I just watched the Movie Grease.

last reply
37 replies
3.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I must say it's kind of corny, but I so love watching it. What a great musical movie from the 70's and "oh baby" Mr. Travolta was so hot. How many of you love the movie? I think it's a musical classic.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think it's pretty corny too but I do think that it is a classic, My parents like it
Clumeleon
0 likes
I love me a bit of Grease. And it has a strong feminist message...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, we have the disc and watch it several times a year. Also love American Graffitiand Saturday Night Fever!
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Autumn17
I think it's pretty corny too but I do think that it is a classic, My parents like it

Ouch! That makes me feel old. We watch it now and then.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I've only ever seen it once, when I was like 16, it's an alright film. I should watch it again see if it's different now that I'm older.
The Linebacker
0 likes
My condolences.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Buz
My condolences.

I couldn't have said it better!! I guess it could have been a Grease-Saturday Night Fever double feature so Thank God for small favors! HAHA
Lurker
0 likes
funny movie, grease 2 was terrible
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"Grease"... never heard of it.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister
"Grease"... never heard of it.

You obviously didn't see my post.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Grease is one of my absolute favorite movies. I watch it a couple of times a year, to be honest. It's one of those movies that just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, y'know? Plus, the soundtrack is awesome. I can't watch the movie at all without singing along. It's impossible.

Also: John Travolta in leather. Mmm.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
anything with john travolta is good!
Lurker
0 likes
I love that movie! If only life was really so simple!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love Grease. I have watched it so many times. And how sexy is John Travolta in it!!
The Resident Princess
0 likes
Grease is AWESOME.....one of my all time favorites.......The best slumber party movie
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When Grease first came out, I watched it and loved it of course, I was just a youngster not even a real teenager. And yes, it is very corny, I think that's just the way things go as you grow up. I also loved Xanadu...but when I watched it as an adult, it was so incredibly cheesy...the whole thing.

That being said, I do still love the music from those two movies, when I hear the songs from them, it brings back the memories of a younger and more carefree time in my life...not that I knew it back then! Perhaps when I am even older, I will look back on the music I listen to now and be reminded of how simple and carefree my life was then too! lol
Prolific Writer
0 likes
When I was a kid I absolutely loved Grease. I knew every song from it.

It is definitely old and dated now, but still a classic.

Sometimes, I may watch it and sing along.

My favorite part is the end of the movie at the carnival.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Seen it. Not my fav musical, but fun to watch none the less. Just as Danny gets his act together, Sandy goes bad girl
Site administrator
0 likes
I started to watch that years and years ago and thought it was absolute rubbish!!! never have watched it ..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you enjoyed grease, ( me too), then try the following:

Hollywood Knights
Anerican Grafitti

you'll love them too.
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I bet you didn't watch it. You just read the DVD cover and are now trying to impress us.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Lurker
0 likes
I read the DVD cover and watched it smile loved it...
Buxom Enigma
0 likes
I love the movie. It and Rent are my top two faves. I'm compelled to sing along with each and every song, and know it mostly by heart.

Quote by Emerys
Frankly, I like to pretend it doesn't even exist.

^ This. Grease 2 was an abomination. Even Frenchie's cameo appearance didn't make it any better. Ugh.
"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader - not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon." -E.L. Doctorow
Lurker
0 likes
Bubblegum does stick with age