0 watchers
0 likes
Smiley Guru
0 likes
OUTSTANDING!
Love the list. Agree completely.
Lurker
0 likes
Good stuff here Jim ,, I was out on the tractor with a bush mower at age 12.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by shameless009
Good stuff here Jim ,, I was out on the tractor with a bush mower at age 12.

Hell I was doin that at 8 years old to tell you the truth and using a string trimmer to. gotta love how the older generation used to lets us do shit like that.
Lurker
0 likes
Why ,, Hell yes.
Lurker
0 likes
I remember riding my bike alone without a helmet, miles away from home. Yeah, I wiped out on it. I put on a bandaid and rode it again the next day. That's what kids do.
My Dad wouldn't let me have a knife until I was 12, and I did the same with my own son. He didn't cut a finger off. He also didn't shoot an eye out when I bought him a BB gun, either.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
I remember riding my bike alone without a helmet, miles away from home. Yeah, I wiped out on it. I put on a bandaid and rode it again the next day. That's what kids do.
My Dad wouldn't let me have a knife until I was 12, and I did the same with my own son. He didn't cut a finger off. He also didn't shoot an eye out when I bought him a BB gun, either.

Shit I stil don't wear a helmet when I ride
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I loved that! I got my first pocket knife from my grandfather at 4yo. They lived on a farm... At 6yo I was driving a pickup truck hauling feed and hay. I took apart anything and everything I could get my grubby little hands on, just to see what made it tick. Of course, the internet, cd's and mp3's weren't around when I was young. Hell, there wasn't even tv!
Lurker
0 likes
I grew up with a overly protective mother, I always felt she was watching everything I did. Still trying to move away from that carefull voice in my head.
0 likes
I agree with most of that, apart from the pocket knife one. Funny how they only showed boys in the clips though. I was doing a lot of that stuff in my younger days too!
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Pocket knife at seven.

BB gun at nine.

12 gauge shotgun at twelve.

Playing tackle football on frozen farm ponds (and not so-frozen), at ten.

Running with scissors in hand, at the pool - never.

Operating a gas powered push mower by eight, on inclines - not til my early teens.

Committing minor arson, to field and wood, by eleven.

Starting fire via magnifying glass at six.

French kissing first girl, at 16 (she was 19). That was the biggie and far most dangerous on the list.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Having said that my Mum never let me do anything to dangerous. It hasn't stopped me having a go at any D.I.Y job around the house. There seem's to be no end what I won't try at the moment hee hee no where did I put that drill and that circular saw
Lurker
0 likes
My dad taught me to make a fire using wood in the wild. It was one of the things I remember him teaching me. And a great thing too in case I was ever lost in the wild and needed to make one. He made sure I did it safely to under his supervision.

I also remember driving with my dad in the car on his lap when I was a kid in an closed parking lot
Lurker
0 likes
Hey if kids are taught to respect guns knives and cars they are all pretty safe oh yeah can't forget playing with fire lol the key word here being to RESPECT it all.
Lurker
0 likes
Brush hogging when i was 7 or 8
Motorcycle riding 8 (some kind of a helmet)
Bucking Bales 8
Driving Cattle 8
Blew Up Metal Storage Shed 8 (think my ass was hotter than the fire after my dad got done w/ me)
Stole 1st Kiss 8 or 9 (Future High School Homecoming Queen)
Driving Tractor 9
Driving team of horses 9
Fired 12 gauge shotgun 10 (dislocated shoulder)
Splitting firewood 10
1st time 2 have knee surgery 11 (wrecked motorcycle; I have had 14 knee surgeries since; latest just getting over it)

You know you remember all the stupid shit that you ever do in life, like this list but can't remember what the Hell you had for breakfast, lunch or supper some times.