last reply
15 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
Hair salon scalps customers
Mon Apr 7, 2008 12:41pm EDT

BEIJING (Reuters) - A Chinese hair salon has been shut down and fined 500,000 yuan ($71,280) for holding two customers hostage and charging wildly excessive fees for haircuts, a newspaper reported on Monday.

College students Zhang Yi and Yuan Sha Sha went for a haircut at Baolou International Beauty Salon in Zhengzhou, in the central province of Henan, expecting to pay the 38 yuan ($5.42) advertised on the window.

But when the barbers were done, they produced a joint bill for 12,000 yuan ($1,700), enough to make anyone's hair curl, the Beijing News reported.

"After borrowing from 16 people, the two were only able to come up with 9,800 yuan and it wasn't until after 10 pm were they allowed to leave the hair salon," it reported.

It was not the first time that the shop tried to cheat consumers. One was slapped with a bill for 4,776 yuan when she came in for a haircut last September. In December, another customer opted for a 68 yuan haircut, but was asked to pay 5,670 yuan.

The shop was eventually shut down with nearly 100 local residents applauding outside, the newspaper said.
Matriarch
This story is a cut above the norm
Lurker
This one cuts to the chase, doesn't it?
Matriarch
I'll make it into a permalink
Lurker
Well, I do hate to split hairs over things...
Matriarch
Stories like these do have fringe benefits.
Lurker
You always cut things down to size.
Matriarch
It's a snip finding analogies for this thread
Lurker
This thread is shear delight.
Matriarch
Your reply highlights the issues involved.M7or6MfiFq04FdKV
Lurker
Looks like the place was shut down perm-anently.
Matriarch
Like this thread should be!

We don't want a split end though.
Active Ink Slinger
You 2 need to brush up on your posting skills
Lurker
I like to comb over this fun place.
Flutterby Pharie
CUT it out!! LOL
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
Would that be a crew cut, fuzz cut, poodle cut, or PIXIE?