Favourite lyrics in song?

last reply
6 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What are your favourite lyrics in any song? Doesn't have to be put in any particular criteria: Can be something that makes you laugh, cry, sing along to etc.

Mine are probably
"It was not your fault but mine, and it was your heart on the line, I really fucked it up this time, didn't I my dear?"

That being in Little Lion man by Mumford & Sons
Don't know whether this will take off, but fuck it, you only live once and I'm curious to see if it's just me with favourite lyrics.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't wanna be your friend
I wanna fuck you like I'm never gonna see you again
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It may be raining, but there's a rainbow above you.
You better let somebody love you... before it's too late.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As I sit here and slowly close my eyes
I take another deep breath
And feel the wind pass through my body
I'm the one in your soul
Reflecting the light
Protect the ones who hold you
Cradling your inner child

I need serenity
In a place where I can hide
I need serenity
Nothing changes, days go by

Where do we go when we just don't know
And how do we relight the flame when it's cold
Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing
And when will we learn to control

Tragic visions slowly stole my life
Tore away everything
Cheating me out of my time
I'm the one who loves you
No matter wrong or right
And every day I hold you
I hold you with my inner child

I need serenity
In a place where I can hide
I need serenity
Nothing changes, days go by

I need serenity [x2]
"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"
"Nil satis nisi optimum. (Nothing but the best will do.)"
"I hate it when things don't go my way. It makes me so...horny." - Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kathryn, Cruel Intentions)
"Sex is just alone time with someone else there." - Taint on The Lex And Terry Show, 11/11/09
"Stupidity isn't a crime, so you're free to go."
"I am The Devil, too. There can only be one devil. One of us must go." - Ozzy Osbourne at the end of his cover of "Sympathy For The Devil"
"Your ego is not your amigo." - Nikki Sixx, The Heroin Diaries
"It's my world. I'm just letting you live here." - Mandy, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Lurker
0 likes
heard this old favourite this evening .... images of a summer day long ago, barefoot and early in the morning on a dew covered deck with my partner ....

When my soul was in the lost-and-found
You came along to claim it
I didn't know just what was wrong with me
Till your kiss helped me name it

Van
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Song Lyric Quotes I Like

Red, red hot black and blue, red red hot I’d like to melt inside of YOU! - Red Hot, Black and Blue by Kix

Nothing you could confess could make me love you less – I’ll Stand by You by the Pretenders

If you want to I can save you I can take you away from here – All You Wanted by Michelle Branch

Boy I want, want, want what you want, want, want. Give it to me baby like boom, boom, boom. – Rude Boy by Rihanna

Comparisons are easily done, once you have had a taste of perfection – Thinking of You by Katy Perry

From the very first time I set eyes on you my heart said follow through – I Don’t Want To Wait In Vain For You Love by Bob Marley

I recognize the way you make me feel it’s hard to think you might not be real – Everywhere by Michelle Branch

They want my treasure so they get their pleasure from my photo. You can see me you can’t squeeze me, I ain’t easy, I ain’t sleazy. I got reasons why I tease’em boys just come and go like seasons. – Fergalicios by Fergie

Baby boy not a day goes by without my fantasies. I think about you all the time, I see you in my dreams. – Baby Boy by Beyonce

Well you done done me and you bet I felt it. I tried to stay chill but you’re so hot that I melted. – I’m Yours by Jason Mraz

Good love is all you need but you don’t want to know cold blood is all you bleed. When it cools off you heat it when it gets hot you freeze it! – Cold Blood by Kix
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!