the world!

This thread is for like minded people. Post about your past adventures; where you went, what you did, who you saw, what you ate and maybe throw in a couple of pictures if you'd like.

Discuss places you'd like to go and get some handy dandy tips!

We are a big community of people all over the show so I'm there's someone that knows a friend of a friend that's been there and done that!

For my last trip I did Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia.

Thailand was probably my favourite, the food, culture and beautiful islands just blew me away!

Bangkok is such a busy city, I pretty much got lost in my own thoughts, I did more shopping than I could carry without even feeling like I spent a lot of money. I now regret not doing Bangkok at the end because I spent soooo much money on extra baggage!

I stayed at Siam @ Siam which is a really funky hotel with awesome views and great food. Loved the decor too, it's very young and made me feel like I was in a vibrant city.

Lots of temples, I was templed out by the end of it. Deffo recommend a cycling tour of the city if its not too hot.

I wanted to go to the tiger temple but I've heard mixed reviews so skipped it. If anyone has been I'd love to hear about it!

Koh Samui was fantastic, met up with quite a few younger travellers and partied so hard I'm surprised my liver made the flight home. I did miss a lot of my last two nights because I was so hung over. Next time ill definitely plan my trip better because I missed the full moon party by a week! I was so gutted.

I was silly enough to take a really late flight into Phuket and had the worst experience with getting a transfer to the hotel, I pretty much thought my organs would be harvested that night! Next time ill make sure all transfers are booked for late night arrivals!

Phuket was stunning though, I'm glad I stayed in Patong, because that's really where everything is happening. Really cute night markets, awesome food but pretty shitty beaches so if that's what you're after go to Kata beach.

It was really emotional to see some of the places the tsunami hit and the damage that its left behind. We had a taxi driver take us around to some of places and his story nearly made me cry. I think everyone should make some time for the locals and hear their stories. People give the country culture and that's very important.

I went on a day trip to see all the little island, saw Phi Phi island and now whish I'd spent a night there too. Also got to go to James Bond island, felt quite sereal and got to see where they filmed the The Beach, Leo was so hot it that! Haha.

Be careful when you book your island trips, a lot of them are 'booze cruises' ...you do not want to be stuck on one of those...

Oh I stayed at the Banthai beach resort in a pool access room, LOVED having the pool right there on the doorstep!

I would definitely go back to Thailand, it's an amazing and beautiful country with gorgeous people.

Look forward to reading your diary,
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Necho
...my mission is to see the world!

Hi Necho, Ditto!

I've been a travel bug for the past couple of years, mainly around Europe but I went to Borneo last year.
That was an amazing experience!
A culture shock to be sure but highly recommended for something a little different.

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst28995_MY-GUIDE-TO-AMSTERDAM--You-won39t-find-this-in-the-travel-books.aspx
I wrote a funny travel musing on Amsterdam about a month ago which you might like, apologies for the shameless plug

I also visited several sites associated with the second world war last year including the Somme battlefields, Berlin Wall and Auschwitz concentration camp in Poland. Having an interest in human history, these were all powerful experiences and something a little 'out of the ordinary' tourism-wise.

Your 'Sunset in Phuket' photo on your profile is fantastic btw!
The Far East is next on my travel bucket list.
I am a photographer myself, anyone on my friends list can see my travel shots portfolio, mainly from France, Spain, Germany and Greece.
More to be added soon...
Lurker
0 likes
Fuckin Gyppos

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Necho
I'm a little bit obessed with flying and my mission is to see the world!

This thread is for like minded people. Post about your past adventures; where you went, what you did, who you saw, what you ate and maybe throw in a couple of pictures if you'd like.

Discuss places you'd like to go and get some handy dandy tips!

We are a big community of people all over the show so I'm there's someone that knows a friend of a friend that's been there and done that!

For my last trip I did Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia.

Thailand was probably my favourite, the food, culture and beautiful islands just blew me away!

Bangkok is such a busy city, I pretty much got lost in my own thoughts, I did more shopping than I could carry without even feeling like I spent a lot of money. I now regret not doing Bangkok at the end because I spent soooo much money on extra baggage!

I stayed at Siam @ Siam which is a really funky hotel with awesome views and great food. Loved the decor too, it's very young and made me feel like I was in a vibrant city.

Lots of temples, I was templed out by the end of it. Deffo recommend a cycling tour of the city if its not too hot.

I wanted to go to the tiger temple but I've heard mixed reviews so skipped it. If anyone has been I'd love to hear about it!

Koh Samui was fantastic, met up with quite a few younger travellers and partied so hard I'm surprised my liver made the flight home. I did miss a lot of my last two nights because I was so hung over. Next time ill definitely plan my trip better because I missed the full moon party by a week! I was so gutted.

I was silly enough to take a really late flight into Phuket and had the worst experience with getting a transfer to the hotel, I pretty much thought my organs would be harvested that night! Next time ill make sure all transfers are booked for late night arrivals!

Phuket was stunning though, I'm glad I stayed in Patong, because that's really where everything is happening. Really cute night markets, awesome food but pretty shitty beaches so if that's what you're after go to Kata beach.

It was really emotional to see some of the places the tsunami hit and the damage that its left behind. We had a taxi driver take us around to some of places and his story nearly made me cry. I think everyone should make some time for the locals and hear their stories. People give the country culture and that's very important.

I went on a day trip to see all the little island, saw Phi Phi island and now whish I'd spent a night there too. Also got to go to James Bond island, felt quite sereal and got to see where they filmed the The Beach, Leo was so hot it that! Haha.

Be careful when you book your island trips, a lot of them are 'booze cruises' ...you do not want to be stuck on one of those...

Oh I stayed at the Banthai beach resort in a pool access room, LOVED having the pool right there on the doorstep!

I would definitely go back to Thailand, it's an amazing and beautiful country with gorgeous people.

Look forward to reading your diary,

TEDIOUS AND BORING!

Please fuck off!