Login

another goodbye to another good friend

last reply
36 replies
3.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings. There are really no words that can be said to express these losses when a person we hold dear is taken from us. We should always try our best to live the days we have the best we can and not leave what can be done today for tomorrow.

Condolences and may you find a lasting comfort
Lurker
My sincere condolences K . I totally can relate to your story as I lost my grandfather recently .
Hugs and kisses
Advanced Wordsmith
I can truly identify with your grief. I woke up this morning to find a message one of my Lush friends had passed away. Although we had never met, we corresponded frequently via Email. I do not know the details of his passing, which really do not matter. His charming wit and talent as a writer will be missed. Rest in peace, my dear friend.
Lurker
this afternoon is the viewing for my friend, and i'm dreading it so much i'm nearly sick. i've known his wife half my life, i've known two of his three children since they were born, and i know i have to be there for them, but i have no idea how to be strong for them or even what to say to them.

any of you who are praying people, please remember me today, and much more than that, remember his family. any of you who aren't, please keep us in your thoughts.

please, once again, appreciate every moment you're given with the people you love. take nothing for granted.

mike was the biggest elvis fan i know, even bigger than myself. i'll leave this for him.

So sorry to hear of your loss, and my heart goes out to you and to the family left behind. No poor words of ours can fill the dreadful empty feeling a tragedy like this brings, but for what they are worth, they are sent to you along with my thoughts and prayers. My sincere condolences.
Lurker
As a widow, I constantly have that sadness that comes with losing a loved one, even if I am having a very happy day. I miss all my family and friends that have gone before me. But, I treasure every day that I am alive, and want to live it as fully as I can. The days, months, years, go by too quickly, so let's live each day loudly!
Lurker
My condolences. For whatever comfort it may be, know that you are far from alone. All of us experience the loss of loved ones over the years and while I thought I'd become hardened to it at an early age, I was mistaken. each loss leaves a hole in your life and your heart. The only way to fill those holes is with love. So, my best advice to you is to reach out to those you love who share your loss and help each other heal. The best medicine is sharing the memories. Best of luck to you and all those others touched by this loss. And remember that those who love you wish for your happiness, not your pain.