Blow Jobs?

last reply
28 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
I wasn't sure where to post this, and then I saw the Pub is for hanging out, which you have to do, I think, for a blowjob.

So, once, I asked a mate why a blowjob is called a blow job, was it because you're meant to blow up his little hole? And she said nooooo, if you do that, he gets airbubbles in his blood and dies.

So then, I thought to myself, is it called a blowjob because you're meant to take him out of your mouth and blow along his shaft a bit?

Or, is it called a blowjob because he blows his load after you suck him?

I've learned a lot since being here, but I still don't know this most basic of things.bmxyt1JtlVjS4Zgz

Please help me. The Sexy Fairies will kiss your Happy Bits if you do.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
I dont know either!
Lurker
0 likes
If you suck a flaccid cock and it fills with blood you have by all intents and purposes blown up the cock.....

Demonstrations are available......[-o<

Id
Lurker
0 likes
I'm not sure either.

I've always suspected that the etymology of the term is one of those bits of information lost to the ages.

If somebody has a solid answer, I look forward to hearing it. If not, I look forward to the theories to come.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I did a little research.

From Dictionary of Contemporary Slang:

“This term, now widespread in English-speaking countries, spread from the USA in the 1960s. A puzzling misnomer to many, to blow in this context is probably a euphemism for ejaculate, a usage occasionally recorded in the 1950s. This may itself be influenced by the there she blows of whaling cliche. An alternative and equally plausible derivation of blow job is from the black jazz musicians hip talk expression blow meaning play (an instrument). This term probably caught on in Britain and Australia simply because there was no well-known alternative in existence.(1)”

…and…

From the Maven’s Word of the Day:

“This question has been asked by absolutely everyone I know. And for all the wondering we’ve done about why anyone would give the act of fellatio such a misleading sobriquet, there has been little written about it. There are, however, two well-argued schools of thought.

One explanation ties the phrase to the jazz slang blow meaning ‘to play an instrument’. From there you get the semantic connection of working a tool with some skill, presumably involving the mouth, and there you go.

The second school of thought proposes that the blow in blow job indicates the climax, and is also related to the expression “to blow off steam.” Although the phrase blow job dates only from the 1940s, there is a reference to blowing (someone) off, roughly equivalent to the modern phrase “getting (someone) off,” in David W. Maurer’s 1939 glossary, Prostitutes and Criminal Argots.”

There are many other competing folk etymologies for this phrase, but these at least seemed to ring true to us.

edit: heres another possibility.

According to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_Sex#Fe…
"The common slang term blow-*** is a misnomer, as blowing is not normally part of fellatio. In fact, blowing air into a partner's penis is an unhealthy practice. It is most commonly thought to be a facetious use of "blow" as the opposite of "suck". It has been suggested to be a corruption of "below-job", below as in below the waist, allegedly an old Victorian slang term that was commonly used to describe the act. However, there is a third school of thought that believes the word "blow" in "blow-***" indicates the climax of the penis (compare to blowing of a volcano). The phrase "blow-***" originated in the 1940's;[7] at the time, it was also used by Allied pilots as a slang term for jet aircraft.[8]"

Sounds Good To Me!!
Lurker
0 likes
Nikki wrote "However, there is a third school of thought that believes the word "blow" in "blow-***" indicates the climax of the penis (compare to blowing of a volcano). "

Hmmm i've never seen one blowing like a volcano.... must be doing it wrong!
Lurker
0 likes
sure. i like my guy to be satisfied. i just don't swallow.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
I was going to post, but then i got lost looking at Nikki's... umm... cute top *blushes*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by pixiedust
sure. i like my guy to be satisfied. i just don't swallow.

Good Grief Girl, why not? Make him drink lots of coffee and eat pineapple ahead of time, the taste can be yummy.. But if he won't kiss you right after, no more for him. LOL
kisses, amy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Bless you, Shylass... you're not the only one who's had their vocabulary considerably increased since coming here! I love it when you ask questions I'm too embarrassed to ask myself...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by amy221

Good Grief Girl, why not? Make him drink lots of coffee and eat pineapple ahead of time, the taste can be yummy.. But if he won't kiss you right after, no more for him. LOL

P.S. Coffee and pineapple?! Really???
Lurker
0 likes
I'd wager that it has something to do with the fact that his cock "blows up", due to the erection and also that he blows his load. Of course, there's always the fact that blowing is one of the many things that you can do with your mouth.

Amusing story, actually: before I knew what a blowjob was (when I was still innocent) I always knew it was some sort of sex act but I thought it was when a woman (or man) would just blow on their partner's cock and not put it in their mouth. It flummoxed me, really, until I got my first one and then it became apparent what a blowjob was but the orgign of the term blowjob has never been apparent.

I think it's just one of those crazy misnomers of our whacky English language.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Gurlyboy
I'd wager that it has something to do with the fact that his cock "blows up", due to the erection

So THAT's why the one and only guy I ever sucked told me he wasn't going to cum. He told me he didn't want to spunk on my mother's curtains, but really, he wanted his tackle in tact, not blown to smithereens by my hot, flickery-tongued mouth. I suppose I was just too good for his willy to cope with.

I heard coffee makes semen bitter, but pineapple and cinnamon make it nommy.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by T_Elle
Bless you, Shylass... you're not the only one who's had their vocabulary considerably increased since coming here! I love it when you ask questions I'm too embarrassed to ask myself...

PM me any more, I'm happy to ask.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't know and I don't care Like nike says just do it lol
Lurker
0 likes
Very interesting forum. I personally could not testify why its call a blowjob. All I know is, I really enjoy them.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

So THAT's why the one and only guy I ever sucked told me he wasn't going to cum. He told me he didn't want to spunk on my mother's curtains, but really, he wanted his tackle in tact, not blown to smithereens by my hot, flickery-tongued mouth. I suppose I was just too good for his willy to cope with.

I heard coffee makes semen bitter, but pineapple and cinnamon make it nommy.

Some guys like their cocks blown to smithereens and the way you describe it, I'd be more than happy to have mine blown to smithereens. "Hot flickery-tongued mouth"? Yes please!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by T_Elle

Its worked for me I love coffee flavoured cream, yummy! Pineapple seems to add sweetness, don't know why it doesn't seem to work as well with other sweet things.
kisses, amy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yep i love the comment...pineapple....coconut water works too. soo good that way. and i have always wonder about that word. English isnt my first language and when i heard that i was like huhhh why call it that?? odd. ^^
my newest :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm thinking cause the cock "blows" or erupts....which is a favorite of mine smile
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by T_Elle

Yes sweet thing. Amy is right. But the same is true of a woman's, you know. What you eat is going to effect your flavor. So, for example, don't eat onions before allowing your partner to linguinally explore.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
I wasn't sure where to post this, and then I saw the Pub is for hanging out, which you have to do, I think, for a blowjob.

So, once, I asked a mate why a blowjob is called a blow job, was it because you're meant to blow up his little hole? And she said nooooo, if you do that, he gets airbubbles in his blood and dies.

So then, I thought to myself, is it called a blowjob because you're meant to take him out of your mouth and blow along his shaft a bit?

I've learned a lot since being here, but I still don't know this most basic of things.8GOBCOO0YFoEhW9K

Shylassy, you are very brave, and I wanted to thank you for being that way. So many problems in the whole area of human sexuality derive form people just not knowing. You would be really be
very, very surprised at how little the average person really does know.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Tucker

Shylassy, you are very brave, and I wanted to thank you for being that way. So many problems in the whole area of human sexuality derive form people just not knowing. You would be really be
very, very surprised at how little the average person really does know.

I am the Average Need-to-Asker, then. I don't like not understanding and/or not knowing. If I know more, it means I have a better chance of writing something vaguely plausible, and I'm less likely to waste time wondering about Stuff I Don't Know.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
do not know why it is called a blowjob.I know it feels great getting one from a woman who loves,giving them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

I've learned a lot since being here, but I still don't know this most basic of things.O7XyIVlNocGJQJrz

Alas Shylass i cannot provide the definition you seek either. But thank you for reminding me of a family meal we once had during which an 85 year old auntie loudly asked my father in law across the restaurant table..."godfrey dear, what is a blowjob'. The restaurant fell silent and my father in law nearly died there and then. Priceless!

Lurker
0 likes
That is suck a great question thank you for asking it! And some really great answers: I always assumed it was just because it sounds better than a suck or lick job
Besides there is something about the word Fellatio that just doesn't sound like anything any human should be doing LOL
Thanks again for posting this question
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
dont really matter what you call it your still getting your dick sucked either way
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hmmm..a "below job" sounds good for both genders. I'm in the mood for below jobbing. I'll attribute it to my sense of nostalgia.. After all, nostalgia is a seductive liar.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by BabydollSlave
yep i love the comment...pineapple....coconut water works too. soo good that way. and i have always wonder about that word. English isnt my first language and when i heard that i was like huhhh why call it that?? odd. ^^

So what is it called in your native language (translated into English of course)