Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

New President

last reply
6 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Do you guys know who Mitt Romney is? I was like getting a shitload of emails from his camp or whatever. I am not into politics too much. I had to be rude to get them to stop. Apparently he is a candidate for presidency. He is a republican who used to be a Massachussettes governor. I am not really into politics or whatever. But what do you guys think? Like, I will vote for whoever can lower the gas prices....lol.mnIyjpnHu5mmVvHg
Hey, the link says he's a Mormon, they have a very good reputation for not stealing and not lying - I wonder how he ever made it anywhere in USA politics with a reputation like that. It'd be a hell of a shock to have someone like that in the Oval office. But hey, as an Aussie, it's not my problem.

Re the lower gas prices, want to pay less to move your vehicle, buy solar, that's the only way you won't be paying more as the days go by.
Aren't the mormons the people with lots of wives and shit?
I've actually read a bit about them. In biblical times men were allowed to have as many wives as they could comfortably keep in a suitable life style. At one time in history, the main membership of the LDS Church (Mormons is the slang term for them) were living in a state where there were no laws on marriage, and they had a lot of widows and orphans on hand - thanks to religious persecution by certain elements of the USA state governmental system and the USA civil war. So the church leaders approved them to have as many wives as they could keep properly fed and clothed. The majority of the extra wives were the widows. The USA federal government started persecuting them for that, they later retracted that approval by the church. Their church doctrine is now the members are allowed as many wives as is permitted under the local laws. It's been over 100 years since they made that change. There is a spin off group that didn't agree with the change to meet local laws - they're called the Reformed Mormon Church, I think there are a couple of others but don't know their names.

The first proper road over the Rockies was built by Mormons wanting to reach their settlement at Salt Lake City Utah. When gold was discovered at Sutter's Mill, the Mormons were the only contract workers who stayed and kept to their contracts with Sutter, he later went on record saying they were the only truly honest workers he ever found.

Funny that the multiple wife approval only lasted for a few decades, and that was over 100 years ago, yet it's the first (and often only) thing most USA people know about them. When they arrived in Utah it was a desert wasteland. Their previous settlement was an unwanted swamp, until they drained it an built a nice town with a good port there, then others moved in from nearby and forced them out - they used religious differences to justify killing people and burning their houses. You should check their web site www.lds.org or do a Google, you'd be surprised about what you learn. Overall, they're oftn better than most other Christian groups - as a group.

I have a lovely CD of Christmas songs by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, it's brilliant.
ok deadly...a little more info than I wanted....lol. A yes or no would have been sufficient.....thanks though.
Better to give more info than not enough.

When I started to research what they did in the USA, I found it interesting that the USA - founded by people seeking religious freedom seems to have indulged in worse religious persecution than it's founders suffered. The Mormons aren't the only ones persecuted in the USA during the 18th and 19th century - look up the history on the Puritans, Amish, - oh basically any church not Roman Catholic, Church of England, Baptist or Methodist got persecuted in the USA; despite what the USA Constitution and Bill of Rights say.