Login

OMG The Internet is running out!!!

last reply
22 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
http://news.cnet.com/2100-1034_3-6237715.html

U.S. telecommunications giant AT&T has claimed that, without investment, the Internet's current network architecture will reach the limits of its capacity by 2010.

Some of us are going to have to leave, sorry.
I can't even be arsed reading it after the first three lines...
How could 20 households be more than the whole internet today, in three years..
Pfff...
If it was written 95 I could have believed it.
Back to snail mail but thanks goodness there is telephone,tv, ipod, ipad, iphone, imade, itsucks.....

Nicola babe you are ravishing!!!
Does anyone remember the large amount of taxpayer money that was given to the telecom industry in the 90's as part of an incentive to upgrade to fiber optics? Not much ever came of that.
This is a load of crap IMO. Most likely AT&T's way of getting the message out that they are raising your rates.
On the other hand we are running out of IP addresses. It won't be long before we will have to move to IPV6.
Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
It's really an OMG news..
Paging chicken licken.

I wish I'd bought shares in all the big Telcos 15 years ago, instead of living it up In London...oops
Doesn't anyone know that AT&T really stands for American Thieves & Thugs? This is bullshit. I don't buy this crap from them I mean hell they aren't the only phone company. Or the only way to get the internet either. Jill made a few good points I think it would be more liekly to run out of IP addys first I mean hell look at before everyone started to migrate to Broadband we were running out of phone numbers in the states so stands to reason that may com next. And what the hell ever did happen to the big fiber optic boom? Dumbass's dug up the roads around here and nothing came out of it nother big waste of money.
Uh-oh! Nic quick! Hold a Lush raffle to see which of us are staying!
Quick get everyone's number before we all lose contact
^ ahaha. I agree with bikey. It's the same thing with Y2K and all of that. heart Nicola! I never see her around.
Quote by nicola
http://news.cnet.com/2100-1034_3-6237715.html

U.S. telecommunications giant AT&T has claimed that, without investment, the Internet's current network architecture will reach the limits of its capacity by 2010.

Some of us are going to have to leave, sorry.

does this mean i can no longer wish you a good day and take care note? NOOOOO!!
LMAO...Just like Y2K...the panic that caused...and zip, nothing...go figure
I can take the buxom blow-up doll and Female Flight Attendant Directory out of my LushLocker, to save space.

Will that help?
Quote by roccotool
I can take the buxom blow-up doll and Female Flight Attendant Directory out of my LushLocker, to save space.

Will that help?

Is that all you're willing to remove? Because i don't think that'll save us. LOL
"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"
"Nil satis nisi optimum. (Nothing but the best will do.)"
"I hate it when things don't go my way. It makes me so...horny." - Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kathryn, Cruel Intentions)
"Sex is just alone time with someone else there." - Taint on The Lex And Terry Show, 11/11/09
"Stupidity isn't a crime, so you're free to go."
"I am The Devil, too. There can only be one devil. One of us must go." - Ozzy Osbourne at the end of his cover of "Sympathy For The Devil"
"Your ego is not your amigo." - Nikki Sixx, The Heroin Diaries
"It's my world. I'm just letting you live here." - Mandy, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Quote by roccotool

Will that help?

Let me help too ... I'll pack up all the beer, roses, hugs and kisses and my Uncle John's Bathroom Readers posts from my Lush Locker to save more space.
Holy F'ing sh*t... The internet is dying, the planet is warming... I'm getting off the planet if I find out the sky is falling too!

paranormal • erotic • romance
www.forlorn-hope.net
Sounds like a software company I had to deal with in 99 hey tried to sell us an upgrade that we *needed* cause of the Y2K bullshit and they said the date wouldn't change on the program well shit we faked it ahead changed the comps clock well shit wouldn't ya know it how many people wasted 600 bucks on a stupid upgrade not more than 6 months after the company folded lmao.
It reminds me of the time in London they were running out of telephone numbers.

It was a massive issue, British Telecom were at odds and hired a thinktank to solve the issue. They ended up adding a "1" after the "0" to all area codes. Genius! (£40m Consulting Fee please)
Quote by nicola
It reminds me of the time in London they were running out of telephone numbers.

It was a massive issue, British Telecom were at odds and hired a thinktank to solve the issue. They ended up adding a "1" after the "0" to all area codes. Genius! (£40m Consulting Fee please)

Got the same problem going on here to.
Just plug in a few more modems can't they?
So how will we pick who gets to stay and who has to leave?
If the internet is dying..omg. I can't jerk off anymore..I need to get..a..*gulps* GIRLFRIEND!