Gymnastics (15 votes) 32%
Various Martial Arts (8 votes) 17%
Tennis (3 votes) 6%
Cycling (3 votes) 6%
Other (please share the event!) (21 votes) 45%
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TheDarkKnight

HAA HAA... its Michael Phelps.. the guy has the highest number gold in individual event (8 golds) and all u remember him is for smoking weed!!! .. pheww.... Phelps would surely have been weeping his eyes out

Probably, then again maybe not. It was what they made such the big deal over. Him acting like a 22 year old and having fun.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm excited! Track looks like it'll be quite the spectacle. Michael Phelps will probably be a beast again. I'm looking forward to see if the U.S. men's basketball team can win gold again. Gymnastics will be back! There's so much and I won't be able to see it all again. sad
Lurker
0 likes
I will watch track and field, girls gymnastics and swimming events. And all others are really fun to watch also
Lurker
0 likes
diving swimming
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
* Athletics (Track and Field)
* Beach Volleyball
* Boxing- Queen from WA,USA should be good. my uncle help train her.
* Gymnastics
* Swimming-Michael Phelps
Lurker
0 likes
Tennis
Site administrator
0 likes
Absolutely none !! Its gonna bring the capital to a grinding halt and the cost is staggering all at a time when economically we are in the crap .. One of the cycle races is going to be where I live and the suggestion is the locals stay in for 2 days because the roads will be closed !!! WTF !! gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... dont get me started please !!
Lurker
0 likes
I really enjoy it all.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious
Equestrian for me!

It's such a shame that our hero Hickstead is no longer with us. Eric Lamaze has an ok mount for these Olympics but no match for Hickstead.

I also will be very curious to see how the Dressage event pans out. Germany bought the winning horse from the latest World Equestrian Games for $9.5 million Euro. It should be interesting to see how Totilas performs with the German team. He is quite the horse but $9.5 million Euro worth? That remains to be seen!

The German Dressage team is always respected. But I have to cheer for the home team here! Although Dressage to me is not my favorite, Id rather watching the eventing any day! Actually it would be nice to see reining and saddleseat eq added. (unrealistic I know)
Lurker
0 likes
I am looking forward to watching Basketball, Tennis, and Track & Field. For Basketball, Melo, Wade, James and company are the ones to beat.
Lurker
0 likes
I will be watching my computer screen whilst writing messages on the forums.....
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
The TV probably won't be off for 2 weeks during that time - happens every 2 years, Winter and Summer olypmics - we watch as much as we can. My personal favorites are Rhythmic Gymnastics, Men's Gymnastics, diving, swimming, Bmx (which is kind of new), and Volleyball - i like the team V-ball better than beach V-ball, but both are fun. oh, and soccer. it's all good, tho - and i don't watch sports the rest of the year, but there's something special about the olympics!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Cycling as in roadies that's my gig. be all honest don't have major cable just the basic stuff so doubtful unless I can catch some of it online I will watch to much. Not really a huge sports fan here
“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.”~Frank Sinatra~
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by latinfoxy

I love Gymnastics (i did Rhythmic gymnastics till i was 14 and love love love watching it)

i did not know that about you! that is sooo cool! i love those, they are my favorites - hmm... suddenly, i have a story idea... *giggles*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do they still play Water Polo? Always thought that was a pretty cool game alhough I always felt sorry for the horses!!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
yes they do, Nikki - only they use seahorses *giggles*

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite
yes they do, Nikki - only they use seahorses *giggles*

Thats a great idea. They must use a saltwater pool. And I would imagine they only use the Females, wouldnt want any Males giving birth during the game. But it must be hard for the countries entered to find players small enough to ride them!!

Looks like he is about to throw the ball at the goal!!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's an incredible event when we get to forgett that we "supposed" to fight with weapons instead of compete with brains and muscles... Hum, maybe we should have it sooner than every 4 years.
I watch swimming, tracks and all that I can. I will not watch boxing.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Trampoline fo' sho'
Lurker
0 likes
being a former tumbler i look forward to the gymnastics
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I always look forward to the Olympics, no matter what season. My family watched them every time for as long as i can remember. I watch some of the track and field, but my mother and I always loved the diving and swimming. I like the gymnasts both artistic and rhythmic. I will record and watch as much as I can.
...I thought that maybe a new life, a different life, wouldn’t be so bad. But where the hell did I put the receipt, and could you return something that was over twenty years old? Where do you go to get a new life when your old one has you so puzzled you don’t know how to fix it? Wish I knew.
-Anita Blake (Laurell K. Hamilton)
Lurker
0 likes
track and field
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
DAYS TO GO!
0 likes
DAYS TO GO!
0 likes
hehehehe

days to go!!
0 likes
MORE DAYS!!

I sure hope that the security issue improves before the games start ....

and the sun decides to come out for the games!
Site administrator
0 likes
Well I hope they bloody well cancel the whole thing !!
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
Well I hope they bloody well cancel the whole thing !!

Isn't that pleasant of you .....