If you could do it all over again?

last reply
12 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Question or a couple of questions for anyone.

If you were given the chance to live your life over again (only one chance) from any age of your choice, would you:

1) Use the lessons learnt already and apply them for your own good (eg make different choices) and the good of others.

2) Wipe the memory banks and let nature take its course so you can experience joyous and not so joyous moments?

3) Something else, if so what?

Just curious

Quack
Rubber Ducky your the one, you make my life so much fun
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
At this point in life, I wouldn't want a chance to go back in time..... yet... (I'm only 26). I'm at peace with how I've played my life so far, and more curious about how things unfold for me in the near future than anything else.

However, I'm pretty sure, I'd love to take that gamble at some point when I'm older. If I did, I would go back to my 18th birthday and wipe the memory banks. If I tried to take the lessons-learned back with me, I think I would drive myself crazy and be unable to live in the moment and enjoy myself.

I would be curious, however, to know if I would naturally end up making the same choices I did the first time around. Interesting to see if certain things were more predestined, or just things that happened by chance that propelled me down the path I'm currently on!
Lurker
0 likes
Fuck yeah I'd go back... in a heartbeat. To be able to re-expierence the joys of youth... to be able to go back knowing what i know now. Wow, what wouldnt i change! the things you could redo. The things you could make better for both you and for others. I'd go back to being 15. So full of myself. i'd know where i was going, for once, and with whom I'd want to be there with. i know it now, but its to late. I'd take full advantage, cuz in life if you dont pay attention it slips on by...its the little things. I pay attention now.

Ill give you younger kids a free bit of advice... Go after what you want. You could blink and it would be gone. {stepping off soap box}
Lurker
0 likes
Good question Ducky. I think I would go back in time to being about 16 again, then I would skip knowing my ex and also when my mum said your doing this career, I would have more back bone to choose what I wanted. Not becasue she just wanted me in any job just because I finished school.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would go back to my teenage years. I would wait a bit longer to lose my virginity to someone else. I wouldn't have gotten knocked up by my ex, to later miscarry. Knowing what I know now, I should've listened to what my gut was telling me. I know one thing, I wouldn't make the same mistakes again!

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Lurker
0 likes
I would go back to when I was 18, and tell my mom I loved her, so she would not have done what she did. If I could have done that she would still be with me today.
Lurker
0 likes
I have one regret. But if I had a chance to do it over again, I would have to repeat the mistake for my children's sake. Without my regret, they wouldn't be here. Much as it would pain me to do it over again the same way, I really have no choice. Sometimes you just have to suffer for others to be happy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would not change one stinky thing in this life. For every awfuly crappy thing that has ever happened, there has always been some good in the aftermath.

Not a thing, no way. Things could always be worse!
Lurker
0 likes
I would like to say that I would go back and fix every bad choice I made.. but the fact is that all those choices were important in building who I am today.

But if I had to go back.. I'd only change the last decade.. my childhood and teen years were the best they could ever be and I was luckier then I knew at the time.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
I agree with others that say changing anything wouldn't be good because all of my strengths are from things that I have been through. I had another thought, not for me but for my mom. I wish she hadn't met my dad. I think about this a lot- I am my mother's child, I would be me even if the guy that raised me wasn't my Dad.

I was meant to be, and I was meant to come from her. The guy that's my dad, he just happened to donate the sperm. It's him that most of the problems have started with, and my mom died really young. What if she met some other guy? Would she still have gotten cancer and died? Would things have been better for both of us? I have to think it's possible, so my wish is for my mother, that she could have met somebody different.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
I agree with others that say changing anything wouldn't be good because all of my strengths are from things that I have been through. I had another thought, not for me but for my mom. I wish she hadn't met my dad. I think about this a lot- I am my mother's child, I would be me even if the guy that raised me wasn't my Dad.

I was meant to be, and I was meant to come from her. The guy that's my dad, he just happened to donate the sperm. It's him that most of the problems have started with, and my mom died really young. What if she met some other guy? Would she still have gotten cancer and died? Would things have been better for both of us? I have to think it's possible, so my wish is for my mother, that she could have met somebody different.

I understand that totally.. I am a momma's girl too.. my father wasn't.. well anything to me, ever in my life.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by eroticwriter26
Quote by LadyX

I understand that totally.. I am a momma's girl too.. my father wasn't.. well anything to me, ever in my life.

Mine was a jerk as well... yet I would not change that, because I would never have had an awesome stepdad. and my bio dad was a true sicko.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I must say that everyday I think damn I wish I could do this all again and not do this and that, but like others it may not make me the person I am today. It would also mean some people I have in my life may not be in my life and if I had an inkling of the prior life I had it would make me truly very sad. I would however like to go back for brief moments, like be with my mum in her last few days and tell her I loved her more, she knew I did but telling her is another thing.

So I guess my response is I would love to be able to bits differently but the whole lot......I don't know......probably not....but then if I chose the memory wipe option then would I know what I once had?

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.......
Rubber Ducky your the one, you make my life so much fun