Tattoo

last reply
25 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Hello Lovlies, I've got a question for you. I'll be getting a tattoo at some point noot far off. I'm not completely sure where to get it. Any suggestions?

~Kisses~

Chandra
Dare to get poisoned? Then try kissing me...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hello Chandra,

Depends what size of tattoo you are planning on getting and who you want to see it.

M
There is only one life so make the most of it and enjoy every second because if you miss the chance it may never come back!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hello Chandra,

Depends what size of tattoo you are planning on getting and who you want to see it.

M
There is only one life so make the most of it and enjoy every second because if you miss the chance it may never come back!
Lurker
0 likes
I suggest you get it where you're heart tells you to, instead of asking a lot of strangers where they want you to get it.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Both valid points, though this will just be the first of my tattoos.
Dare to get poisoned? Then try kissing me...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not sure how much of an issue this is for you, but be aware that the tattoo may not blend with more formal attire, so then you may want it in an area that can be covered in those situations.
Miss Sassy Pants
0 likes
research it hunny. If you go to the home page here, in the bottom box is a recommended site, Deviant Art. Go there...They have some awesome art for tattoos. I found 3 of my 5 there...
Message me if ya have anymore questions...
Lurker
0 likes
I'm not sure why your asking? If you are looking for a place to put it that would look nice on a women I think the ankle is a classy place I also think foot tattoos look really nice. I have three, if your looking for advice on pain wise the one on my ankle hurt the most especially when it was getting near the back of the calf. The shoulder is not to bad, and the lower back better known as the 'tramp stamp' did not hurt at all.
Lurker
0 likes
well i designed my own tattoo from old books from my great grandfather, you need something you can identify with, family history or an event. pay more than you can afford, make it good and make it special. The lower back area is popular in england and the stomach if your toned.

nice one on a guy

Lurker
0 likes
Have a tattoo on your bum, 'Don't even think about it' sorry TK hee hee haha lol Wow can you imagine how tickly it would be getting it done, bums are so ticklish
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i want one too.... i m kinda thin with dark complexion(male) ....can any one suggest me where should i get it??
Lurker
0 likes
I agree with Chef. Go with what feels right to you. My tattoo is a custom design that means something to me.

Having said that, I think a tattoo on a lady's ankle looks classy and sexy at the same time.

Definitely check out as many tattoo artists as you can so you can compare styles. The place itself should be clean and your local municipality's inspection certificate should be visible. Ask how they sterilize their equipment. They should have an autoclave on site. All needles should be disposable.

Getting my shoulder done didn't hurt but it did sting a little when the artist got to the part towards the back of the arm. Getting anything over bone like the ankle would hurt more.

los825, with us darker complexion folks, black-and-grey tattoos work best. Colours don't show very well. Sorry, but I can't suggest where you would put it. That's your call.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Lurker
0 likes
not the stomach. you may be toned now but after children or extra pounds it will not look the same.
Lurker
0 likes
Just my 2 cents-

I think a womans body is the most amazing thing ever created. I like tatoos, but only if they compliment the canvas, so to speak. I dont like them if they ruin the symmetry of a womans body. I abhor "boob tatoos" and anything around the belly button. My wife has a sexy little ankle tatoo that works great on her, i love when i get a glimpse of it without meaning to- its very hot
Lurker
0 likes
I love tattoos, I have several myself. One on each arm and one covering about 2/3 of my back. The most painful place in my experience is on the shoulder blade and spine, both are nerve centers, as well as the soft underside of your arms. One of mine wraps around my arm and it was quite painful there, akin to taking a lit match and tracing it across the skin for the 2 hours it took to do it, the same goes for the shoulder blade and spine.

I would prefer if a woman's tatt's were less conspicuous and more intimate, having them where everyone can see them all of the time is a big turn off for me. Tatt's on the neck and hands scream "Do you want fries with that?" to me.
Lurker
0 likes
Make sure it something you like and value it is permanent! have 2
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Select a tattoo that is you cause you will be looking at it everyday lol My sisters and I all have tattoos based on things we deem important and relevant to us. On my ankle is the malibu drink palm tree surrounded with the names of my parents and both sets of grandparents - designed it myself. The tattoo you decide on should be for your comfort. Since you are thinking of more than one, then best to consider how you want the finish product to look. Yep recommend to chat with a tattoo artist as background work, pays to be happy with your end result. As for the pain, well, no pain no gain. At the end of the day, only you can make the decision on what tattoo you and where you have it. Best of luck on your tattoo, looking forward to seeing what you get posted on Lush lol TC laters, e

'..May the Lord watch between you and me when we are absent from one another..' Gen31:49 😇

Lurker
0 likes
On girls I like the back of the shoulders, neck, and ankles or foot, if it's long and curvy I like up the calf to thigh possibly lower back or stomach
Miss Sassy Pants
0 likes
Well TC, do ya have an update for us? Tattoos should have a meaning. At the time I posted my first reply I had 5, I have since added 3 more and looking forward to my next one.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OMG thanks for the Hollywood, I just realised the date lmao ..Yep I agree with you an update and pic wouldve be niice - end product lol

'..May the Lord watch between you and me when we are absent from one another..' Gen31:49 😇

Lurker
0 likes
I personally like tattoos on chests, basically because I like the perspective into the cleavage, but since it's not my nody that's involved this opinion has little relevance...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wouldn't recommend getting one until you know what you want. Getting a tattoo just for the sake of getting a tattoo may not be a good idea. You're pretty much stuck with it for life, aside from expensive laser removal.
Lurker
0 likes
Follow your heart. Get something that actually means something to you, for you will have it for the rest of your life.
Lurker
0 likes
I got a small tattoo at the top of my arm when I was 18, I still like it, but it needs a touch-up now as it has faded a bit.

It was always my intention to get more and I finally found the design I was looking for recently - I now have two hands in a henna style tattooed on my shoulder blades. I love them, and for me they tell a story - I also think that they're pretty sexy... I mean, they make me feel sexier. Also, I don't have them on show, unless I'm wearing something revealing...

I hope you found something nice....
Lurker
0 likes
From someone who has both worked in a tattoo parlour and has a few of her own I've got a few little tips and tricks.
First thing, be warned, the closer the area is to the bone the more painful it will be.
Secondly- and I see this has been mentioned a few times - it's there for life, so get it wherever the hell you want to and make sure you have a look at the blue ink impression (which they should do) in the mirror before they start with the needles.
Also make sure your artist is clean, tidy and accredited - try looking for one with a portfolio rather than picking one off the wall. Many tattooists are happy to draw up designs, especially in the better studios.

As a personal thing, upper arm tattoo's work well on very few women, especially the band styles. If you're thinking about getting one there at some point, do the blue ink test and look in a mirror to make sure.

XX
BB