Need some help here.....

last reply
17 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Ok I didnt know where else to post this, but I need some PC help....seems that everytime we try to watch videos on my computer they start and stop. Start and stop. Start and, well you get the idea. I know there are alot of pc junkies in this site, so hopefully someone can help me. It just started doing this not long ago. We can watch the whole video but its irritating. Its kinda like its pausing, and then it starts again. Any ideas??
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
I'm no expert on that stuff at all, but it sounds like your CPU or RAM is too small, and struggling to keep up with the video. I'd say an upgrade might be necessary.
Also, you might have another program or task running, which is using a lot of the CPU, making it struggle with the video. Try closing out anything else that may be running during the vid.
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
Pixie

Are you talking about downloaded videos or does your computer have a DVD player? Some computer DVD players don't play all discs very well. If it's downloaded stuff you're trying to watch, it could definitely be a RAM issue.

You might also try getting rid of programs or files you don't use that could be clogging up your PC. Anything that is slowing down your computer could cause your video player to run slowly too, which causes that stop and start stuff....which is VERY annoying.

Finally, if you are streaming video, your computer may not be buffering fast enough to keep your video playing. That would be a connection speed issue.

Not sure if any of that helps you.

Tech Goddess

Dirty Talk Competition story: His Voice

New Mac & Grace story: Boardrooms & Boudoirs - Part Three -Chapters 9-12

The Last Dance - Part 4 & Part 5

The Last Dance is a love story, but not your ordinary love story. I’d love for people to check it out. Thanks! 🥰

New short story: Under The Doctor's Desk

New micro: Another Man’s Wife

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If as you say you had no problems before, then Rocco and Tech are correct. You have added programs that running in the background. Things like Yahoo msg. or MSN msg. Go to 'START' then click on 'Run'. Then type in 'MSCONFIG' and look at the list and click on these programs and any other that think may be running that you don't need.

Do NOT click on your anti-virsu program.

Then click OK. You will have to re start your computer.

This has helped me.

Good luck

Bat
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Oh good lord! I was so wanting an easy fix!!
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
@pixie if thats your real name

sounds like its a bandwidth issue with your net connection. best let it play, then once it has cached it on your pc, play again for flicker free enjoyment

WK
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Umm, if you noticed.....NO ONE uses their real name!! But thanks...
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
Umm, if you noticed.....NO ONE uses their real name!! But thanks...

You mean my real name isn't Tech? LOL....

The Last Dance is a love story, but not your ordinary love story. I’d love for people to check it out. Thanks! 🥰

Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Im just as sure of that Tech, as I am of dude's name being whiteknight....lol
Lurker
0 likes
LOL@Pixie
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sorry Pixie.

Bruce Wayne
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
Im just as sure of that Tech, as I am of dude's name being whiteknight....lol

anonymity is only pixel deep.

Mr W Knight
Lurker
0 likes
Bat, you're not supposed to reveal your true identity. And be sure to use the KnockOut Gas when you take someone to the Bat Cave.
Lurker
0 likes
I never fit in. I guess I need to make up a name then?

I need to find that Charlie Brown avatar and upload it....
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Good grief! LOL
Lurker
0 likes
Aw Chase, you always fit in with us.
0 likes
So Chase is your real name? I thought chase was a verb...lol.

You fit in just fine, Charlie Brown.

Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Chase
I never fit in. I guess I need to make up a name then?

I need to find that Charlie Brown avatar and upload it....

You fit in nicely to this nuthouse Chuck