Anyone?

last reply
17 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Into heavy metal music? Anyone ever heard of Pantera?
Mr Nobody
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

Only the De Tomaso Pantera
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

Of course! "Dimebag" Darryl Abbott formed the band Pantera and they were very successful, but he subsequently left Pantera and formed the band Damage Plan. He was shot on stage by a disgruntled Pantera fan during a Damage Plan show. The fan was disgruntled because Pantera folded when Dimebag, and his drummer brother, left.
Lurker
0 likes
His brother lives about 3 minutes from my front door. We seen him yesterday and my hubs bout went apeshit! LOL
Matriarch
0 likes
I've heard of them but wouldn't recognise any in the street, let alone one of their family.

Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by bassguitarbubba
Quote by chefkathleen

Of course! "Dimebag" Darryl Abbott formed the band Pantera and they were very successful, but he subsequently left Pantera and formed the band Damage Plan. He was shot on stage by a disgruntled Pantera fan during a Damage Plan show. The fan was disgruntled because Pantera folded when Dimebag, and his drummer brother, left.

rock on bgb......
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Zafia
Quote by bassguitarbubba
Quote by chefkathleen

rock on bgb......

Thanks Zafia! Being a bassist, I take an interest in other bands and the music industry in general. It's more of a hobby, really.

Chef...The brother's name is Vinnie Paul. Of course since he's practically your next door neighbor you may know that. Did your husband chase after him?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
if you have ever seen the film "THE CROW" you would have heard some Pantera as they played a couple of tracks in that movie.

As a good introduction to the Band you should listen to Their Greatest hits Album.

I would not be able to name any of the band but the music is outstanding.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Good lord my brother in law would be in hog heaven! He loves Pantera, Slipknot....all those heavy bands. Did you ask for his autograph, Chef? LOL
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm with Beavis and Butthead on that one, Pantera ROCK!
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah I know it's Vinnie. Usually when we see him now hubs just nods at him. I wave. He must have saved or invested well. He has a killer house and a nice Caddy. Lol maybe I can be a roadie and make some decent scratch!
I think he did Damageplan too. Hubs has a Hellyeah CD.
The place where DimeBag got killed is right by the college that I went to for 4 years. Then we end up moving to Texas and right next door to Vinnie. What a small world.
Hubs used to like to work out to Pantera. The only one of theirs I like is Walk. The rest is pretty hard for me.
Lurker
0 likes
I remember them having a big hit, right? What was it?

Myself, I'd rather have the car, but I respect a band like that.

Bubba, since you're a bassist, do you know Chris Squire? He's my favorite bassist.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
Bubba, since you're a bassist, do you know Chris Squire? He's my favorite bassist.

Rocco, I don't know Chris Squire personally but I'm a big fan of Yes and I like the way he plays. I know he's done some solo stuff over the years. I think the one thing that sticks out about Chris Squire is his brand loyalty. In the 35 or so years that I've watched Yes, and Chris Squire, I have NEVER seen him playing any other brand of guitar but a Rickenbacker.

By the way, I have a multitude of bassists I've learned from over the years, thereby molding my own style. Several of these bassists are Geddy Lee, Jack Bruce, Victor Wooten, Jaco Pastorius, and many many more.

If anyone's interested in listening to Victor Wooten play Norwegian Wood on bass, click on the link below. By the way, I can't do that...yet. Like anything, practice makes perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9a4ThBNacY
Lurker
0 likes
Ever listen to Rick Laird from Mahavishnu Orchestra?
Lurker
0 likes
I've never been able to get into fusion jazz. To me it sounds like a group of musicians all playing different things. Never been my cup of tea. Sorry to say I haven't listened to Rick Laird.
Lurker
0 likes
After that pause, I'll swing the thread back to Pantera.
Lurker
0 likes
How bout body building? Ronnie Coleman is a pt police officer here in Arlington. Go figure