Mammoths Wiped Out By Meteors

last reply
5 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
How come they were supposedly wiped out by it, but then new tissue was found to have grown over the shrapnel on their tusks? I still don't buy this whole meteor impact scenario.

And if everything was wiped out and Darwinian theory is correct, then did the planet have to start from amoeba stage again after billions of years of evolution?

Intelligent people want to know the answers!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Couldn't have been a meteor, surely?
Let's be reasonable here - isn't Al Gore(y) and his cohort telling us the only way the earth's temperature can rise is because of cars, power stations and cows farting?
Couldn't possibly be because of a natural cycle or a natural event.
The ice age obviously ended because of all the fridges and air conditioners around at the time causing global warming.

I often wonder at the collective intelligence of the human race.
We have a group of scientists expounding THEORIES, not facts. And far too many are prepared to hop on the wagon with the latest fad.
Sort of reminds of the doomsday predictions about the Y2K bug. (falls off chair laughing)

The same scientists who cannot tell us with any reasonable degree of accuracy, what the weather will be tomorrow, let alone next week, are telling us they KNOW what the temperature will be in 10, 15 or 20 years time.
Pardon me if I have to scoff here for a short while...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The best theory that I've read is:

A large meteorite did hit the earth, it caused a firestorm that swept the planet. After the majority of the foliage was burnt out, there wasn't enough food to sustain the large land based herbivores and the land based carnivores that fed off them. All the little ones, about the size of a dog or so were able to survive by taking shelter and also because they didn't need such large amounts of vegetation - they could live off the small bits left close to the ground and in small hard to get places. These smaller animals grew larger over the centuries, as the food sources grew back.
Lurker
0 likes
I think that's the general opinion of the scientists after examining the tusks, Deadly.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Could it be another desperate need by academics to publish - ANYTHING? And surely relative to the dinosaurs, 13,000 years is a blink of an eye.

Come back Erich Van Daniken all is forgiven.