Login

Ex-Italian President: Intel Agencies Know 9/11 An Inside Job

last reply
5 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
Former Italian President and the man who revealed the existence of Operation Gladio Francesco Cossiga has gone public on 9/11, telling Italy's most respected newspaper that the attacks were run by the CIA and Mossad and that this was common knowledge amongst global intelligence agencies.

Cossiga was elected President of Italian Senate in July 1983 before being winning a landslide 1985 election to become President of the country in 1985.

Cossiga gained respect from opposition parties as one of a rare breed - an honest politician - and led the country for seven years until April 1992.

Cossiga's tendency to be outspoken upset the Italian political establishment and he was forced to resign after revealing the existence of, and his part in setting up, Operation Gladio - a rogue intelligence network under NATO auspices that carried out bombings across Europe in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Gladio's specialty was to carry out what they coined "false flag operations," terror attacks that were blamed on their domestic and geopolitical opposition.

Cossiga's revelations contributed to an Italian parliamentary investigation of Gladio in 2000, during which evidence was unearthed that the attacks were being overseen by the U.S. intelligence apparatus .

In March 2001, Gladio agent Vincenzo Vinciguerra stated, in sworn testimony, "You had to attack civilians, the people, women, children, innocent people, unknown people far removed from any political game. The reason was quite simple: to force ... the public to turn to the state to ask for greater security."

Cossiga's new revelations appeared last week in Italy's oldest and most widely read newspaper, Corriere della Sera. Below appears a rough translation.
"[Bin Laden supposedly confessed] to the Qaeda September [attack] to the two towers in New York [claiming to be] the author of the attack of the 11, while all the [intelligence services] of America and Europe ... now know well that the disastrous attack has been planned and realized from the CIA American and the Mossad with the aid of the Zionist world in order to put under accusation the Arabic Countries and in order to induce the western powers to take part ... in Iraq [and] Afghanistan."

Cossiga first expressed his doubts about 9/11 in 2001, and is quoted in Webster Tarpley's book as stating that "The mastermind of the attack must have been a sophisticated mind, provided with ample means not only to recruit fanatic kamikazes, but also highly specialized personnel. I add one thing: it could not be accomplished without infiltrations in the radar and flight security personnel.

Coming from a widely respected former head of state, Cossiga's assertion that the 9/11 attacks were an inside job and that this is common knowledge amongst global intelligence agencies is highly unlikely to be mentioned by any establishment media outlets, because like the hundreds of other sober ex-government, military, air force professionals, allied to hundreds more professors and intellectuals - he can't be sidelined as a crackpot conspiracy theorist.

Source

Lurker
Darn, Bin Laden won't like hearing this. [smilie=co
Active Ink Slinger
This sounds a like a load of bullsheet. I've no doubt that certain members of the CIA are capable of carrying out such acts, except for the fact the CIA has no idea of operational security. This fellow is saying that the CIA organised a group of bombings in the 1960s and no one knew about them until the 1990s - yeah, get real. The CIA is the same organisation that got caught out while still trying to smuggle drugged cigars to Havana. Originally CIA stood for Central Intelligence Agency, for the last 40 years it's stood for Combined Idiots Association. Oh, it's starting to get a bit better now, but nothing as good as would be required to do what this Italian turkey dressing claims. Gladio was a plan for activities like those carried out by the resistance during WW2 should the Warsaw pack countries over run Italy, no actual evidence they actually did anything beyond planning. see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladio

During the 1980s the CIA organised for a USA Special Forces rescue of some hostages in the middle east, the SF guys did their thing well, but the CIA intelligence was so far up the spout, the whole operation was a washout and a loss of life.

Mossad is one of the best intelligence organisations in the world, and they are more than capable of doing what's said in this article and maintaining tight security during it - they're so good, that if they were involved, there would be NO evidence that any operation was ever mounted by anyone.

The various types of undercover intel operations, other than information gathering, are a 'black operation' - you do something in a manner that is totally deniable and can't be traced to you. These are very effective, and the CIA can organise some reasonably well. Next is a 'cover operation' - you do something while making it look like something else - CIA are passable at this. Then you can try a 'false flag operation' - the last truly successful false flag ops were conducted by the KGB; the best way to run these is to infiltrate an organisation and point them at the target you want hit. The last and more successful is what some call a 'painted flag operation' - you organise something or pick up on something another group has done, and develop a false cover that makes it look like someone else's false flag operation, so that those you want to cause trouble for get blamed for the other operation which they had nothing to do with - the Italian Mafia is extremely good at this, some of the best in the world.

Oh, they CIA is partly to blame for 9/11, after all, they did provide Bin Laden with a lot of his early training and support to fight the Russians - just as they did for Sadam Hussein.
Matriarch
Are you ex-military Deadly?

I believe it was the British Intelligence agency MI5 who trained Bin Laden, although I could be wrong.

I do love a good conspiracy theory
Active Ink Slinger
I spent some most of the 1990s working with the Australian Dept of Defence as a civilian employee - just a pen pusher.

My understanding was that it was ht CIA who recruited Bin Laden and gave him some training, they alter sought help from the UK and got some sort of help, not sure exactly what it was the Brits did, but I do remember thinking it sounded like they sent a couple of SAS instructors over to train some troops for him. To me, this is a classic case of 'My enemy's enemy, not being a good enough reason to help them.'

Look what's happened every time the western powers have taken someone on board as help a they were the enemy of their enemy - WW2 accepted the USSR and helped them, got the cold war. Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein to fight the Russians - now look at it.

Us Aussies accepted help from the USA and now it's the USA corporate run government trying to screw us over to help their own big business. Ahhggh. If the majority of the USA citizens weren't nice people, we could get a tad upset about it.

Ah yes, a good conspiracy theory never lets the known and proven facts interfere with it. I like the ones where people list a bunch of music stars and claims they were offed by the CIA without the security being breached - yet the CIA couldn't get Castro, even when they had two of his inner staff helping them.