last reply
11 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Watch this movie and win $10,000?

NEW DELHI (Reuters) – A Bollywood filmmaker has issued a lucrative challenge to horror movie fans: a $10,000 reward for anyone who can watch his latest supernatural thriller, alone, in a cinema until the closing credits.

Ram Gopal Varma's "Phoonk 2," a sequel to his 2008 film of the same name, is about an evil spirit that traumatizes a family. "Anyone who says the movie cannot scare him is going to be put in a theater by himself," Varma told reporters in Mumbai at an event to promote the movie.

Varma said the film fan who steps up to the challenge will be wired up to a heart monitoring machine as well as a camera that ensures they keep their eyes open during the whole movie.

Readings from the machines will be shown live on a screen outside the cinema, Varma said, and if the contestant succeeds, they will win 500,000 rupees (approximately $10,850).

Varma issued a similar challenge ahead of the release of the original "Phoonk" but the promotional contest was withdrawn after allegations the selection process was rigged.

Varma said the contest winner ran out 30 minutes after the film started, but newspaper reports said a film fan in the southern Indian city of Bangalore booked an entire cinema to prove the director wrong and watched the film alone with a doctor on call and security personnel stationed outside.

There is no way I could do this! I don't like watching scary movies at home or in a crowded room.....let alone all by myself on the big screen!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Shoot - that would be an EASY ten grand for me! Scary movies don't really scare me much at all.
Lurker
0 likes
Easy for me too. The only movie that really got to me, I was just a teen. None have got me that upset since. Plus, I need the 10k. LOL
Lurker
0 likes
Where the HELL!!!! do I sign up for this 1 1/2- 2 hours of horror. I've been a fan of 'good' horror films all my life, I've 'walked where the Devil has danced' for close to 15 years as a firefighter/paramedic, and I have been married. So bring it on 'Scary Man' I will be very happy to take your money.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just could not keep my eyes open the entire time! no way!
Lurker
0 likes
WHERE THE HELL DO I SIGN UP? I HATE horro movies but shit for 10Gs? Damn I'll sit through it. LMFAO
Lurker
0 likes
No kidding, I love horror movies, even the cheesy ones. There hasn't been a movie made yet that actually scares me. Try being shot at by angry people who don't want you in their country ... or jump out of a plane. Those will scare the shit out of you, not a movie.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love scary movies. 3/4ths of my collection is scary movies. but "Paranormal Activity" scared me so i don't think i could do it.
Lurker
0 likes
Wonder if we can get a copy here?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Bollywood horror? I'd rather watch paint dry....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BigRod

You just made horror scenes suddenly burst into dancing & singing scenes in my head haha.
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BigRod

True.
But think how easy it would be to win the 10k.