Flying..who loves it, who is terrified of it

last reply
247 replies
24.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's not the fare of flying...more like the fare of crashing.

Life is not a rehearsal!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I used to love it when in school but as the travel gets frequented it feels like more of a fatigue than enjoyment... Crossed the Atlantic more than 20 times including a flight from New York to Dubai... Experienced over a dozen airlines but these days I only enjoy Airbus-380 Business Class in Emirates, which is an amazing luxury coupled with best passenger care I've experienced.
I like the way you make me feel even when I'm nowhere near...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am not a great fan of flying but have to do it often to meet my family.
Lurker
0 likes
Personally, I like how quickly you can get places by flying but aside from that I don't like it. I am always worried that I'll get lost, miss flight, get on the wrong flight, loss my baggage and even once on the plane, I am nervous about the possiblity of bad weather causing a crash landing.
Chuckanator
0 likes
As both a former military pilot and private pilot I get nervous with someone else at the controls. But... I’m that way in a car also. Statistics show flying is the safest way of traveling.

I often think how the people of the nineteenth century would view us with our microwave food, advanced technology and portable communication devices. Always in a hurry. Jet travel fits us perfectly. But... I think somewhere along the line there is a price to pay for the rapid paced lifestyle.

Oh, the thread was about flying. Yeah it can be scary I suppose.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
All flights overseas from Australia are generally 12hours+. LA 12.London 23.
Providing I am in Business then I don't mind. If I didn't like it I would not have seen the world already.
The choice of airline can make a big difference.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I use air travel fairly often for work and a decent amount of time for personal needs. In the last six years I've had close to thirty layovers in Denver alone but I'm sure that there are many out there that are easily beating my numbers. I used to be intimidated by planes, especially during takeoff, landing, and turbulance, but now I pretty much sleep though all of it. I think it just depends on how familiar one is with the process and how much faith they have in the pilots and equipment so I can totally understand a newcomer being extremely uncomfortable. Regardless, it's undeniably enjoyable to look out that window at 30,000' and get existential no matter who you are.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've flown around quite a bit in my life, it does not bother me at all. Never got why it scares people.