last reply
145 replies
10.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by thepainter
Yes he plays the same character over and over but more importantly he's simply not an actor. Put him in a different type of movie, action or drama for instance. He'd shit bricks.
You know who's a really good young actor? Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Oh, about arty farty movies. I watched one with Ben Stiller in it last night. I'm sure no one has heard of him yeah.

yeah well I love watching shit movies and good movies..and this on looked insane and reminds me of anime almost...Yeah he hasn't played anything other that comedies but he's still young ..he'll evolve ...remember Sean Penn started out as a surfer dude and look at him now...

I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt...I always have since 3rd rock from the sun days...he was even good in GI Joe(which was the biggest load of crap movie I have ever seen)...when he revealed himself as the bad guy..fuck me

But I do have a soft spot for Michael C..he has the ability to portray such pathos sometimes...There was this scene in youth in revolt he almost made me cry...I doubt the movie studios allow him to play anything other than what makes them money
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That's why he needs to grow some balls and say no to all these type casting roles. Johnny Depp did that, he rejected some typical Hollywood roles early on after he got known with "21 Jump Street". Look where it got him.
Others like Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Ryan Gosling also grew (or already had) balls and made some excellent choices.

It's easy. Either go for the instant gratification roles or actually try to become a better actor.

And you know I love shit movies too. Just shit movies that actually try to add a little bit to the rehashed formula or that do a good job at selling the formula as reasonably fresh.
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Ace87
Two movies that I saw recently was A-team and The Karate Kid. A-team was full of actions but they also had some jokes that made the whole audience laugh. Really good movie in my opinion. The Karate Kid was even better. The kind of movie everyone could enjoy.

I haven't seen "The A-Team" movie but since both are remakes from 1980s stuff I'll have to comment. Mr-T and Dirk Benedict already complained about how much the movie the original tv series so nuff said.
I just watched "The karate kid" remake and although it's fairly slick it's an average Hollywood product. If you like cheap entertainment then by all means watch it. If you're hoping it can stand the comparison with the original then don't get your hopes up. I like Jackie Chan but the enigmatic click between him and his pupil wasn't as good or as strong as Pat Morita and his pupil.
Do I need to comment on Jaden Smith? This is exactly what's wrong with Hollywood. Let's shove a famous actor's kid down the audience's throats, they won't mind!

For me the biggest disappointment of this remake is the fact that his enemies aren't as bad ass as those Kobra Kai dudes in the original. I'm sure those awesome cheesy lines like "Sweep the leg!" and "Put him in a bodybag!" are just not appropriate to use in this day and age but they helped make the original so brilliant.

Of course I'm not objective since I grew up in the 1980s but when stale remakes of golden oldies are pumped out just to make $$$ then I simply have to speak up.

Quote by Ace87
The Last Airbender.

From what I've read on rottentomatoes and imdb this is a most horrendous reinterpretation of the animated TV-series. The fans are unanimously disappointed.
Good luck enjoying it!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by thepainter
That's why he needs to grow some balls and say no to all these type casting roles. Johnny Depp did that, he rejected some typical Hollywood roles early on after he got known with "21 Jump Street". Look where it got him.
Others like Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Ryan Gosling also grew (or already had) balls and made some excellent choices.

It's easy. Either go for the instant gratification roles or actually try to become a better actor.

And you know I love shit movies too. Just shit movies that actually try to add a little bit to the rehashed formula or that do a good job at selling the formula as reasonably fresh.

Let's hope he does...
Lurker
0 likes
The new Shrek movie wasnt too bad, the first one is still the best in my book though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jillicious
ah painter, why do you got to be so negative?

Because I think it's a waste of money and time to make and watch average movies. I fully understand most people just want to be entertained when going to the movies. That's fine, even I like to be entertained every once in a while. But Hollywood has turned into a stale industry which ran out of ideas and the current remake wave isn't going to stop anytime soon.
As a movie lover this just saddens me and is the source of my negativity.

Btw, anyone seen the new "Toy Story" yet? I've heard good things about it so kinda excited about it. Pixar can do no wrong imo!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by thepainter
Quote by Jillicious

Because I think it's a waste of money and time to make and watch average movies. I fully understand most people just want to be entertained when going to the movies. That's fine, even I like to be entertained every once in a while. But Hollywood has turned into a stale industry which ran out of ideas and the current remake wave isn't going to stop anytime soon.

Btw, anyone seen the new "Toy Story" yet? I've heard good things about it so kinda excited about it. Pixar can do no wrong imo!

Im seeing it this coming week, so excited!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Necho
Quote by thepainter
Quote by Jillicious

Im seeing it this coming week, so excited!

The new toy story is great. Much better then the second one, but if you didn't see the other two you will miss out on a few jokes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Ace87

A-team was full of actions but they also had some jokes that made the whole audience laugh. Really good movie in my opinion. The Karate Kid was even better. The kind of movie everyone could enjoy

I agree that A-team had some funny moments, but I would never classify it as a really good movie. There wasn't much to the plot, acting or script which in my opinion is part of what makes a "really good" movie.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I knew I had good reasons to like you rxtales!
Lurker
0 likes
I havent seen the other two in years! I wonder if my memory will kick in...
Lurker
0 likes
I used to love Lovecraft when I was young. This looks great fun. Not sure what the hardcore Mythos Bros will make of it.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just watched the following brilliant movie which pretty much had everything I love in the cinematic artform:

I'm sure it will be considered too slow/boring/vague/pretentious by the grey masses.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by thepainter
I just watched the following brilliant movie which pretty much had everything I love in the cinematic artform:

I'm sure it will be considered too slow/boring/vague/pretentious by the grey masses.

Thanks for that Painter, I'll certainly be watching that one.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
I'm going to go watch predators this Friday (in the USA) I was a big fan of the first one with arnold and the second one wasn't bad either. The Aliens vs. Predators movies that came out a few years ago were total shit though and I was worried that they killed these two beloved franchises.

The trailers for this new one look good though.

Decent budget + fanboy director + jungle planet + good actors should = good movie.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I saw Eclipse this past Saturday afternoon and Grown-Ups Monday morning. Both were actually better than I expected.
"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"
"Nil satis nisi optimum. (Nothing but the best will do.)"
"I hate it when things don't go my way. It makes me so...horny." - Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kathryn, Cruel Intentions)
"Sex is just alone time with someone else there." - Taint on The Lex And Terry Show, 11/11/09
"Stupidity isn't a crime, so you're free to go."
"I am The Devil, too. There can only be one devil. One of us must go." - Ozzy Osbourne at the end of his cover of "Sympathy For The Devil"
"Your ego is not your amigo." - Nikki Sixx, The Heroin Diaries
"It's my world. I'm just letting you live here." - Mandy, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Saw Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time Saturday night.....What a letdown.
"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"
"Nil satis nisi optimum. (Nothing but the best will do.)"
"I hate it when things don't go my way. It makes me so...horny." - Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kathryn, Cruel Intentions)
"Sex is just alone time with someone else there." - Taint on The Lex And Terry Show, 11/11/09
"Stupidity isn't a crime, so you're free to go."
"I am The Devil, too. There can only be one devil. One of us must go." - Ozzy Osbourne at the end of his cover of "Sympathy For The Devil"
"Your ego is not your amigo." - Nikki Sixx, The Heroin Diaries
"It's my world. I'm just letting you live here." - Mandy, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Predators was pretty good. They used a reworked version of the original score which I liked. It had some decent action and some interesting characters. There was some dumb parts but overall it was a good addition to the predator franchise. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I watched "Killers" with Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl and it was bad. Don't watch unless you want to weep in agony.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by thepainter
I watched "Killers" with Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl and it was bad. Don't watch unless you want to weep in agony.

You paid money to watch a movie staring Ashton kutcher? I'm disappointed in you Painter.
Lurker
0 likes
Ashton Kutcher has the best movie agent in the business. That's about the only good thing I can say about him.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I didn't pay felix. I'm unemployed so I tend to grab my movies uhm.... elsewhere.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just saw the "A-Team" remake. Not as horrible as I feared but okay popcorn movie.
Next up is "Repo men" which also seems to be mediocre as hell. Suits the hot summer night perfectly!
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Technically not first released in 2010 the two Mesrine films are finally being released in the USA by music box home entertainment. If you like gangster movies, biopics, French cinema or Vincent Cassel you should check them out.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Just saw inception. I thought it was pretty awesome. I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Just saw inception. I thought it was pretty awesome. I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10.

I have heard that from a few people - and now, it's on my list to go to .....

I will report back!

Van
Lurker
0 likes
I won't even look at Repo Men because the movie fans at Rotten Tomatoes gave it a paltry 48% (splat).

A-Team was good escapist fare.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm going to watch Toystory 3 in 3D in an hour(grins)
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Anyone who was in their late teens to late 20's in 1986, should see Hot Tub Time Machine. It's been awhile since I constantly laughed so hard, so often.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Anyone who was in their late teens to late 20's in 1986, should see Hot Tub Time Machine. It's been awhile since I constantly laughed so hard, so often.

Guess I was way too young then.
Saw it and it was an okay movie.

Loved "Toy Story 3" and loved "Inception", though I'd give it an 8 for the time being.
Saw "Repo Men" because it find a way onto my HD, was okay.

Watched 6 movies at the cinema with hb74 since we had some time to kill and the fee was very low (3 euro per ticket).
"Toy Story 3" and "Inception" were the best of the batch and definitely recommended.
The other 4:
-Shanghai: decent
-Predators: decent
-Salt: cool
-Sorcerer's apprentice: decent