Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How long would you want to keep an online relationship with a guy who says he loves you then does not talk to you for a week?

last reply
13 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
as a hopeless romantic I would hang around and wait on a (gal) almost forever to the point of pitifulness.
Lurker
0 likes
You aren't really giving much information to work with how long have you known him etc?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
I hate being a joykill but if he doesn't talk to you for a week and doesn't tell you beforehand why, he might of met someone or is just not that interested. To use a term from the work of Bret easton Ellis, some people are just emotional vampires.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Aw honey who was it let me know xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lurker
0 likes
I HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM!!! We started going out in Dec 08 and I recently broke up with him. When we broke up, he really just had this bad/careless/"fuck you you've never loved me" attitude. When I told him my concerns (when we were dating), all he said was that he had his life to live and that he was busy. While that had some truth, he never seemed sorry or apologized for it. My suggestion is that if he doesn't apologize for it when you bring it up to him, then waste as little time on him that you can. It'd be best.
Lurker
0 likes
Give it a little while more there could a million and one reasons why he hasnt contacted you. Internet could be down, computer broken, someones died etc etc
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
dont sit around waiting on him ..call him or pm him and ask for a simple qnswer to a simplw question... what happened?
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
He's taking "a break" without informing you first. It could be because he's trying to figure out if he wants to keep things going with you (ie. soul searching) or he could just be testing the waters with someone else, but doesn't want to break up with you until he figures out what's happening with the new girl. Some guys prefer to move from one relationship boat directly into the other, instead of getting into the water and swimming single for a while in between.

I don't mean to be harsh, but when a guy suddenly disappears without warning, something is always up, and usually it involves prolonging a decision about the status of your relationship until he figures out exactly what he wants to do.

Call him and leave one voicemail (don't do a barrage of calls/emails) and wait for his response. If he's MIA after two weeks, then time to move on... If the relationship means anything to him, he will have made contact in one way or another within those two weeks to say "hey, I'm sick, my computer exploded, I'm swamped at work, or I'm now in a witness protection program". If he doesn't, then it's time to move on.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Online or not, relationship? Always complicated because everything is situational.

When you only met online, never seen each other, and the things you know about are only things you tell to each other then foundation is really weak. It is just so hard to tell if that person is for real and sincere about you.

First, just check if the person is really into you.
Second, maybe get to know the person more and find out what is he like and all that.
Third, make things clear. It just so happen that you're set up is more difficult than real life so set things straight and tell everything.

In the first place, it should have been settled. Coz' it is all communication in a relationship.

I don't mean to be harsh, but when a guy suddenly disappears without warning, something is always up.

Lastly, I agree with something's always up when a someone needs some space. Just don't be frantically be paranoid about it or it could be bothersome for the both of you. Sometimes, there are things that are really "explain later" situations. You just gotta deal with that. But if things get to be shaky then there's nothing wrong with asking but ask right. Questions without assumptions, but only needs answers.

-----------------------------------------

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
He's taking "a break" without informing you first. It could be because he's trying to figure out if he wants to keep things going with you (ie. soul searching) or he could just be testing the waters with someone else, but doesn't want to break up with you until he figures out what's happening with the new girl. Some guys prefer to move from one relationship boat directly into the other, instead of getting into the water and swimming single for a while in between.

I don't mean to be harsh, but when a guy suddenly disappears without warning, something is always up, and usually it involves prolonging a decision about the status of your relationship until he figures out exactly what he wants to do.

Call him and leave one voicemail (don't do a barrage of calls/emails) and wait for his response. If he's MIA after two weeks, then time to move on... If the relationship means anything to him, he will have made contact in one way or another within those two weeks to say "hey, I'm sick, my computer exploded, I'm swamped at work, or I'm now in a witness protection program". If he doesn't, then it's time to move on.

Thank you Dancing Doll, your post just made clikck in my brain and it did put some of mine doubts in order..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Don't worry about it. Let it ride go, with the flow if he's worth it and make sure to have a few extra on the side for back up!
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The OP hasn't logged into lush for 2 weeks now.
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Lurker
0 likes
If it is that long then there better be a good reason..if not move on you deserve better...for myslef I can't stand going a day without talking to my love