Prayers for the missing.

last reply
16 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I realise that this subject is not 'Lush' related, but we 'Lush' members, as an International Group, can we all pause and say a prayer for those souls on MH370.
Lurker
0 likes
Scary stuff, this. It's still less than 24 hours since the plane lost contact with air traffic controllers two hours after leaving Kuala Lumpur. My prayers are defo with the passengers, crew and rescue teams. Thank you, silveranode, for highlighting this piece of news.x
Lurker
0 likes
My Prayers. Only time will soften the pain that they carry in the heart... Specially mothers.
Lurker
0 likes
Via con Dios where ever you are and whatever your fate.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
This one's sitting quite heavily with me. My wife and I had flown that airline from KL to China a few years ago, and the news has been chilling.

I hope their suffering was brief.
And those who love them can soon make peace with their grief.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
still no news....sad so sad
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I am praying for the passengers, crew and rescue teams also their families . I pray they fined out what has happened . I am sad for them sad
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I am praying for the passengers, crew and rescue teams also their families . I pray they fined out what has happened . I am sad for them sad
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Really unthinkable. It's a real enigma, a plane disappearing into thin air. I've been scrambling my mind trying to understand how it can be gone without a trace, no debris, no wreckage, no broken seats floating around.. To be honest, the only feasible idea I have is that it crashed and the impact of the crash was strong enough to tear it apart and the debris to have drifted by the current. Even then, it seems almost impossible for every bit of evidence to go missing!

I used to be a constant flyer towards China from KL. I would have used similar flights to this hundreds of times.

On a side note, for all the conspiracy theorists out there (for those who do not know, opposition leader a man ~60 years was just sentenced to jail and whipping for sodomy):
Although it is unlikely (under-statement) for this to be about politics, I sincerely hope it really isn't. Manufacturing tragedies to overshadow events in the int'l community is definitely not a sign of progress.

Regardless,
my sympathies lie with the family, I cannot begin to imagine their loss.

It is only through mistakes can we progress and hopefully, if nothing else, this has help us avert future disasters.
Happiness is not an outcome or an entitlement. It is not tangible and it is not purchasable. It is a conscious decision, it is a state-of-mind, it is a choice you make at every crossroad.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
This is an awful tragedy. I'm surprised they haven't been able to locate any debris yet. Obviously they need to expand their search well beyond where they lost the signal of the plane. Losing a signal doesn't mean that's where it went down. It may take many days longer, however I feel terrible for family members who are left in the dark. The waiting is the worst.
Lurker
0 likes
Hoping I am wrong, but this one is starting to reek of a conspiracy. This carries over to sadness of so many families. The world is clouded with those that seek instant fame. I sure believe it is what it is. Praying that I am wrong.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Very strange goings on, indeed! If a hijack why no ransom? If a terrorist plot then the plane would have been used as a weapon, surely? It can't have just disappeared.

How horrible for family and friends not knowing, do you grieve or continue to hope and pray?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Praying for all families involved...........

Could the plane have lost cabin pressure and sliced through the water in tact? The only way to not have a debris field . Or it crashed in a remot area, and not found yet
Lurker
0 likes
May they rest in peace and may their families eventually find peace from their loss.

"For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?

And what is to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.

And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.

And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance."
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Does anyone else have a really bad feeling about this plane?

Based on things that have come out, the only thing that makes sense now is a highly sophisticated terrorist op.

The last message is 'Goodnight' - then exactly 2 minutes later the first transmitter is manually turned off. This means at least one of the pilots was in on it. I'm guessing the one that had a flight simulator installed in his house. They might have both been in on it, but all they'd need was one.

They took the plane up to 45,000ft - where the lack of oxygen would basically disable and kill all the passengers, therefore removing any threat from them.

Then down to 10,000 ft in the middle of the night to avoid sky-traffic and fly basically undetected for who knows how long and who knows where.

It could have been landed in a remote area and is being repainted and packed with bombs and explosives. Then you have a flying missile that (depending on the nature of the explosives) could do major damage. If I was in Tel Aviv right now, for example, I'd be nervous.

Everyone is assuming it crashed into the ocean "somewhere" but this wasn't done on a whim. Why would it crash? It had fuel, experienced pilots, people who know how to effectively make the plane go 'dark'. I assume they had a legit plan for the plane. If something happens, I assume it'll be in the next couple of weeks. If someone has the plane, I doubt they'd want to wait that much longer and risk detection.

The idea of pilot suicide doesn't make sense either. A suicidal pilot isn't going to go up to 45K feet to knock out all the passengers and then fly around on a specified flight path for 5+ hours.

Scary possibilities.