Have you ever taken advice from a song?

last reply
17 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Listening to The Streets, Could Well Be In, I wondered, after listening to the following lyric "I saw on ITV the other week, that if she played with her hair, she's probably keen" it goes on to suggest that you could well be in.

Are there any songs out there that you have listened to and thought mmmm, perhaps that would work?

If you did or have, were the results positive.

As an aside, Tori Amos has just popped up and the lyric goes, "You best pray that I bleed real soon" sound advice I would have thought!
Story Verifier
0 likes
The Beatles 'The End' - "and in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"
and the Steve Miller Band 'Dance, dance, dance' - I don't know, But I've been told, If you keep on dancing, You'll never grow old"

There are more but these two remind me how to get the most out of a relationship and how to stay/feel younger.
Lurker
0 likes
I have certainly been inspired by them to keep going on and keep fighting, and there have been several over the last few years. Sometimes it is just so simple to hear the words they are telling me. Music has always been an important part of my life and my well being.
0 likes
once or twice i have because some of the lyrics speak to me and make feel the words.
Lurker
0 likes
I will use the inspiration from Bee Gees - Stayin Alive until the day I die...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by lhb1989
once or twice i have because some of the lyrics speak to me and make feel the words.

Is there anything specific?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by elitfromnorth
I will use the inspiration from Bee Gees - Stayin Alive until the day I die...

Good Call!
Clever Gem
0 likes
Of course!

"Shine on you Crazy Diamond"
Sophisticate
0 likes
Not advice, but certainly songs have become thematic of moments and times in my life. I am taken back there whenever I hear them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I find the Godfather of Soul usually provides sage advice...

...just remember to give him those "funky horns"
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Not me, but I've seen hundreds (maybe an overstatement) of peope with the number *9* tattoed on the back of their necks; inspired by the song "K.O.D - Tech N9ne" : *Wanna live in my world you have to have that Tech tat; Preferably the number 9 and you gotta get it where the back of your necks at* I guess some people took that one a little seriously (or they just love him that much) Whatever the reason....Thats maddd respect!! among other things.

Me - however - well I've taken advice from alot of songs, I just can't recall any atm :L
Evil Brain Angel Heart - E.B.A.H
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
More of what we live by but thought we'd share;

For the philosophical - Chose to chance the rapids and dare to dance the tides, Garth Brooks

For the Haters - In the end they’ll judge me anyway, so whatever, Kid Cupi

How he got My ass - Behind every Beautiful thing there's some kind of pain - Bob Dylan

For fun - Well if sex is a weapon, then smash, boom, pow ,how you like me now? You can't always do it right, but you can always do whats left
So I told her I was trash, she wait till after and said I already know….I’ve got a beautiful place to put your face - Them crooked Vultures

AND FROM MY HUBBY -

Why don't we get drunk and screw, I just bought a waterbed, it's filled up for me and you - Jimmy Buffett

AND

I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung, wanna pull out your tough
'Cause you notice that butt was stuffed
Deep in the jeans she's wearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh baby, I wanna get with you
And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
But that butt you got makes me so horny
Ooh, Rump-o'-smooth-skin
You say you wanna get in my Benz?
Well, use me, use me
'Cause you ain't that average groupie
I've seen them dancin'
To hell with romancin'
She's sweat, wet,
Got it goin' like a turbo 'Vette
I'm tired of magazines
Sayin' flat butts are the thing
Take the average black man and ask him that
She gotta pack much back
So, fellas! (Yeah!) Fellas! (Yeah!)
Has your girlfriend got the butt? (Hell yeah!)
Tell 'em to shake it! (Shake it!) Shake it! (Shake it!)
Shake that healthy butt!
Baby got back!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can't really say I have used particular rhymes or whole song as an advise. When I do listen to some songs that have had an impact on me, I'm brought back to a certain state of mind. As a result of this, at times I actually use them for that purpose.. as a example, when I need to be brought back to earth and in a peaceful state and to reconsider what's really important, I may listen to The Trapezee Swinger. As I have opposite songs when I need to be alert or creative.

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There was that one time that I "got my booty on the floor.."

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Lurker
0 likes
I wonder if I'm the odd ball, I've never thought to take advice from a song.

Some lyrics are really good and I just like figuring out their meaning smile
Lurker
0 likes
Yes. Listen to my friends by new found glory.