If you could do it all over again....

last reply
27 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
In this time of year and a new beginning....looking back what is the one thing you wish you could do over to change the out come.....

For me it was hurting a very special person and it cost me dearly including losing her as a friend
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wish I didn't have that flu, where I was coughing, sore throat etc. Being left weak. Because of that I didn't bother exercising when I was getting better. And I had a big appeite.

Three months later "Welcome back Three kilos". Now I'm going to have get back into shape again.

If I got sick again, once I started to get back on the mind I would be exercising again.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Urinating on that electric fence didn't work out so well.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Ouch!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

funny, it worked well for me... of course, i am into that kind of thing!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I Could Do It All Over Again, I Would Have Had Another Drink With Lunch Today!
Lurker
0 likes
Easy! Not getting involved online!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is something I hear a lot in my work. If you have circumstances that aren't so good, like being unemployed because you slugged your boss, well, yes, that's one you'd like a re-do on. However, everything in your life that is wrong or bad as well as everything in your life that is good and wonderful are a result of the choices we've made along the way. Had I taken the first job I was offered out of school I would have moved back to California and made much more money at first. Sounds good, but then I would never have stayed here and met my husband. See where I'm going folks? It's nice to wonder what if (and I love the alternative history genre of books), but really, is your current life so bad?
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
it is human nature! for sure we all have experienced "something" we wish we could have a "do-over" - and when you see films like "sliding doors" you wonder .............. maybe, just maybe it would have been BETTER! (not worse)

or even the film "it's a wonderful life" - hailed as a brilliant story!

A London woman's love life and career both hinge, unknown to her, on whether or not she catches a train. We see it both ways, in parallel.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Probably wouldn't have gotten into politics and screw up my twenties. Now that I'll be 30 this year, I want to celebrate big and party hard!

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Lurker
0 likes
If I could do it all over again, I would've partied more during college.
Lurker
0 likes
Absolutely nothing -- I am very appreciative of where I am today!
I wonder if I were to change something in my past, or made a different decision -- would I be exactly where I am today?
I keep thinking of that scene in "Back to the Future" when McFly is watching himself and his siblings disappear from the picture because he changed the past...
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Actually, there's only one thing I wish I could change. It would be to have been a DD for a friend who lost his life drunk driving. sad
Lurker
0 likes
Like Southern Jim I've said and did some stupid things in chat that have cost me friendships and credibility. I have implemented the "10 min. rule" to avoid repeats (wait 10 min. before you send anything emotional).

Other than in the chat world, I wish I would have invested more in my musical abilities (Voice, Trumpet). I reached a certain level of proficiency, but didn't push myself to the next level - unfulfilled potential my voice coach suggested.
Lurker
0 likes
I wouldn't to do anything over again. I believe that things happen for a reason.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
...... it would be to take an extra pair of underwear!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Letting my roommate move in.
Blow off my ACT test
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Kind of dumb, but I wish I tried harder to earn better grades.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have gotten married the first or second time...was young and foolish in the first marriage, second marriage thought I really loved the guy, wrong....
Lurker
0 likes
I'm trying to think of something.. But I wouldn't do anything differently.. I believe that everything happens for a reason.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I would do twice as much in less time and end up so satisfied!!!!!
Lurker
0 likes
My ex and I tried to make a doomed marriage work for more than twenty years, each of us would have been far happier and more at home with ourselves if we had abandoned the effort years earlier.
Lurker
0 likes
I have always felt that if you had the chance to do it all over again I think we would do it all the same....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i'd say not telling a certain person a very big secret
Lurker
0 likes
I think that everything happens for a reason so I do not regret any of my actions. What I do regret is actionx I didn't take such as siezing an opportunity or spending more time with loved ones I have lost.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wouldn't have gotten married to first and second husband, would have loved to be single, but thought I needed them in my life...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wouldn't have gotten married to first and second husband, would have loved to be single, but thought I needed them in my life...