It was before my time, BUT

last reply
179 replies
7.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
234 years ago, Protestors shut down the court in Springfield, Massachusetts starting the Shay's Rebellion

106 years ago, the Federal Trade Commission was established (proving Big government is nothing new!)

72 years ago, singer Olivia Newton-John was born in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Meagan
Head Penguin
0 likes
On 12th September 1989 my parents got jiggy and little Danny was on the way.

My Mum still has the diary!

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by DanielleX
On 12th September 1989 my parents got jiggy and little Danny was on the way.

My Mum still has the diary!

The idea is that the event is related to the current date.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Head Penguin
0 likes
Quote by noll

The idea is that the event is related to the current date.

Oh. There's nothing in the subject that implies that.

*Consults DannielleX's Lush T&Cs*

My post stands.

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Unfuckwithable
0 likes
1939 - Germany occupies Warsaw as Poland falls to Germany and the Soviet Union.

1964 - The Warren Commission, investigating the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, issues its report, stating its conclusion that Lee Harvey Oswald was the sole gunman.
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
0 likes
Quote by DanielleX

Oh. There's nothing in the subject that implies that.

*Consults DannielleX's Lush T&Cs*

My post stands.

The OP does state "51 years ago today, …", but I agree that can be interpreted in different ways. I just think it's more fun to stick to the current date. And I believe most posters have done so too.

Anyway, your post surely stands. It did happen, even though there's no way for others to check it. But since you are here at least the main premise must be correct

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by noll

The OP does state "51 years ago today, …", but I agree that can be interpreted in different ways. I just think it's more fun to stick to the current date. And I believe most posters have done so too.

Anyway, your post surely stands. It did happen, even though there's no way for others to check it. But since you are here at least the main premise must be correct

Noll, leave Danielle alone for starters. Probably the least offensive person on the entire site...

Second of all, this entire thread shouldn't be in the Think Tank. Bread8 inadvertently, through pure stupidity, made a forum word game thread.

It was definitely not his intention... You should know this since you contributed to turning it into a joke... and now you're giving Danielle shit? smh

This whole thread is a joke. It's gone on so long that it's not even clowning on bread8 anymore. People actually think it's a forum word game... in the think tank.

It would be great if everything didn't need to be explained to you.
0 likes
58 years ago today, the Yemen Arab Republic (North Yemen) was founded. In 1990 it united with the People's Democratic Republic of Yemen (South Yemen) to form current day's Republic of Yemen.

0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Noll, leave Danielle alone for starters. Probably the least offensive person on the entire site...

Second of all, this entire thread shouldn't be in the Think Tank. Bread8 inadvertently, through pure stupidity, made a forum word game thread.

It was definitely not his intention... You should know this since you contributed to turning it into a joke... and now you're giving Danielle shit? smh

This whole thread is a joke. It's gone on so long that it's not even clowning on bread8 anymore. People actually think it's a forum word game... in the think tank.

I didn't give her shit. And yes, I agree this probably shouldn't be in the Think Tank, yet here it is (EDIT: was).

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by noll

I didn't give her shit. And yes, I agree this probably shouldn't be in the Think Tank, yet here it is (EDIT: was).

I'm making note that you didn't disagree with the rest, duck l'orange.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Wrongo Mr. Whiskers!

I started this thread with a link to a watershed event in the American gay experience. Now you might not give a damn or even THINK about what the Stonewall Riots meant, it turned a page, and folks who THINK about American society THINK it's important.

Tantaleyes seems to be doing a Black/Women Civil Rights theme. DO YOU EVER THINK ABOUT THEM?

I've already sent a brief TY to noll for reminding everyone that this thread gives anyone who wants to contribute something they THINK deserves THOUGHT can do it here.

And yes, It's supposed to before your time, and it's supposed to be on this day then.

If you've got nothing THOUGHTFUL to contribute, STFU and stick to ridiculing the TT Class Clown. He's an easy target.
Energizer
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Bread8

Wrongo Mr. Whiskers!

I started this thread with a link to a watershed event in the American gay experience. Now you might not give a damn or even THINK about what the Stonewall Riots meant, it turned a page, and folks who THINK about American society THINK it's important.

Tantaleyes seems to be doing a Black/Women Civil Rights theme. DO YOU EVER THINK ABOUT THEM?

I've already sent a brief TY to noll for reminding everyone that this thread gives anyone who wants to contribute something they THINK deserves THOUGHT can do it here.

And yes, It's supposed to before your time, and it's supposed to be on this day then.

If you've got nothing THOUGHTFUL to contribute, STFU and stick to ridiculing the TT Class Clown. He's an easy target.

Yeah the Stonewall Riots was an interesting topic... The way you presented it resulted in it not being discussed though.

Those rules for your forum game only became evident to you after everyone turned it into a forum game... so funny.

And now this thread is in the word games section, because that is what it is. Bread8's accidental word game.

So with that, arguments of this nature no longer belong here.

Play the game.
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Yeah the Stonewall Riots was an interesting topic... The way you presented it resulted in it not being discussed though.

Those rules for your forum game only became evident to you after everyone turned it into a forum game... so funny.

And now this thread is in the word games section, because that is what it is. Bread8's accidental word game.

So with that, arguments of this nature no longer belong here.

Play the game.

You're right that the topics aren't discussed in this thread and the format makes it more suitable for the Games section. But I kinda liked it in the Think Tank, as it mainly mentioned political events. Some of the posts made me look up the topic on Wikipedia and learn something.
Chances that I will visit the thread often now that it's moved are slim though. Maybe the Forum Games community will adopt it.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by noll

Chances that I will visit the thread often now that it's moved are slim though.

Sounds like a you problem.

September 27, 1888 – Jack The Ripper's first letter was received by London’s Central New Agency.
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Sounds like a you problem.

Not blaming anyone else.

--

On this day in 1822 Jean-François Champollion announces that he has deciphered the Egyptian hieroglyphs on the Rosetta Stone.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This day in history - 2020:
Think Tank ass-wipery leaking into another part of the forum. This is the games section. Keep your poisonous polluting petty sniping to where we can avoid it.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by dlcalguy
This day in history - 2020:
Think Tank ass-wipery leaking into another part of the forum. This is the games section. Keep your poisonous polluting petty sniping to where we can avoid it.

The entire thread should be nuked from orbit. The sandbox litterer was correct (even blind pigs can find acorns)...this was never an appropriate heavy-weight topic for something as esteemed as the part of the forum which I and others argued didn't really have a place on an erotic story forum.

But what do I know, 10 years old and still the most controversial AND popular site forum category. I never realized that people love and need internet arguing more than they enjoy fucking and talking about fucking.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Oh look, let's whine about the think tank fuckery while at the same time abandoning this thread because it is no longer in the think tank.

What a bunch of assholes you guys are.

Oct 1, 1971 - Walt Disney World Resort Opens

Walt Disney World Resort Opens in Orlando Florida, the resort opened with the Magic Kingdom theme park featuring the Cinderella Castle at it's center and has since added Epcot and the others. The project had begun way back in 1959 after the success of Disneyland in California (opened 1955), and because he did not want land speculators to realize what he was up to he bought land through dummy corporations 27,400 acres in the area. The Walt Disney World Resort is not actually in Orlando as it is outside city limits.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Oct. 3, 1955 - The Mickey Mouse Club premiered on ABC-TV.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
1962 The Beatles release their first record, "Love Me Do"
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Green Bay Packer Fan
0 likes
150 years ago today The Reno brothers carry out the first train robbery in U.S. history. They were the first to stop a moving train.