last reply
55 replies
6.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

It's slang in the UK for wife, girlfriend or partner, also, "missus".

Only "missus" is slang. "Misses" is just mis-spelled
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by urbancoyote

Only "missus" is slang. "Misses" is just mis-spelled

I get tired of people picking on spelling in the forums, so I left it at that. There's a need for nitpicking in stories, but not here, in my opinion. It puts some new and quieter members off. I know quite a few people who spell it "misses", even though I use the spelling, "missus".
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

I get tired of people picking on spelling in the forums, so I left it at that. There's a need for nitpicking in stories, but not here, in my opinion. It puts some new and quieter members off. I know quite a few people who spell it "misses", even though I use the spelling, "missus".

You shouldnt see it as a negative. Telling someone how to spell something correctly is educating them, so they will get it right next time. What's not good about that? I'd be happy to be corrected with regards my spelling, as I wouldn't make the same mistake again.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by urbancoyote

You shouldnt see it as a negative. Telling someone how to spell something correctly is educating them, so they will get it right next time. What's not good about that? I'd be happy to be corrected with regards my spelling, as I wouldn't make the same mistake again.

I shall remember that in the future, and be sure to double check your posts when I see them.

Does this also apply to correct punctuation and grammar?

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

I shall remember that in the future, and be sure to double check your posts when I see them.

Does this also apply to correct punctuation and grammar?

Nah, bollocks to that smile

...or you'd be there all day with my posts
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by urbancoyote

Nah, bollocks to that smile

...or you'd be there all day with my posts

I was just checking.

High Lord of Darkness
0 likes
Anyway - back to the original question.

Guilty of both...but then I always do oral on the phone - I find sign language doesn't work all that well.

I used to be a pervert. In here, I'm normal!

Watch this space...She is really - cumming soon!

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
never tried but i will when i have the chance now after seeing this. hot!
my witty cum-back is on its way
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
On my list as well.

The other person would have to be pretty special though and we'd have to have a solid connection first.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

I do NOT find "misses" in the dictionary. I DO find "missus" and also "missis".

I'm wondering if this is an English / American difference of spelling like "honor" and "honour", etc. ??

Folks ... you gotta get up extra early in the morning to get ahead of SHYLASS on things like this

Rick
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would have thought the expression would have been spelt 'Mrs'. People do (in a way I find a bit sexist) say 'the Mrs'. Regarding the US/UK differences the online Lush US dictionary didn't even recognize 'spelt' as the past tense of the verb to to spell but logged it as a mistake. Also it may be interesting to note that US English is more archaic than the UK's as it has stayed similar in lots of ways such as pronounciation and spelling to the Elizabethan period.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by asleep

I do NOT find "misses" in the dictionary. I DO find "missus" and also "missis".

I'm wondering if this is an English / American difference of spelling like "honor" and "honour", etc. ??

Folks ... you gotta get up extra early in the morning to get ahead of SHYLASS on things like this

Rick

"Misses" is, indeed, wrong. "Missis" is also colloquial in certain parts of England. But like I said, there are enough jibes at people in certain parts of the site for spelling. It annoys me too, but we all make mistakes, and some are better at it than others (or not). I just think that there are other things we could be concentrating on than pulling people up for not being a good speller. That's just my opinion, obviously.

With regards to performing oral on my phone, I licked the screen this morning when I dropped a squishy blueberry from my muffin on it (that is not a euphemism). Does that count?

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I've done this as part of a game before! The idea is that one person would be performing oral sex on someone and the other person would have to speak to a random person on the phone the winner would be who lasted the longest without hanging up/ being asked if they were alright
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

With regards to performing oral on my phone, I licked the screen this morning when I dropped a squishy blueberry from my muffin on it (that is not a euphemism). Does that count?

Not sure if that dose count, my dear. but I know I won't hold it against you.
my witty cum-back is on its way
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
hmmmmmmmmm........ I shall try this in near future.
Neel
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by danny101

Not sure if that dose count, my dear. but I know I won't hold it against you.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My boyfriend came for lunch one day and apparently it was me he wanted on the counter and not the salmon. Well about 5 minutes into "lunch" my mother calls. I pick up the phone and this fool refuses to remove his self from in between my legs and I just couldnt hang up on my mother
Lurker
0 likes
Yep. And, I reciprocate.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I love it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm guilty! I love teasing my lover while he is on the phone, though I must say that with wireless phones, its much too easy to get away. I remember before wireless phones my lover would have no choice but to hang up or stay and take it! lol!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Guilty of receiving a bj while my gf was talking to her mom
Lurker
0 likes
Never done it
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had a gf once start giving me a BJ when my mom called me. I had to cut the phone call short.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Let's see, my ex-gf was eating me when my boss called. He had to repeat himself several times. I've done to ex-gfs and bfs, too. LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
back in my wild and mispent youth i remember being given a bj while on the phone making a date with another girl